help with setting up invade and annex please

Tyl3r99

Hello,

i would like to kindly ask permission to TRY and set up a custom invade and annex for our PRIVATE SERVER.

(if yes)

i would like to use the mission generator and cleanup but im confused how to go about it?

i have privately unpacked the 3.1 altis file into editor but want to take some things out just leaving the markers etc for mission generation. 

thanks in advance

tyler  

I don't think we have a problem with you hosting I&A on a private server but i'll leave that to someone higher up the food chain to answer.  

Are you talking about I&A 3.3.1 or I&A 3.1.x?

For the mission generator and cleanup, in initserver.sqf you can find the following lines of code::
mainObjScript = [] execVM "Missions\Main\Main_Machine.sqf";                // Main Aos
prioObjScript = [] execVM "Missions\Priority\MissionControl.sqf";        // Priority Missions
sideObjScript = [] execVM "Missions\Side\MissionControl.sqf";            // Side Missions
execVM "scripts\misc\cleanup.sqf";                                        // cleanup

The first 3 start the main AOs, priority missions and side objectives respectively, the last line starts the cleanup script. You can find those scripts in the paths you see in those commands.   

If you've got any more questions feel free to ask.

thank you im using https://forums.ahoyworld.net/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1865
Invade_&_Annex3_1.Altis.pbo

so would i be able to keep the markers on the map etc and remove all the other scripts vice versa? 

im not toooooo experianced in this field but have some people who know a few things as we have our own private server.

basically would like the mission generator so we can use it for random operations. 

we use RHS and ACE also with some other clientside mods.

thank you

2 minutes ago, Tyl3r99 said:

I suggest you hop on EU1 and download the latest version from there.  You can find the file here after you joined the server:
C:\Users\yourUser\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

3 minutes ago, Tyl3r99 said:

so would i be able to keep the markers on the map etc and remove all the other scripts vice versa? 

Why if i may ask? Most of those script serve a purpose and they are all kinda tied into each other.  It's not going to be easy to remove certain ones.

4 minutes ago, Tyl3r99 said:

basically would like the mission generator so we can use it for random operations

You know the AOs spawn sequential right?  The next AO will always spawn near the previous one not someone random.

aprechiate the help! we would be happy keeping everything if it had to be! 

just would like to maybe use our RHS units instead of vanilla.

for example we use ACE3 and use the advanced medical system, ive noticed there is a revive script is there a way to disable this without breaking anything or is it something we might have to put up with?

thanks guys!

For the RHS units, check the fn_mainAOSpawnhandler.sqf (functions/AI/) and the side missions spawn scripts in functions/units.  On top of that look through all the scripts in the missions folder.  And you might also want to change some of the reward vehicles, spawned in by the script in functions/vehicle/fn_smsuccesshint.sqf.

For ace, i know the revive script in I&A does some kind of check for ACE medical, i don't know exactly what it does when it notices ace is around tho.  I suggest testing it :)  
Taking the revive script out isn't gonna be easy as for example the TK script uses that.  It's pretty tied into the other scripts in general.

yeah i noticed haha i aprechiate the support man thanks 

might just have to do vanilla for a bit!

when we load it on server however (untouched), the missions wont load. 

is this because theres mods activated? 

i want to stress again this is a locked server from the public :) 

Some people have reported that commenting out this line in initServer.sqf allows the mission to run locally:

#include "\arma3_readme.txt";

Just change it to this:

//#include "\arma3_readme.txt";

Could you launch the mission again and after doing that copy paste the rpt in here?  

You can find the .rpt in this location: C:\Users\yourUser\AppData\Local\Arma 3
Simply sort on last modified and a file with a name along the lines of: arma3_x64_date_time.rpt should be on top.  

== C:\TCAFiles\Users\DeanH1\32408\arma3server.exe
== "C:\TCAFiles\Users\DeanH1\32408\arma3server.exe" -ip=193.111.184.8 -port=2312 -profiles=arma3 -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma3\arma3.cfg -autoInit   -mod=  -name= -nologs  -serverMod=

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2017/12/13 18:03:13
Current time:  2018/01/09 16:46:13

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.80.143869

Allocator: C:\TCAFiles\Users\DeanH1\32408\Dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]
PhysMem: 96 GiB, VirtMem : 4.0 GiB, AvailPhys : 42 GiB, AvailVirt : 3.9 GiB, AvailPage : 32 GiB
=====================================================================

16:46:13 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!

okay do i need to tell the server to read the sqf files in the mission file or should it do it anyway? Also does it need any mods for it to run aswell? if not ill explain the steps i have done and maby i have done something wrong.

Thank you for your time btw really appreciate it  

Well the server does need to know which mission file to read.  How you tell it that depends on how you launch your server.  I don't have a lot of experience with hosting server, i just manage to get my own test server running from time to time using TADST.  

It doesn't need any mods no but @Tyl3r99 said you guys wanted to use it with ace and RHS, if the mission has been saved and packed into a PBO by someone with those 2 mods active the server will have issues reading the mission file.

Yeah i would like to add the mods the unit uses in time, for now just concentrating on getting it working on the server. I understand that the scripts should load into the server since they are in the mission file so and since the earplug script ect all work when you load into the server, so just unsure why its having the issue that the main one is not. 

*Update*

So i have tested it in editor to make sure it all works and its fine only error i had was something todo with a arma3readme.txt so its a server issue for sure.

19 minutes ago, DizzydAshot said:

So i have tested it in editor to make sure it all works and its fine only error i had was something todo with a arma3readme.txt so its a server issue for sure

Scroll up in what's said in here, that's already been addressed.  Short: either change the contents of the readme to something else or remove the include for it.

2 hours ago, DizzydAshot said:

== C:\TCAFiles\Users\DeanH1\32408\arma3server.exe

== "C:\TCAFiles\Users\DeanH1\32408\arma3server.exe" -ip=193.111.184.8 -port=2312 -profiles=arma3 -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma3\arma3.cfg -autoInit   -mod=  -name= -nologs  -serverMod=

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server

Exe timestamp: 2017/12/13 18:03:13

Current time:  2018/01/09 16:46:13

Type: Public

Build: Stable

Version: 1.80.143869

Allocator: C:\TCAFiles\Users\DeanH1\32408\Dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll [2017.0.0.0] [2017.0.0.0]

PhysMem: 96 GiB, VirtMem : 4.0 GiB, AvailPhys : 42 GiB, AvailVirt : 3.9 GiB, AvailPage : 32 GiB

=====================================================================

16:46:13 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features won't be accessible!

dizz, do it again with -nologs removed bud as its stops making error reports