Ryko

discussion AWE gear whitelist requests

If you are desperate for a certain piece of gear you feel has been unjustly denied from, or ridiculously allowed into the arsenal, reference it in this thread. Bonus points if you can give me the class name.

Just because you ask for something doesn't necessarily mean it will be added or removed, and it might not be immediately if your request is approved.

Don't put arsenal requests into the mod request or Stiletto feedback threads, thanks.

- R

21 hours ago, Ryko said:

ridiculously allowed into the arsenal

21 hours ago, Ryko said:

desperate for a certain piece of gear

• Please don´t add more stuff to the Arsenal! :( We already have more than enough with only RHS and don´t need more stuff so people can play dress up a bit better and to potentially f*ck up the balancing even more. Good gameplay doesn´t evolve because of a ton of gear.

Best regards

Noah :)

LIM-85 5.56 mm - LMG_03_F

ammo:

200Rnd_556x45_Box_F

200Rnd_556x45_Box_Red_F

200Rnd_556x45_Box_Tracer_F

200Rnd_556x45_Box_Tracer_Red_F

Obviously for ARs only.  I personally think this gun sounds and feels better than all of the alternatives the mods provide.

The RHS pilot helmets with the drawings on them. They add a bit of variety and are generally quite nice to have, I made a request for them which was accepted but i'm yet to see them. Apologies, I don't have the classnames!

The LIM 85 is a no because of ammo inconsistencies (we already have bad enough situations between the BAF stuff and RHS/Vanilla/SMA).

Show me where I agreed to whitelist the weird RHS helmets...

47 minutes ago, Ryko said:

Show me where I agreed to whitelist the weird RHS helmets...

This post was apparently approved, and it was agreed that the USA and Pink helmet should not be added but more rather the others, which I explained in detail and rather realistic, incredibly so in fact.

Suggested to remove:
"rhs_weap_asval_grip_npz", "rhs_weap_asval_npz", "rhs_weap_asval", "rhs_weap_asval_grip", "rhs_weap_vss", "rhs_weap_vss_grip"

At least from BLUFOR factions as it's an OPFOR gun but i'd argue to also remove it from all non support roles altogether.  This because it's a rifle that is intended to provide a very specific supporting role, one that infantry will almost never find themselves in.  And even if normal infantry find themselves in this role they have plenty of other tools for the job.

Suggested to add:
Give the rifleman LAT the NLAW ("UK3CB_BAF_NLAW_Launcher").  
The AT-4 weighs 6.69kg, can be ranged up to 400 meters and is a single shot disposable launcher.
The NLAW weighs 5.67kg, can lock on up to 400 meters and is a single shot launcher.

Right now the NLAW is a launcher for the rifleman AT but if he were to carry such a launcher he'd only have 1 shot and the team basically only has light AT.  

I'd even prefer the vanilla NLAW to be added ("launch_NLAW_F") because it now has the new firing mode allowing it to detonate above targets.

Whitelist the RHSAFRF "FFG-2" grip. It's an identical model to Western grip designs commonly seen on weapons PDW weapons like the MP7.

On 5/20/2018 at 6:54 AM, HybridRage said:

Whitelist the RHS M27 IAR for all bluefor roles since it is now becoming a standard issue service rifle of the Marine Corps infantry.

This is already the case.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:33 PM, J0hnson said:

Whitelist the RHSAFRF "FFG-2" grip. It's an identical model to Western grip designs commonly seen on weapons PDW weapons like the MP7.

Grips, suppressors and the like are not blacklisted, so if the FFG-2 isn't available for the MP7 it's because RHS wants its that way.

On 5/5/2018 at 3:39 AM, Stanhope said:

Suggested to remove:
"rhs_weap_asval_grip_npz", "rhs_weap_asval_npz", "rhs_weap_asval", "rhs_weap_asval_grip", "rhs_weap_vss", "rhs_weap_vss_grip"

At least from BLUFOR factions

It's not available for BLUFOR factions. It's available for OPFOR factions because it's a tool that a squad or team leader may choose to use for a specific plan.

