[Suggestion] Disable scroll distance

So scroll distance, where you flick the scroll and you get your range. Making life a hair bit too easy. Rangefinders were implemented, give people a bit more incentive to use them. On eu server, I've noticed that you implemented the Sniper/Spotter roles, which I like quite a bit. But there's little desire to grab a spotter if all you have to do is flick the scroll wheel and negate any need for a rangefinder.

Here's what TAW's manual says about these 2 roles, And I've edited it to apply to your domi server (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12346) (if you don't like taw, use shacktacs http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/attachments.html)

Sniper Duties and Responsibilities:

Selects Sniper Hide Location to fire from
Adjusts scope for range and angle
Engages human targets
Observes and relays information with spotter
Walks spotter on target (both are responsible for finding targets)

Spotter Duties and Responsibilities:

Identifies targets by priority
Walks sniper on target (Both are responsible for finding targets)
Makes range estimates for sniper
Provides close-range security and takes point when moving

I personally use the scroll distance to identify friendlies and to check if an ifrit is friendly or not. i think if u take it away there will be alot more friendly ifrits and players getting shot. because there are some players that wear clothing similar to enemy uniform. unless u can just remove the distance and still be able to scroll to identify friendlies.

I personally use the scroll distance to identify friendlies and to check if an ifrit is friendly or not. i think if u take it away there will be alot more friendly ifrits and players getting shot. because there are some players that wear clothing similar to enemy uniform. unless u can just remove the distance and still be able to scroll to identify friendlies.

Yes, you can easily just remove the distance and keep the identify. Personally, I prefer it all to be off. In pubs, i prefer it to be on for that exact reason, however you will still end up being friendly fired either by accident or on purpose,