Invade & Annex 4 Alpha Test Feedback

Ryko

It's more the giant floating target for every Vehicle and Manpad in the area that's the problem, Tigris and kamish loooooove Parachute dropped vehicles ❤️ you have to get them down on the ground ASAP screened by a hill as they glide down on chutes

And with the sharing of enemy intel in I&A4 it's quite conceivable that if something is within 1400m of you as you're on a chute, every AA vehicle within 4km could open up on you, no? or am I misunderstanding the enemy intel sharing thing?

1 hour ago, Joebillibob said:

Currently in the server, i found an empty AO (secondary objective: counterattack) that was cleared out before me an it was still active. I don't know if we need to complete the primary OBJ before the secondary one disappear. 

The way that secondary is supposed to work is that it selects a location the players have previously conquered and sets up a team of enemy forces to attack it. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it because there's not really a fail condition (it wouldn't make sense that all the units would decide to give up and leave after a time limit). 

just a few things i have noticed while playing here:

1. the destroyer has currently no way of rearming the cannon and cruise missiles. (Maybe this is supposed to be a 1 time use thing idk)

2. vehicles are not respawning/despawing same with the helis and the blackwasps

2.1 idea: reduce respawn time and distance with alot if vehicles are in base since they are already used alot for in base transport

3. primary weapon of the default Anti-Air riflemen slot gets deleted (MX Black)

On 9/28/2018 at 5:51 PM, Ryko said:

The way that secondary is supposed to work is that it selects a location the players have previously conquered and sets up a team of enemy forces to attack it. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it because there's not really a fail condition (it wouldn't make sense that all the units would decide to give up and leave after a time limit). 

Aren't the missions where the AI is on the offencive problematic in that the AI can get stuck and if the players can't find the and deal with the stuck enemy the mission will go on forever basically?

I'm sure something could be done by making sure the AI spawns close enough to the mission in an effort to minimise the risk of not finding the attackers.

On 10/1/2018 at 5:59 AM, Lindi said:

Aren't the missions where the AI is on the offencive problematic in that the AI can get stuck and if the players can't find the and deal with the stuck enemy the mission will go on forever basically?

I'm sure something could be done by making sure the AI spawns close enough to the mission in an effort to minimise the risk of not finding the attackers.

I'm guessing Ryko's got a timer on it, despawn enemies and complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I can't remember what I already said to ryko here is everything I can remember:

• AFK hint gets stuck on the highest value you've reached and doesn't drop back to 0.  It does reset to 0 on respawn. 
  • Vehicle respawn script didn't appear to be running
  • This error got spammed a few thousand times in my rpt:

21:08:49 Error in expression <ames)-1);
}
else
{    _name =name _x; };

drawIcon3D [
[_x,"texture"] call BIS_fnc>
21:08:49   Error position: <drawIcon3D [
[_x,"texture"] call BIS_fnc>
21:08:49   Error Type Any, expected Number

Also the respawn times on the armored vehicles are just a bit too long seeing how we have 2 crews.  It'd also be nice to have a very lightly armed APC for the armor crews with a short respawn timer so they can at least drive people around when waiting for the other vehicles to respawn. 

Things I can remember from yesterday:

• Enemy MBTs and IFVs seemed to spawn in reaction to a tracked APC that only has a .50 and a GMG
  • People couldn't get in the cargo seats of helis
  • You couldn't rescue the hostages in the hostage rescue mission
  • A debug hint when getting in vehicles was still on

And another suggestion:  could armor crews similar to helicopter pilots get a reward for transporting people?  It might encourage them to actually use the APCs as transport vehicles instead of using them as combat vehicles.  And maybe add a hint when a transported person gets out how many points were made by transporting that guy? 

• Ryko locked this topic