Moi, minun ystävät

Mattadee

Hi guys!

I'm Matthew, but in game I go by Mattadee (however you can really call me either, I'm not fussed). I'm 20 years old now living in London whilst I'm on my degree programme, although I have high hopes that even once that's tied up and finished around about April/May, I'll have found some form of employment and will be able to stay in the city. I've also been playing ARMA 3 since alpha... so, years.

Which brings me onto the next thing. Some of the AW admins and veteran community who have been around for years and years now may be thinking 'I swear we used to have a Mattadee around here'. You'd be right. This isn't actually my first forum post, and I'm far from new to AW. I played a lot of I&A right back when the game was in the middle of it's development cycle and we were all still eagerly waiting for the Apex expansion. The future ahead was bright, but alas university caught up with me and the reality of having to juggle studies with a new bustling social life and PC gaming caught up with me, and ARMA had to take the hit.

Writing this now I still have one year left of studying, and it's arguably the most intense of the three. Therefore, it seems silly that I've decided to reintroduce myself now of all times. However there is one simple caveat which I know will draw me back to I&A naturally. And that caveat is a brand new PC. It's been something I've wanted to do for a long while, but I've never had the financial capacity as a young boy to do a proper computer upgrade. But now I can! And it's great, I'm actually able to fly a helicopter and get more than 10fps now! Isn't that just wonderful.

So, that said, I hope to be about a bit more and perhaps even try to make my stamp on the game and the specific mission that has been a feature of my gaming years ever since I was 15 years old and technically too young to even be playing. I look forwards to seeing you all around on the forums and in the Teamspeak :)

All the best
-Matthew

Great to see you back Mattadee

I remembered you and never did forget you, you're a veteran and you've been around here for donkey years!

Great to see you back man.

P.S you'd be sad to hear that most the public mod and admins have moved on quite a while back, and while some have stayed liked myself, our public admin team and our playerbase is a fresh new face compared to some of the faces you may have seen a good two years ago!

15 hours ago, Xwatt said:

Great to see you back Mattadee

I remembered you and never did forget you, you're a veteran and you've been around here for donkey years!

Great to see you back man.

P.S you'd be sad to hear that most the public mod and admins have moved on quite a while back, and while some have stayed liked myself, our public admin team and our playerbase is a fresh new face compared to some of the faces you may have seen a good two years ago!

Ah Xwatt, long time no see! Good to know that you're still about and kicking it though even if some of the old guard have now moved onto other things. Hopefully I can catch you about at some point and have a proper catch-up :)