Sign in to follow this  
Johnson

denied [FEATURE] Naval Objectives

Any chance Stiletto could be given some more naval objectives? We could  certainly get a lot more use out of scuba gear, assault boats and naval aircraft if we had some tasks spawn in the ocean.

Some examples

1) Recover/destroy/ intel from shipwreck

2) Defuse sea-mines in location

3) Disarm underwater nuclear bomb that could potentially rupture tectonic plates, creating tsunamis hundreds of feet high, as well as new continent

Each of these missions could be met with  contact such as assault boats, amphibious vehicles, enemy divers, low flying helicopters etc etc

Any thoughts on this idea?

Apologies for the number of requests

Thanks

- J

contact such as assault boats, amphibious vehicles, enemy divers, low flying helicopters

Our experience on I&A is that water objectives sound fun in theory but are hell in practice. If you think AI driving is bad, wait until you see how enemies fail at driving boats.

I'd say this is best left to Zeus, who would need to micromanage everything.

8 hours ago, Ryko said:

Our experience on I&A is that water objectives sound fun in theory but are hell in practice. If you think AI driving is bad, wait until you see how enemies fail at driving boats.

I'd say this is best left to Zeus, who would need to micromanage everything.

No chance we could have Naval/Underwater AOs without AI? Just to give small teams something to do other than the classic shoot em up AOs? Underwater diving is still fun without having to blow up the world. And we could still have hostile air.

My main issue would be creating a side mission that (generally) no one wants to play, because there aren't enemies to shoot, or the enemies that are there to shoot are pathetic.  Again, perfect territory for a zeus to create such missions.

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

My main issue would be creating a side mission that (generally) no one wants to play, because there aren't enemies to shoot, or the enemies that are there to shoot are pathetic.  Again, perfect territory for a zeus to create such missions.

Fair enough, would you say it's worth polling for or shall we leave it down to you?