[AWE][GAMENIGHT]OP Winter Blues on 05/01/2018 at 19:30 UTC

Karate Pyjamas

Event Date: 01/05/2018

Event Time: 19:30 UTC

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OP+Winter+Blues&iso=20180105T1930&p1=1440&ah=1&am=30

Mission Name: OP Winter Blues

Brief Summary: Santa has delivered all his presents to the good boys and girls. However, a distress signal was sent out once he got back home. Apparently, he was followed by those who do not share the Christmass spirit and want to use his flying sleigh technology for their own good. We've tracked the distress signal to the island of Malden, perhaps this is where Santa lives and where his toy workshop is built.

We need to rescue Santa and all his elves, we then need to secure his workshop. The flying sleigh technology has been captured already, so all we can do for now it make sure it isn't turned against Santa. We've made contact with Russia who have a FOB nearby. Russia agrees on how dangerous such technology can be. They've loaned us three amphibious landing craft and three mobile AA guns, which we can position around Santa's workshop. RUSFOR themselves will not engage in any combat unless provoked, so do not bother them any more than we already do.

Mission Objectives:
1a. Insert SpecOps via HALO parachute to clear out the harbor.
1b. The rest is to rendevouz at the RUSFOR FOB, they are waiting for us.
2. Secure Le Port Harbor.
3. Infiltrate Santa's workshop, rescue all hostages and secure the island.
4. Await further orders.

This mission will use your own loadouts and regular Stiletto assets are available.

Cover Image: stiletto.jpg.36a072b86c2556f8772113296fc2c37c.jpg

Player slots: 40 BLUFOR

Expected Mission Length: 90 minutes

Mods required: AWE Modset

Server slots: 40

Santa doesnt live on Malden. He lives in Lapland as we all know, where there is actually snow. Also, to clarify, if RUSFOR get provoked, do they turn hostile? (AA assets and units etc)

4 hours ago, Noah_Hero said:

this should probably be :

1a. ...

1b. ...

But count me in for that :)

Will there be a signup for the slots or just first come, first serve?:huh::)

It was never there :o

I've enabled and disabled certain squads from the start. I'm not going to run sign-ups. Everyone is free to pick their own gear, I do request people slotting up in a decent manner.

3 hours ago, McKillen said:

Santa doesnt live on Malden. He lives in Lapland as we all know, where there is actually snow. Also, to clarify, if RUSFOR get provoked, do they turn hostile? (AA assets and units etc)

Maybe.

20 minutes ago, BloodInTheSand said:

Had to leave early, but what I experienced was fantastic. The early spec ops stuff with @Teddy, @Jorgensen73, @SiegeSix & @Eagle-Eye was excellent fun, some of the most fun I've had in a game night in a long time.

It was the most fun in very long while.

Too bad it had to end with Alpha opening fire and exposing us to the gunshots.

13 hours ago, BloodInTheSand said:

Had to leave early, but what I experienced was fantastic. The early spec ops stuff with @Teddy, @Jorgensen73, @SiegeSix & @Eagle-Eye was excellent fun, some of the most fun I've had in a game night in a long time.

I totally agree. Loved the Mission and especially our Team Vangard.. Lots of fun. More like this please :-)

16 hours ago, Amentes said:

Sorry, fell asleep on a couch :)

I'll remember that for next time... >:)

15 hours ago, BloodInTheSand said:

15 hours ago, SiegeSix said:

It was the most fun in very long while.

Too bad it had to end with Alpha opening fire and exposing us to the gunshots.

2 hours ago, Jorgensen73 said:

I totally agree. Loved the Mission and especially our Team Vangard.. Lots of fun. More like this please :-)

Good to hear!

Good game, it was really fun...
 But I have 2 things in mind:

- The russians landing craft are really unstable (in the water and out of the water) 1E50ED7BA4C17B73A5EA65F74E028B9583DCAE53

I think we can try to find real landing craft (even WWII are better than those rolling craft ;)  (that will be my quest for this week...)

- did we really need those trucks on the island?

And I'm sure that we left half of the hostages on the island BTW...

Why enemy jet came onto the island? someone entered the no fly zone above russian's airfield or what?