Account deletion in accordance with data protection in the E.U. law

Guest Bartlett

Guest Bartlett

Well ive been away from AW for a fair amount of months now, and when I left I asked the current owner who I believe is no longer in that position to delete my email from the website I also communicated with a moderator as I'm sick of my email being spammed by notifications.

Now I'm asking again in a public post so everyone can see it 

Please remove my email account

Now i only  have to ask this of you as there is no setting for me to do myself, and whilst we're on that subject  I'd also like to remind you that you NEED to have that option available, failure to have that is in breach of the EU data protection laws, 

Now just to make this clear I am now telling you that I no longer give consent for you to withhold and information on me and I do not consent to anymore contact from you, any emails sent after this post will be seen as harassment!!

I strongly suggest you actually read the law, there are a bunch of clauses that could be called upon that would justify your data being kept.  Regardless of this even if you withdrew consent right now and you receive an email 2 seconds after that, that could not possibly be considered harassment.  I even doubt receiving emails could be considered harassment at all.

If you really want to get rid of it right now it as easy as this:

Go to: https://forums.ahoyworld.net/settings/email/

Change your email to one of these: https://www.guerrillamail.com/

Problem solved.

Guest Bartlett

Well done amentes but you might wanna read what I wrote again stating that it's to be done this year tightening up an laws that ALREADY exist 

Guest Bartlett

And Stanhope I would really like to see these clauses as the last time I checked it applies to companies keeping information, this is not a company it's a community and if anything it would fall under a charity as it runs off donations, and charities have very little rights to withhold information without consent of the person in question 

If you want to get technical:

Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)

1) The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies: [...]

3) Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:

a) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;

b) for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;

d)for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) in so far as the right referred to in paragraph 1 is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or

e) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.

Guest Bartlett

ok Stanhope what grounds are you arguing that you should keep my information, as I don't see how my information benefits ahoyworld at all? 

and just to point out I've already expressed my right to protect my information, this post being the 3rd attempt, so I'm looking for ahoyworld's defence as to why you should keep it, if the defence isn't warranted then they have to remove me, now ill comply with the law and make this 7 days notice and await the charity owners response, failing a response from him I would expect the law to be abided by and my details to be removed accordingly, then failing that I will have to go legal as there's no need to keep it apart from the need to annoy and harrass