Enhanced Soundscape Testing Operation

Update 01/03/2018: That test went well! looks like DynaSound is here to stay!

Next up, we are going to test out Enhanced Soundscape, This mod is more intensive than DynaSound, so i'd stress that potato's probably want to avoid this one.

If you want to try out Enhanced Soundscape, then follow the same installation instructions for DynaSound below, just use this mod instead:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26780

You can use the same arma3sync group, just drag it into the new modpack you made alongside dynasound2.

(Side note for people using steam workshop, you can use workshop to download your mods, but I Advise copying them out of the workshop folder so they don't update before the server has had a chance to update, leaving you unable to join)

Hi, Neighborhood transport pilot and steering committee member here.

We will be testing a new optional sound mod in today's Stiletto game night:

The Mod is optional, which means that it wont be in the Repo and you wont have to download it if you don't want to, for people who arn't interested in this sound mod you can continue as normal and nothing will be different for you.

If you are interested in using this sound mod however, here are some steps to install the mod:

Step 1: Download the mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29810 (scroll down to the bottom of this page and click download)

Step 2: Place the mod in your Arma 3 folder, next to all of your other mods (for people using the default steam install path, that's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3"

Step 3: Open up Arma 3 Sync, right click on your AhoyWorld Enhanced mod collection, and click Duplicate, you could call it for example: "AhoyWorld Enhanced With Sounds"
image.png.d1a3dcd25bcaf014d09038dfeba3e5fb.png

Step 4: Drag the mod "@DynaSound 2" from the left to the new mod pack you just made and you're done :), just launch Arma using this mod pack instead of the normal enhanced mod pack to play with the sound mod.

• GhostDragon changed the title to DynaSound2 Testing Operation

Please note, the way the mod works, you will probably experience reduced frames, as it adds an eventhandler on every gunshot, explosion and basically anything that produces a sound effect to alter the sound that's produced.

We have no control over this.  Your mileage may vary.

It should be noted that you can also download DynaSound off Steam Workshop. This will keep the mod up to date without the need to use Armaholic, something I'm sure other people can agree is not very good.

Once subscribed on your Steam Workshop, simply open Arma 3 Sync, click on the Steam Workshop folder on the left and drag the DynaSound mod into your AhoyWorld Enhanced folder. Done!

If we don't happen to stay with DynaSound, or you don't want it anymore, you can always delete it from your AhoyWorld Enhanced folder and not have to worry about it there. To completely get rid of it, unsubscribe on Workshop.

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone had issues with the sound mods everytime i try to add them even if i just try one or the other as well as both all i get is an error that i cant read quick enough before it disappears and then session lost and it takes me back to the server menu.  I have used the soundmods downloaed from the public repository as i cant find the ones from steam workshop that i also downloaded to try.  Anyone have any ideas?

edit:- if i take the soundmods out i can get on the server i just did a duplicate profile and dragged them across like it says above.

4 hours ago, BBFSGaming - BBCK said:

has anyone had issues with the sound mods everytime i try to add them even if i just try one or the other as well as both all i get is an error that i cant read quick enough before it disappears and then session lost and it takes me back to the server menu.  I have used the soundmods downloaed from the public repository as i cant find the ones from steam workshop that i also downloaded to try.  Anyone have any ideas?

edit:- if i take the soundmods out i can get on the server i just did a duplicate profile and dragged them across like it says above.

The public repo is horribly outdated, (blame ghost) you need to get the latest versions from either the armaholic link in the forum post or from steam workshop