Videos and shiz!

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

http://youtu.be/J3NyptGJzLo

I went up in a glider last year and was put off a little by a guy saying 'I wouldn't go up in these conditions', the parachute tutorial before hopping in and the bumpy ride on the way up. I did enjoy myself but I was happy to be back on two feet after the flight. This video has made me want to give gliding another chance. 

I went up in a glider last year and was put off a little by a guy saying 'I wouldn't go up in these conditions', the parachute tutorial before hopping in and the bumpy ride on the way up. I did enjoy myself but I was happy to be back on two feet after the flight. This video has made me want to give gliding another chance. 

Awesome video!  Makes me want to go gliding

Looks like fun, how much out of pocket does it leave you?

My local gliding club is fairly cheap. A trial lesson is £46 which gets you around 15-20 minutes in the air. If you want to take it up as a hobby (able to fly solo) you've got to do some training and an exam. Fergie is the man to talk to here when it comes to gliding. 

My local gliding club is fairly cheap. A trial lesson is £46 which gets you around 15-20 minutes in the air. If you want to take it up as a hobby (able to fly solo) you've got to do some training and an exam. Fergie is the man to talk to here when it comes to gliding. 

Thx for the info much appreciated. I suppose I should see if there is one near me(I highly doubt it but still) and see if they're light on your pocket

Gliding is good fun bit weird at first if you go from powered flight cause there's no engine sound

if you're anywhere near Naas try here http://www.dublinglidingclub.ie

The Dublin Gliding Club, Punchestown, Naas, Co.Kildare, €99 for an intro flight 

if you want to try powered flight / helos

i used to fly at (albeit 20 years ago and with a somewhat disposable income, and before it was the NFC) the National Flight centre www.nfc.ie it's based at Weston Air - www.westonairport.com in Leixlip  

€140 for 30 mins on SIM and 30 min intro flight in a Cessna or Ralley 100

If money was no object i'd go back and finish / restart lessons and try for a license, it was expensive in the 90's can't imagine how much it would cost now considering i used to pay £50 to £70 Irish pounds a lesson, I ran out of funding after about 14 hours of lessons back then you needed 19 hours before to get a student / provisional pilot license and be able to take exams etc. :(

ahh the good old Irish pound. why the fu** did we ever change it, bloody dopy politicians. I don't remember it very well put it looked prettier than the Irish euro. anyhouse, thx for the info i'll look into doing some work for those extra coins, probably a turf salesman.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank, because the F14 (LEFT) and F15 (Right) look similar when looking head on they sort of share (Mr Grumman and Mr McDonnell Douglas were looking over each others shoulder on examday) the same shape cockpit fuselage and engine intake sections,

F14Schematic.jpgF15Schematic.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an everyday day occurrence in GTA online but when it's for real, things are a little more serious. Luckily only one person, the pilot of the plane which lost a wing, was injured when he suffered cuts as he ejected using an emergency chute the other managed to land the plane safely despite serious damage to the wing and propeller.