Ideas \o/

these feel too small to put in feature requests, and are probably all bad so I'mma post them here first.

• Make the default faction random, so we play something other than usmc..
  • add the FIRS (fast roping) system to all the unarmed helicopters (dunno if possible, but would be neato, main example is the Huey and black hawk)
  • Put the "medical bandages appropriate usage" table in the briefing map menu thing, maybe not the image to save on file size, but just what bandage for what wound (and maybe even reopen times/ chances etc)
  • put a vehicle spawner on the carriers, so that instead of having to set up logi people can just airlift vech's (and maybe drive the amphibious ones)
  • make it so that you can disable the default squads, so that people who want to set up custom alphas etc can just disable the default and make a new one without editing the default one.
  • do we have any planes smaller than the c130? for transport / paradroping (like for example the plane we use for a c130 spawn when playing as russia), so that it could fit on the carrier
  • Add the ability to change the time on the whiteboard for squad leads, and if possible the ability to change the factions / hash the mission? (might be too abusable, but would be super useful for when no admins are online)

let me know if you like any of these ideas / have any of your own / questions :D

It's a neat idea and I like it, though I think it's easier to combine this with your last idea (change factions at the whiteboard)

• add the FIRS (fast roping) system to all the unarmed helicopters (dunno if possible, but would be neato, main example is the Huey and black hawk)

It's dependent on the helicopter - some have the FRIES points enabled, some don't - ie., all the Russian helicopters can't fast rope.

• Put the "medical bandages appropriate usage" table in the briefing map menu thing, maybe not the image to save on file size, but just what bandage for what wound (and maybe even reopen times/ chances etc)

It's a good idea. Can I ask someone to come up with the appropriate text and I'll add it to the default briefing notes?

• put a vehicle spawner on the carriers, so that instead of having to set up logi people can just airlift vech's (and maybe drive the amphibious ones)

Ripe for abuse and griefing, but not a bad idea at all.

• make it so that you can disable the default squads, so that people who want to set up custom alphas etc can just disable the default and make a new one without editing the default one.

This whole system deserves a review at some point, and I'll review that, but the ability to create custom squads was always intended to be used solely by a Platoon Commander.

• do we have any planes smaller than the c130? for transport / paradroping (like for example the plane we use for a c130 spawn when playing as russia), so that it could fit on the carrier

To answer the question - nope. And even if you took the C130 or a smaller plane like an AN-2 off the carrier, you'd never be able to land it there again.

• Add the ability to change the time on the whiteboard for squad leads, and if possible the ability to change the factions / hash the mission? (might be too abusable, but would be super useful for when no admins are online)

Time change is already there in mission management. Hashing the mission is not currently there but I believe the last update allowed whoever's in command to abort missions... although I think it just replaces the mission rather than advancing the mission number, so this won't end up hashing the mission.  Not sure I want it there, the ideal solution is that we actually implement the #voteMission command with a 99% vote requirement.

For changing the factions, that's possible, though I think I'd want to set a 10-minute time limit so that you don't constantly switch factions during the mission. As well I'd need to build in some exception handling so you don't arrive in situations where you are Opfor fighting Opfor.

5 minutes ago, Ryko said:

It's a good idea. Can I ask someone to come up with the appropriate text and I'll add it to the default briefing notes?

Will do. It's not the easiest topic to summarise for all possible cases, but an excerpt from a Rifleman's Handbook-style thing I can do.

As well I'd need to build in some exception handling so you don't arrive in situations where you are Opfor fighting Opfor.

Might that be worth just changing the current parameter for? Instead of choosing a specific faction as we do now at mission start, only let us pick between BLUFOR and OPFOR and transfer the faction thing to the whiteboard, with a random default faction. Changing to Russians while on a US carrier seems odd anyway...

7 minutes ago, Ryko said:

It's a neat idea and I like it, though I think it's easier to combine this with your last idea (change factions at the whiteboard)

I would still like to see a different default-faction...I don´t mind any specific one but preferably just any faction that actually get´s used by people. For example make it RHS US Army or RHS USMC again since their gear is actually used by players whereas you are basically the only one who uses the current MNP "USMC" gear.:):lol:

yeah, if we could change via whiteboard then this wouldn't really be needed.

It's dependent on the helicopter - some have the FRIES points enabled, some don't - ie., all the Russian helicopters can't fast rope.

yeah, its just we cant use the ace pylon menu on unarmed helicopters, so even though the unarmed Huey and Blackhawk support it, currently we need a zeus to do it.

*stares at skull*

Ripe for abuse and griefing, but not a bad idea at all.

I mean it would have the rank restrictions of a normal spawnpoint, but yeah..

This whole system deserves a review at some point, and I'll review that, but the ability to create custom squads was always intended to be used solely by a Platoon Commander.

\o/

To answer the question - nope. And even if you took the C130 or a smaller plane like an AN-2 off the carrier, you'd never be able to land it there again.

:( (COUGH MAYBE THEN WE COULD GET THE BLACKFISH COUGH <3)

Time change is already there in mission management. Hashing the mission is not currently there but I believe the last update allowed whoever's in command to abort missions... although I think it just replaces the mission rather than advancing the mission number, so this won't end up hashing the mission.  Not sure I want it there, the ideal solution is that we actually implement the #voteMission command with a 99% vote requirement.

vote mission would solve this problem

For changing the factions, that's possible, though I think I'd want to set a 10-minute time limit so that you don't constantly switch factions during the mission. As well I'd need to build in some exception handling so you don't arrive in situations where you are Opfor fighting Opfor.

yeah it would need some restriction

On 12.12.2017 at 4:10 PM, Ryko said:

I believe they can. I believe kasatka and mi-8 without door gunners can do that. That's the RHS kasatka on the picture.

20160726125740_1.jpg

Well I don't want to argue as I'm not certain myself. The Mi-24 almost definitely cannot fast rope. I think theres one variant of mi-8 that can. It has a singular rope coming out of the side door (hence it mustn't have a gunner). Again I'm not certain, my memory might be playing tricks on me.