AWE still up and running?

Hi all,

I've been away from AW for a long time for a number of personal reasons, but am seriously considering coming back to the game and the community. Is AWE still up and running? What maps are mostly being used these days? Have the new Arma 3 mods been implemented?

Appreciate any feedback!

JaSmAn

Nice to see you again, Jasman.  We're still here!

Our current map rotation includes Malden, Altis, Stratis, Lythium, Tembelan, and Bozcaada, and sometimes Gorgona or Kunduz.

Most of the mods we use will be familiar, I'm trying to remember all that's changed since you last played. Some notable changes: The removal of Bluforce Tracker and its associated items, lots of new ace features including 'enhanced' nightvision and dslyexci's grenade script, the BAF modpack which adds a whole lot of British Armed Forces assets, and a few different vehicles, from Air superiority jets to LAV's.   People come and go(as evidenced by you!) but the server is still quite active on weekends, Friday nights in particular if you're looking for a good time to hop on.

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

I wondered where you'd gone, Jasman! Last I remember we talked in the back of a car with Gandalf on Takistan, feeling the tingly feels as we crested the hill overlooking our beloved mess of an AO. Lots has changed since, and you'd do best to see for yourself because frankly I have not a clue what was the latest chic when you last played.

It's a feisty little thing, this AWE. It won't go under so easily. It kicks and squirms and possibly projectile-vomits all sorts of stringy goo over your back when you hug it, but it's here and we love it for all its faults. Come and stay, make it that little bit better that way.

Yep, AWE is still active, though mostly on select days and times (usualy around midday/begining of the evening, up till 22:00 UTC.). A few oldies still play too, like Johnson and Mini.....and me i guess, though some i havnt seen in a while like Josh. Hope to see you ingame, and have fun in the mean while.

19 hours ago, SkullCollector said:

I wondered where you'd gone, Jasman! Last I remember we talked in the back of a car with Gandalf on Takistan, feeling the tingly feels as we crested the hill overlooking our beloved mess of an AO. Lots has changed since, and you'd do best to see for yourself because frankly I have not a clue what was the latest chic when you last played.

It's a feisty little thing, this AWE. It won't go under so easily. It kicks and squirms and possibly projectile-vomits all sorts of stringy goo over your back when you hug it, but it's here and we love it for all its faults. Come and stay, make it that little bit better that way.

Haha @SkullCollector yes those were some good times! I left just as @Ryko was getting Stiletto tweaked and running well. Will be cool to see what's up on the server these days.

Thanks @Mouldy and @DakimDragco too for the replies. Is Copey still around shouting at people, haha?

I recently bought a good gaming computer and reinstalled Arma 3, and I started downloading the mods yesterday. I can't even remember how to set up Teamspeak it's been that long!  Hope to see you guys on soon.

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Vlk said:

Hello. I haven’t seen much activity here or on the server recently ? Anyone still playing? Vlk

It´s exams period...so you wont see me around a lot in the next month/s. And the same probably goes for others aswell I guess??

54 minutes ago, Vlk said:

Hello. I haven’t seen much activity here or on the server recently ? Anyone still playing? Vlk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, anyone going on this evening? Looking to get back into AWE and Arma after a long hiatus.

Yeah, it's been dead on the server and the times people join the games aren't that fun because it's just a bunch of guys running around without organisation. A couple of guys do want to take it seriously but they usually just end up disconnecting.

It's sad to see the community is so inactive. I'm with you, let's get organised again.

Well I’ve been on most days building FOB’s and trying to complete missions single handed. It’s good practice for me. Sometimes I get joined by another Singleton. I have noticed that numbers are down on all the ArmA3 servers so maybe it’s a seasonal issue. One issue on the AWE server is the FOG, just makes the game look less pretty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As @Stanhope says, it does very much fall into the category of "nobody else is playing so I won't"

A good way to get people to join you on the server is to start playing, also, tell your friends about it.

AhoyWorld Enhanced's biggest problem for a while has been lack of advertisement, for the matter, it has never been advertised properly really. Anyone and everyone has the okay to start throwing out advertisement for it, when everyone that would normally play chips in and goes online, it does have a fairly healthy community number but even then it could be higher.

Normally every Wednesday and Friday there is a stiletto gamenight.  I was making a special defence style gamenight but well I've been 500+ km away from my PC the past 10 days.  Returning home today, I might finish it but I've got a bunch of other things planed as well.  So no promises.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...