On 5/5/2018 at 3:39 AM, Stanhope said:

The NLAW weighs 5.67kg, can lock on up to 400 meters and is a single shot launcher.

Lock-on weapons are the domain of the rifleman AT role.

2 hours ago, Ryko said:

Grips, suppressors and the like are not blacklisted, so if the FFG-2 isn't available for the MP7 it's because RHS wants its that way.

The FFG-2 is a Russian developed grip so that is probably why it is blacklisted or otherwise not showing up. I believe the Russian FFG-2 (which is identical in design to Western designs) is blacklisted because I don't get the action to use it on all weapons despite the fact it should be able to be used on most western weapons to the best of my knowledge.

@HybridRage the Intel op is limited to regular weapons, he's intended to use a low-drag kit like a pilot so he doesn't have access to full length assault weapons.

@Minipily if you can make it happen in the vanilla arsenal, let me know, but I can't say it any other way - I'm not blacklisting any grips, so sounds like an RHS problem to me

Whitelist the vanilla AK-12 for OPFOR so we can flaunt gear from a failed military upgrade programme that started seven years ago.

Some things that might need fixing.

-A bunch of pilot helmets and uniforms are not blacklisted for normal infantry.

-There is 1 CUP SCAR whitelisted(/not blacklisted).  I don't really care which scars we use but I'd prefer to stick to the ones from 1 mod.
-All radios, including the backpack ones, are available to everyone.

Whitelist su260 and su230 with RDS for autorifleman. The normal su230 is already available, but one with RDS is missing (the only difference is additional sight on top). Su260 is MDO with decent zoom, seeing how machinegunner stuff is available in AR role, I don't see why it would be blacklisted.

As for NLAW, it would be nice to add VANILLA NLAW ("launch_NLAW_F") for LAT. Ace changes how it works. It does NOT lock onto targets, but does have laser rangefinder. It's still a one-shot, dumbfire weapon and requires to use overfly attack mode to be effective against anything that has armor.

1 minute ago, JANXOL said:

Su260 is MDO with decent zoom, seeing how machinegunner stuff is available in AR role, I don't see why it would be blacklisted.

6x optics on LASERlike accurate guns with 200rounds like the M249 were OP AF while beeing nearly useless on other weapons like the M240 because of the the completely insane kick of said weapons (You would loose your target immediately).

On 2/14/2018 at 1:27 PM, Noah_Hero said:

I feel like it was a mistake to whitelist 6x scopes for ARs (https://forums.ahoyworld.net/topic/9167-blacklisting-request-blacklisting-the-trijicon-acog-ta648rmr-308-for-everyone-but-marksman-and-ar/) since it is way to easy to go on a 40kills+ killstreak within one AO when using them on a M249. Also the other ARs can´t effectively use them anyways since they kick too much and would just be better off using 4x. So it wouldn´t be a loss to these other ones and a wise balancing descision. And if you don´t trust my word then trust you own word since you didn´t wanted to invent them for ARs in the first place. The scopes I am talking about would be the "SU-260 (MDO" [rhsusf_acc_ACOG_MDO], the "Trijicon ACOG TA648RMR" [UK3CB_BAF_TA648] and the "Trijicon ACOG TA648RMR-308" [UK3CB_BAF_TA648_308].

4 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

6x optics on LASERlike accurate guns with 200rounds like the M249 were OP AF while beeing nearly useless on other weapons like the M240 because of the the completely insane kick of said weapons (You would loose your target immediately).

Fair enough. I retract that suggestion then, but still suggest the NLAW for LAT.

For russians, get rid of cup scopes and add rhs ones (pso-1 for example), RHS is always better quality so if there are duplciates, rhs one should be chosen (I am not aware of any isntances when cup has higher quality than rhs). Also, the cup scopes arent placed correctly on rhs guns and clip into it.20180920213322_1.thumb.jpg.901e1c49c19c979cc6939965c54c59e3.jpg20180920213340_1.thumb.jpg.f1228dce13d38f1887d7418921164b75.jpg

I'm well aware of the incompatibility between RHS & CUP scopes, but they're in there because to segregate them all out is a recipe for madness.