We are interested in recruiting video editors to assist us with providing content for our YouTube channel and other social media profiles. We are looking at all types of videos such as tutorials, highlights, funny moments, full gamenight recordings and occasional promotional trailer material for our services.

Below are the rules for video editors:

1. You must submit a previous project of yours to demonstrate your ability (submitting this does not give us permission to use it in any other way).
  2. You must have a google email address for our shared workspace (we use google drive).
  3. Must have forum membership for at least 1 (one) month.

As a video editor you will be doing a lot of uploading and downloading, for this reason we strongly advise you ensure you have a fast internet connection and you aren't subjected to any traffic limits.

To apply, please fill out this application form.

If your application is accepted you will be invited to join the Google Drive system and invited to join the AhoyWorld Video Editors and Contributors forum club. You will also receive a video editors TeamSpeak recognition tag.

I´m thinking since a while to put up a video of my gameplay,about my hunt for the ultimate side reward on Invade & Annex.

It shall tell a story,i got the lineup,i know how it shall go down,i got the perfect music track in mind ...

Thing is,i lack any video evidence yet and the last time i used FRAPS was back in the early 2000´s and i m not even speaking of my video editing capabilitys ( 0,0% ),

so i m asking for any advice on how to :

• comfortably record ARMA3 gameplay
  • cut and edit clips (parts,add screenshot to clip,etc.)
  • add music
  • generel advice

Go easy on me there,it may be 90% done in my head,but i really would like to get this off my bucket list before i die ... NO,not soon,in case you hoped you salty little ...

Anyway - looking forward to get some startup help!

Yes,i m looking at you  @GamerbugUK

For recording I would say OBS studio all the way.

It works, its not a resource hog, you can play in one resolution and record in another if you wish, it allows multiple channel recording (Mic, Game Sound, Teamspeak etc) is easy to use and is FREE

For editing I use Sony Vegas, others would say Adobe Premiere Pro but I've never used it myself. There are free options out there but I've never used them. Learning curve for editing is much higher.

Adding music is as simple as dragging the file into your editor; however if you use copyrighted material, expect to have your video monetised by the owners (with ads).

General advice is:

• Use youtube tutorials for OBS studio setup,
  • Regardless of your monitor, record in 1080p to start as files are smaller (with OBS you can play in higher res and record in lower)
  • Use youtube tutorials your chosen video editor,
  • Stay away from copywright stuff - find royalty free music,
  • Expect to record a lot of footage in games like Arma where action isn't constant, I scraped out about 20 mins of footage when I recorded 3 hours
  • Quickly find and chop off the boring bits, so the project loads faster in subsequent edits
  • Save your editing project often
  • Keep the original file until you are 100% happy with the final version
  • Footage for sessions you forget to record will be more exciting than those sessions you do 🙄

14 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

For recording I would say OBS studio all the way.

Started using NVIDIAshadowplay - is it similar in useability ?

Gonna check out OBS

14 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

For editing I use Sony Vegas

600$ for the pro version is out of my budget,unless i stop drinking,smoking,get another way better paid job and rely on cheaper hookers.

I assume the free version will have some cutbacks like time/length limitation or watermarks in the video,right?

Just reading about the possibilities and options of Vegas cuts down my motivation.

Looks like its not gonna be a minutes thing to setup what i want ... 🤪

Appreciate the tips,Bug 👍

13 hours ago, Xwatt said:

i'm expecting a commentary too

you know with commentary this would get NC-17 rated

🤫

10 hours ago, TheScar said:

Started using NVIDIAshadowplay - is it similar in useability ?

Gonna check out OBS

Shadowplay is fine. I just struggled with it and Vegas as it seems to do a variable bit rate and parts of my videos would go out of sync. Shadowplay also allows split channels now I think.

10 hours ago, TheScar said:

600$ for the pro version is out of my budget,unless i stop drinking,smoking,get another way better paid job and rely on cheaper hookers.

Yes $600 is stupidly expensive, out of my price range as well - and that's all I will say about that. Unfortunately its a bit more than a minute to set up thing yes.

11 hours ago, TheScar said:

Appreciate the tips,Bug 👍

You're welcome