Jump to content
  • 1
Kacper

Return of Tanoa

Question

Well, i just miss Tanoa map :D As a Zeus i can disable that annoying fog whenever im online so shouldn't be a problem for the players :) 

What about enabling it on EU2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

After a lengthy discussion with the I&A development team about the future and direction of EU2, we have decided that the re-introduction of Tanoa is not the direction we want to take, due to various issues and concerns that arised on it's initial release.

 

We thank everybody for their ideas contributed to this topic, and this is what we like to see, as ultimately the communities desires is the foundation of our development. 

 

Keep the ideas coming!

 

- I&A Dev Team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Kacper said:

As a Zeus i can disable that annoying fog whenever im online so shouldn't be a problem for the players

(The annoying fog isn't an issue as I&A doesn't allow for fog to build up anymore, this feature was already in before tanoa was scrapped)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I like Tanoa but the main isue I found with it was the layout, it does not work well with I&A. Malden works better for I&A as it is land locked.

 

If no pilot is online, or only one, then you can be waiting ages to get transported to one of the island AOs; those AOs can be rather cramped as well, meaning landing on the island might be nigh on impossible.

 

Boats are too slow, and landings can be impossible due to enemy fire.

 

Tanks etc become useless in these situation, as do most vehicles. At least on Altis you can drive anywhere, even if it takes a while.

 

I love the look and feel of Tanoa (Georgetown is so fun to have as an AO), but it's just a pain when it is an island AO, and once one of thse pops up the servers often just became deserted (night seemed to have the same effect on server population as well).

 

Maybe we just need a new sort of mission for Tanoa? (he says saying that this is an easy thing to just do 😂); I suggest a type of AWE with all those mods but without ACE 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, GhostDragon said:

Whats the issue with ace? :P

I don't like the convoluted medical system. I've said it before, even Shacktac uses the basic system.

 

I want TFAR I want mods, but I also want fun not having to remember to pack 3 of these, 4 of those, and 1 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

I don't like the convoluted medical system. I've said it before, even Shacktac uses the basic system.

 

I want TFAR I want mods, but I also want fun not having to remember to pack 3 of these, 4 of those, and 1 of them.

Packing and quick clot! The rest is for the medics! :)

Some of the best team play efforts you see are when some one has been shot, you've got people dragging you to safety, a medic coming in to administer first aid, the medivac is called in and you are transported to safety. Yes, the downed player is down and incapacitated, but it just gives so many people the chance to shine! I love the team play aspect even though I'm the one in need of aid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
31 minutes ago, Lindi said:

Some of the best team play efforts you see are when some one has been shot, you've got people dragging you to safety, a medic coming in to administer first aid, the medivac is called in and you are transported to safety. Yes, the downed player is down and incapacitated, but it just gives so many people the chance to shine! I love the team play aspect even though I'm the one in need of aid.

 

Heh,just a few days ago on EU1# this happend :

qg8sasqz.jpg

 

GuntherKlebezahn as medic treating myself,Satan brought the Hunter for cover and a 3rd guy (prop a german too) covering

no ACE involved haha

:YouDontSay-min:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Amentes said:

ACE does so much more than just Medical though :)

Indeed, it's the medical system is what puts me off, it's busy work (just my opinion of course).

 

4 hours ago, Lindi said:

Packing and quick clot! The rest is for the medics! :)

Some of the best team play efforts you see are when some one has been shot, you've got people dragging you to safety, a medic coming in to administer first aid, the medivac is called in and you are transported to safety. Yes, the downed player is down and incapacitated, but it just gives so many people the chance to shine! I love the team play aspect even though I'm the one in need of aid.

Or on EUI1/2 just grab a few FAKs (infantry) and dont worry, or if a medic FAK and Medikit and you are good.

 

I love the medivac part you described, the helping the downed soldier, providing cover, being that medic getting to the downed guy. But sorting through menus to pick the thing to heal the probelm is more of a medic simulator than I want, even when playing a medic. Just let the medic get to the guy, stabilise with a simple (sure add a timer for more drama) menu option then get him back to base for a full heal or to a medical truck or something.

 

We all have our levels of immersion we want, some love granular detail, some love wind factoring into bullet drop and gun sway etc, some want to know they need this bandage for that leg wound, some want to do military drills before a mission, and fair play to them. From what I can tell AWE does a nice job of hitting a good middle ground (I don't doubt my stubborness mean I'm missing out on some fun there as well 😖).

