Hi Guys!

Flintenfritz

Hello everyone,

my name is Flintenfritz, im 32 and from Germany. I played a bit on the AW servers and it was such a good atmosphere and teamwork, it convinced me to get back into Arma. Im a long time arma player and Arma games are best when they are near the end of their development. So i stopped after the switch from Arma2 to 3 somewhere in 2014. With a bit of dusting of i think i can play every role in the game and have fun while doing so. I can do medic, at , mg, driver, gunner, pilot, with a bit of time Arty, mortar, UAV, squadlead and radio. Im mostly interested in the eu3 server with full blown mods, radio and a commandstucture. But without getting full milsim (i dont want to learn a unreasenable amount of ranks for example) but im fine with training or preparing a role before an Event.

Yeah enough talking. Hope we have an awesome time on the Battlefield!

Flinte over and out!

Hello @Flintenfritz,

nice to welcome another german to AhoyWorld!

Since you said that you are interested in EU3 (wich is by now "renamed" to AhoyWorld Enhanced or short AWE) I can provide you with a few links to allow you for a smooth start! :)

Also don´t worry AWE isn´t milsim. The idea is that Arma is a game and also should be played as such but obviously in an organized way that heavily focuses on teamplay. So yes there is time for joking around a bit, etc but keep in mind that you should play as serious as possible while beeing as casual as needed to keep it fun.:)

And by the way: NEVER say "Over and Out"!:lol: Since when you say "over" you expect and answer from the other person but when you say "out" you don´t expect an answer and just want to make clear that this communication has ended for now. So when you are saying "over and out" you are actually saying that you want an answer from the other person while also saying that you don´t want an answer since you are saying that the conversation has ended.:lol:;)

Best regards

Noah:)

Thanks Xwatt looking forward to play with u guys too.

And thanks a bunch for the links Noah. I will start digging into it right now.

I was once with I think an Irish milsim Platoon as a guest and they had over for end of message and out for end of transmission. But now im not sure if they said over and out or just out at the end :lol:. My radio skills really need some refreshment :rolleyes:. But if u get the hang of it I think Acre or TFAR bring the most emersion u can get in a single mod besides ACE.

25 minutes ago, Flintenfritz said:

over for end of message and out for end of transmission

That is correct! you use over to indicate that your message has finished and the other person can reply and out to indicate that the transmission/conversation has ended. But by saying that your transmission/conversation has ended (=out) you are also implying that your message is finished aswell. So this part of over is already covered by out.:) But I am pretty sure they never used the phrase "over and out" if they were milsim! ;)

My radio skills really need some refreshment

Can be found in the Basic Introduction - guide together with an example-conversation. (This one is very good for getting started);):)

Another very good guide on that can also be found in the MSO-subforum (more milsim-ish than AWE). This one also features example-conversations but also includes the so called Prowords: https://forums.ahoyworld.net/topic/9050-sop-radio-protocols-and-conduct/ (This one is definitly not mandatory for the beginning on AWE but very nice if you aim for the leadership-roles since they come hand in hand with a lot of radio-comms.):)

But if u get the hang of it I think Acre or TFAR bring the most emersion u can get in a single mod besides ACE.

Definitly! Here at AWE we are using TFAR for multiple reasons.:)

And if you need any more assistence with mods, etc then just find me on TS or send me a message, etc. Tomorrow I will definitly be on TS again. :)

Thanks GamerBug,

just finished the first testrun on the AWE server was awesome, but man im really a bit rusty. Was a bit overwhelmed by the amount ACE has changed since arma 2. But I think as soon as the keybindings become second nature again, I can be an effective teammate. Everyone was super helpful. Thanks to the guys, was a lot of fun.