LAN Anyone?

George

The Larger event are sponsored by intel, Nvida and/or Radeon.  I have seen The aforementioned companies provide PCs for the event (even if that is mostly just to show off their own gear.)  The event shown above looks like one of those also the fact its in a larger sized convention supports this.   I think if we did a BYO Gear event and rented somewhere quite modest for the evening it couldn't be too expensive   We would just need a large area with desks, We would probs need some network solutions to get everyone connected up.  Just make sure that we never allow too many people to bring too many things like if 100 people turn up in an evening... FANTASTIC, if they all rock up with a PC that could be problematic.

These are the kinda of things we need to get to and also possibly get a cheeky little sponsorship maybe. if you mate runs it you will be able to get something going maybe? 

Are these big events or do they keep them small, also is it expensive to setup/run?

Ahem, talk of sponsorship and whatnot does not belong in the public forums. :P As you can see in the video, Epic LAN has the potential to be massive and is a mid/large size professional setup at the moment. Tickets for the events are very reasonable, check out their website http://www.epiclan.co.uk/

The Larger event are sponsored by intel, Nvida and/or Radeon.  I have seen The aforementioned companies provide PCs for the event (even if that is mostly just to show off their own gear.)  The event shown above looks like one of those also the fact its in a larger sized convention supports this.   I think if we did a BYO Gear event and rented somewhere quite modest for the evening it couldn't be too expensive   We would just need a large area with desks, We would probs need some network solutions to get everyone connected up.  Just make sure that we never allow too many people to bring too many things like if 100 people turn up in an evening... FANTASTIC, if they all rock up with a PC that could be problematic.

I think Epic LAN is bring your own gear at the moment. If you're looking for a small LAN, their's one a 2 Pigs in Cheltenham every now and then and I think Gareth has one running regularly at the Brunswick in Gloucester.