Invade & Annex 4 Alpha Test Feedback

Ryko

features?

txt messaging works when downed

loadouts autosave/apply - it didn't the first time, next death it worked but it did not update for any loadout changes next time

all player map markers and on-screen are 'rifleman' (bluefor, opfor on map get tagged by role)

the revive menu not sure if it's acting weird or needs more care, but it disappears when ~80% finished. and triggering it with 'space' mostly failed for me. mmb worked more reliably. the 'revive' clock/progress will stay up the whole time.

personal inventory (I) in base keeps closing when not facing the arsenal, resulting in misfires (cleanup procedure interfering?)

overall I like the direction it seems to be going :D

-UAV operator cannot use UAVs while he's in base
-Crate with ammo near the vehicle service pad closes your inventory automatically after you open it.  It also contains vehicle ammo

-Ghosthawks don't have lock guns actions
-Driving into trees kills you just a little bit to easily
-UAV operator has controls over all the UAVs on the carrier and destroyer

-Arsenal is a bit out of date
-Tasks aren't deleting themselves after completion, meaning we'll end up with a long list of completed tasks.
-Rules are still from AWE
-Vehicles don't have clean vehicle inventory action
-Slots that you previously took cannot be taken again

That's all I can remember atm :) 

I like what I'm reading about locking backpacks and vehicles.

I don't like the existence of an init.sqf file.

I hope the use of vanilla slots is planned, I don't think public EU#1 needs or appreciates the (presumably) AWE dynamic group system.

As I can be considered an expert in the field I once more politely offer to fix / implement:

• The Virtual Arsenal + Gear Restriction system I made for I & A 3
  • The Seat Restriction system I made for I & A 3
  • The Ghost Hawk Door Action (maybe just all vehicle doors if I have time and motivation)
  • Clean Vehicle Inventory Action + Earplug Action (overhauled and fairly refined as of I & A 3.3.8.2, BIS themselves would be proud)

1 minute ago, ansin11 said:

I like what I'm reading about locking backpacks and vehicles. I don't like the existence of an init.sqf file. I hope the use of vanilla slots is planned, I don't think public EU#1 needs or appreciates the (presumably) AWE dynamic group system.

As I can be considered an expert in the field I once more politely offer to fix / implement:

• The Ghost Hawk Door Action (maybe just all vehicle doors if I have time and motivation)
  • Clean Vehicle Inventory Action + Earplug Action (overhauled and fairly refined as of I & A 3.3.8.2, BIS themselves would be proud)

I suggest you join EU7 :)

Then you should know that this

11 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

I hope the use of vanilla slots is planned, I don't think public EU#1 needs or appreciates the (presumably) AWE dynamic group system.

isn't the case.

And there is nothing wrong with having an init.sqf

13 minutes ago, ansin11 said:
  • The restriction was made when the development of I&A4 started, long before tanks DLC and stuff like that came out.  And it wasn't intended to be the final version.  So it's pretty normal that it's not entire up to date.  Also something to keep in mind: The arsenal I made you based your arsenal of was based off of the arsenal I&A 4 uses. 
  • Seat restrictions were taken from I&A 3 many many versions ago.  I&A3s was based around BLUFOR as is your current one.  I&A 4 supports all factions as playable.  So even if they'd use yours it'd need to be tweaked.
  • Not really that important in an alpha stage but yea why not I guess
  • The earplug action Ryko wrote is actually pretty nice.  I suggest you actually play and use it. 

2 hours ago, radek said:

features?

txt messaging works when downed

Not entirely sure it's a bad thing? I mean technically not being able to type while injured means you cannot ask for help.

(Also I&A3 you can still type when down if you first open the score board! :) )

15 minutes ago, Lindi said:

Not entirely sure it's a bad thing? I mean technically not being able to type while injured means you cannot ask for help.

(Also I&A3 you can still type when down if you first open the score board! :) )

that's why i'm asking if it's a feature. you can also draw/write on the map in both, so that's the same, but the general txt is different.

Did we even play the same I & A 4? :D I was talking about JOIN SERVER - SELECT SLOT (AND ROLE) - JOIN / LOAD MISSION while it currently appears to be JOIN SERVER - (ALL SLOTS ARE THE SAME) - JOIN / LOAD MISSION - SELECT SQUAD (AND ROLE) in I & A 4.

