EU1/AWE Teamwork/Communication Encouragement

Valkyyr

Question

Was just wondering about how server capacity works. How it's decided, what's the maximum it can be set to, what's required to change it etc.

Obviously Ahoyworld (I think) kinda prides itself upon enhanced. There's a rather clear motive to get people on there if possible, and so I was thinking what if we added another squad size group to EU1, but it's restricted to those who actually want VON communication and to run around and do thing's as a team or to be in a specific channel on TS to get access. Have it sort of like a trial run for both the players to see if they enjoy the teamwork element, and then perhaps to use that as incentive to consider checking out AWE? it get's them on TS.

Another possible route for them to see what AW is like before having to download X amount of gb for the mods? 

2 answers to this question

As I see it, if people want teamwork, 90% of the time they will go out their way and ask for any groups that are doing side missions etc. The other player base can carry on as usual, as we never have (and never will) force being in co-ordinated groups upon people.

Personally I don't see the need for a 'VON' squad, as if that's what people want, they'll go out of their own way to ask people to group up or ask if there are any groups already.

just my 2 cents. 

Edit: The 'incentive' to try get people on enhanced if possible is completely false, all players have their own choice of which server they want to play on. At the very least the only thing we would do is make the player aware that the enhanced server exists, and it may suit their play-style much more if they prefer co-ordinated teamwork.

12 hours ago, Xwatt said:

Edit: The 'incentive' to try get people on enhanced if possible is completely false, all players have their own choice of which server they want to play on. At the very least the only thing we would do is make the player aware that the enhanced server exists, and it may suit their play-style much more if they prefer co-ordinated teamwork.

I must've just conjured this up in my head from somewhere then! ??

12 hours ago, Xwatt said:

Personally I don't see the need for a 'VON' squad, as if that's what people want, they'll go out of their own way to ask people to group up or ask if there are any groups already.

Point conceded