[Bug] Gillie suit for any player

Sry, if I submit in incorrect part of forum.

SUBJ,

Any player may use gillie without sniper/spotter slot(I think this is known issue, but here it is) I think this is incorrect behaviour.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Login to any A&I server(better host by yourself)

2) Select sniper slot and save equipment configuration

3) Join to any A&I server(not as sniper, for autogunner for example) and load previously saved config.

4) whooa! You R in gillie suit.

How to prevent that:

1) During loading - check player slot.

2) <this is pseudo-code>

If(user.class != Sniper || user.class != Spotter)
then
    user.removeItem(gillie);
else
    void;
fi

In my opinion the guns are worse. But yes, some kind of check so you cannot get stuff that we have restricted in this way (not only sniper stuff) is something I'd like as well.

Yea I have to agree that the guns are worse. Last night at one point in time the US server was full. of the forces that were out at the objective I believe that only 20% of the players actually moved in on the AO. the rest were all clumped together seeing who could get the first shot off on each tango.

Now I do not see anything wrong with having overwatch, but when you are seeing medics in ghillies and a sniper rifle just laying 1000m away from an AO, that gets frustrating. I am sure that after people have played with the new toys it will all settle down some, but i think on stratis, this is just to much. Hopefully people will start going back to how it used to be and play their roles, but we will see.

I honestly do not think this can be corrected without removing the VAC boxes and having each class stick to what is availabe to them. BUT doing this might lower our population because people will not be able to customize their own gear to the way they like.

Yea I have to agree that the guns are worse. Last night at one point in time the US server was full. of the forces that were out at the objective I believe that only 20% of the players actually moved in on the AO. the rest were all clumped together seeing who could get the first shot off on each tango.

Now I do not see anything wrong with having overwatch, but when you are seeing medics in ghillies and a sniper rifle just laying 1000m away from an AO, that gets frustrating. I am sure that after people have played with the new toys it will all settle down some, but i think on stratis, this is just to much. Hopefully people will start going back to how it used to be and play their roles, but we will see.

I honestly do not think this can be corrected without removing the VAC boxes and having each class stick to what is availabe to them. BUT doing this might lower our population because people will not be able to customize their own gear to the way they like.

Why not have a different dialog for each class at the ammo box? 

So snipers get a pick of sniper rifles, infantry get standard weapons, etc

I hope not too far off topic, but the same restrictions on sniper equipment should have been done to AT (and AA in the future?) a long time ago in my opinion. I get quite annoyed when going to side mission and a couple of guys finish it off from a distance with rocket launchers.

It has got a bit better lately, I guess people learned the lack of effectiveness, but also the shooting of rockets on infantry is a bit irritating.

I'm mostly positive to letting the players get whatever load out they want. But some stuff is over powered (mortars) or just bad for gameplay if everyone have access (snipers and to some extent AT launchers in my opinion). Enemy uniforms are a gate for conflict between players where the players with enemy equipment blames other players for team kills!!!