25 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

Seat restrictions were taken from I&A 3 many many versions ago.  I&A3s was based around BLUFOR as is your current one.  I&A 4 supports all factions as playable.  So even if they'd use yours it'd need to be tweaked.

Vehicle seat restrictions Stan, vehicle seats. Like pilot seats.

There is indeed little wrong with using init.sqf, but if you already run

if (hasInterface) then {};

you might as well place that in the initPlayerLocal.sqf and split the rest up that way too so that everything is where it is placed best and where it is expected by people reading the code who try to grasp what the hell is going on and why and where it's going on.

- I would prefer to have classic additional arsenals at every base

- last gear sometimes dont save

- vehicle customize options (tanks dlc stuff)
- maybe more stuff from CSAT? (backpacks etc.)

- hunters from the vehicle depot will despawn at base (even if its locked by a player), cuz you can anyway buy your own

- ofc view distance plugin

2 minutes ago, radek said:

that's why i'm asking if it's a feature. you can also draw/write on the map in both, so that's the same, but the general txt is different.

The respawn system is straight out of Vanilla Arma, and I'm not sure what capacity I have to alter it, if any. 

1 minute ago, ansin11 said:

JOIN SERVER - (ALL SLOTS ARE THE SAME) - JOIN / LOAD MISSION - SELECT SQUAD (AND ROLE) in I & A 4.

Since you choose your role in-game, there's no need to have any diversification in the player roles from the lobby. In fact the only reason there is a lobby selection at all is to allow a server operator to choose mission parameters; there is the capacity to have the mission automatically assign a player a role (Rifleman) and launch automatically into the mission, but this would mean you couldn't change mission parameters.

5 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

Vehicle seat restrictions Stan, vehicle seats. Like pilot seats.

Seat restrictions are handled by the dynamically selected role, not the player's avatar.

3 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

you might as well place that in the initPlayerLocal.sqf and split the rest up that way

Except that init.sqf is run after initPlayerLocal and initServer, and there may be reasons you want to run it that way. In the case of IA4 this isn't the case, it's not strictly necessary to do it this way, it's just a hold over from previous versions and it's never been cleaned up (or frankly, needed to be cleaned up).

The respawn system might need some Event Handler work, as far as I found out the vanilla revive system doesn't use FAKs if the medic has a medkit; meaning infinite heals if you have a medkit.

About the slot / role thing: It's a public server, so in my opinion, it's in our best interest to keep the role selection (and things like that) as close to the popular ingame standard as possible.

And yes, roleDescription is what I used instead of isKindOf too, for... reasons.

Yea, I was disappointed by the amount of uhm starting-from-scratch I saw while going through it briefly.

34 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

popular ingame standard

It's the limitations of the popular in game standard that I'm getting around. From tonight's test, no one seemed confused or opposed to the system, and many people switched roles a few times. I don't think anyone missed going back to the lobby to do so. 

36 minutes ago, ansin11 said:

Yea, I was disappointed by the amount of uhm starting-from-scratch I saw while going through it briefly.

I have no idea the point you're making here. 

13 hours ago, ansin11 said:

Most of the people on EU#7 have played Arma 3 (or even AWE) for more than three days, they already have somewhat of a clue what's going on.

We had several people from EU1 join, people like scar, who have never ever joined AWE.

13 hours ago, ansin11 said:

You want my stuff now or not?

He already has it, it's in I&A 3 on the server.

I too have never been to AWE. I've seen Scar on EU#7, and as far as I am aware, he defenitely has a few more than three days of Arma 3 experience. Do you read what I write or do you just reply?

Yes, Ryko has all the code, but unless he wants to paste even more I & A 3 into I & A 4 he's going to have to find out what needs to go where all by himself. Yay.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:35 PM, ansin11 said:

About the slot / role thing: It's a public server, so in my opinion, it's in our best interest to keep the role selection (and things like that) as close to the popular ingame standard as possible.

AFAIK, that came about mostly because of the (current?) intentions for EU#2, namely that squad structure would be enforced along with an expectation of teamwork.

Given that, it would be considered an improvement to not be required to Lobby when switching slot.

I don't consider it inferior or more than marginally more complex myself, and it might cut down on lobby idling too.