 

But for me I find certain things just a bit laborious, so I can grin and bear it and go for say AWE, or not and stay EU1/2 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, TheScar said:

 

Heh,just a few days ago on EU1# this happend :

 

 

GuntherKlebezahn as medic treating myself,Satan brought the Hunter for cover and a 3rd guy (prop a german too) covering

no ACE involved haha

:YouDontSay-min:

 

Exactly my point.

 

Yes I wish there was more squad cohesion on EU1/2 with a degree of Chain of Command, and I wish there were the mods for the cool guns etc, but its the actions of the players that make the moments, not the system used per se.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

hold your horses Soldiers ... there s a few hickups currently that must be consider´d when talking Tanoa map/rotation,as partly mentioned by Gamerbug before.

 

First off,the map wont be the issue,anyone having the APEX DLC will be able to play - its the mission that the server runs on that map being the main point to worry.

I+A 3.37_Tanoa must be updated,existing kinks and errors need to be looked at and fixed (boats,spawns,transport loadout,etc) then implement "new" DLC stuff ... you see where i m  coming from.

Once that is done you can evolve to a map rotation thinking (Tanoa-Stratis-Malden)

(Tanoa and Stratis need a updated mission file before,see above).

 

Then there s the issue with having a dedicated EU2# crowd keeping the server alive (play on it exclusive) to seed public attention and attract more regular players.

As its current loadout is between dead and 12 players max at best times ( out of 40 slots).

 

I´d luv to have EU2# attracting a regular crowd ... as i hate those pesky EU2 plebs settling over to EU1# where us cool kidz are,right 😍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, TheScar said:

(Tanoa-Stratis-Malden) (Tanoa and Stratis need a updated mission file before,see above).

Malden would need to be updated as well :)  It's not that far behind but it's behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

To be fair I was flippantly throwing out the rotation idea; I don't actually think it would work as it is too random. You need one map to determine viability and playability.

 

Wierdly the other night there was like 45 people on EU2, I was surprised but elected to join that server instead, had a lot of fun.

 

As I say Tanoa is a nice map, but it's just very iffy for I&A due to it's 'pop up AO' nature, if it had bridges to all islands you'd be set, but it doesn't.


So either we don't worry about Tanoa, just not right for AW, or we have a different mission on Tanoa (Wasteland, KotH, somethign completely different).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Tanoa had a regular crowd when the MOB was on the large airport on the center island, and with randomized instead of sequenced AO's. Not sure if that was still I&A 2, but things definitely started slipping once the MOB moved to the smaller island airfield southwest.

 

David once made a bridge connecting a few islands on Tanoa.

 

 

That would be a relatively easy fix for the mobility issue. To connect all the islands, you probably won't even need an hour to build 2 bridges to connect the main islands, and make it look something like this.

Tanoa_1024.thumb.png.d20ecde76da48b07e07765c0d9305b92.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
50 minutes ago, TheScar said:

I´d luv to have EU2# attracting a regular crowd ... as i hate those pesky EU2 plebs settling over to EU1# where us cool kidz are,right

 

have you not seen recent EU2 numbers? the servers been constantly filled since free weekend, even after it ended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
43 minutes ago, Eagle-Eye said:

Tanoa had a regular crowd when the MOB was on the large airport on the center island, and with randomized instead of sequenced AO's. Not sure if that was still I&A 2, but things definitely started slipping once the MOB moved to the smaller island airfield southwest.

 

David once made a bridge connecting a few islands on Tanoa.

 

 

That would be a relatively easy fix for the mobility issue. To connect all the islands, you probably won't even need an hour to build 2 bridges to connect the main islands, and make it look something like this.

 

 

I recall the bridge idea, it was a bit iffy looking but what stopped it being implemented?

 

Regardless those two bridges would solve the issues (also yes the central HQ was a lot better than the southern or northern ones).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/3/2018 at 4:05 PM, GamerbugUK said:

I recall the bridge idea, it was a bit iffy looking but what stopped it being implemented?

 

Regardless those two bridges would solve the issues (also yes the central HQ was a lot better than the southern or northern ones).

Why not have central spawn then teleport stations to the AO that HALO to a chosen point on the map? Is that bonkers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Mad Eye Moody said:

Why not have central spawn then teleport stations to the AO that HALO to a chosen point on the map? Is that bonkers?

HALO has been discussed several times; short version: it isn't going to be in I&A.  I do suggest searching for the actual discussions here on the forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Statistics

    8,677
    Total Topics
    56,489
    Total Posts
×