[How to] arma profile backup & restore

Stanhope

Here is a quick guide on how to create a backup for your arma profile and how to restore your profile from a backup.

1: Creating a backup

First you'll need to find the profile you want to back-up.  Typically your profile will be stored at one of the following 2 locations:

C:\Users\yourUser\Documents\Arma 3

C:\Users\yourUser\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\yourProfile

In those folders you'll find these files:
 image.png.4920bfce1a91a658f468799d771c9aaa.png 

Yours will not have Stanhope in them but your profile name.  Those 3 files contain all your profile settings/preferences/...  Copy paste those files into a seperate folder, preferably not in a profile folder, for example:
image.png.68d3f324c09f4c4cf276342c9d294b21.png

root, stan & Stanhope are 3 profiles I use, backup contains backups from those profiles.  

2: Recovering your profile from a back-up:
Locate where you saved those 3 files on your disk and copy paste them into your profile folder, overwriting any and all files with the same name.  These folders can be located in:
C:\Users\yourUser\Documents\Arma 3 (default profile)
C:\Users\yourUser\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\yourProfile (custom profiles)

3: As a little bonus:
If you want to copy a profile you can create a new one in arma and copy paste those 3 files into your new profile folder.  Rename them so they have the same nickname and you copy pasted your profile.  (There are a few other ways of doing this but this is how I do it.)

Questions, comments, suggestions, ... bellow.

PS: could someone move this to the guides section pretty please?

That’s excellent, thank you. Now another request: due to a cock up I need to totally delete armasync and re install it and then. Currently, and due to my thumb fisted efforts, when I try to start arma 3/AhoyWorld eu1 or 2 from armasync I get the message connection timed out. If I try and join directly from steam with no mods I can get onto the server. I need a totally fresh download. When I try to do that it just loads the old mods etc with the same joining result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

That’s excellent, thank you. Now another request: due to a cock up I need to totally delete armasync and re install it and then. Currently, and due to my thumb fisted efforts, when I try to start arma 3/AhoyWorld eu1 or 2 from armasync I get the message connection timed out. If I try and join directly from steam with no mods I can get onto the server. I need a totally fresh download. When I try to do that it just loads the old mods etc with the same joining result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Start off by trying to run ArmA through A3Sync, without using the A3Sync Join Server functionality.

Once ArmA runs, use Direct Connect with IP 144.76.82.169:2302 to join EU#1.

Arma 3 profiles and arma3sync profiles are not the same thing.  Your issue is with arma 3 sync, please ask your question in one of the topic I've linked above.  This for 2 reasons: 1 to keep this topic on topic and 2 people with similar issues as you won't look for the answer in the wrong place, they'll look in the right place, so one of the topics I've linked above.