[AWE][GAMENIGHT] Operation Frying Pan on 08/12/2017 at 3pm EST / 8pm GMT

Ryko

Event Date: 12/08/2017

Event Time: 3pm EST / 8pm GMT
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OP+Frying+Pan&iso=20171208T20&ah=2

Mission Name: Operation Frying Pan

Brief Summary: Map: Lythium

Background:
In the ongoing conflict between US SOCOM units and the Taliban in the region, SOCOM has made a tactical agreement with one of those factions for a single operation - the Hezb-i-Islami cell. An important US Asset has been captured by a Taliban cell, and it is imperative that this asset be freed to continue their intelligence gathering function.

Mission:
Three players will be members of the Hezb-i-Islami faction, who will infiltrate a Taliban stronghold under the pretense of being repair workers who will work on damaged vehicles within the stronghold. US SOCOM Recon units will monitor and support the Hezb-i-Islami team. After the HiI team has successfully infiltrated the stronghold, a SOCOM force will conduct a raid on a nearby Mosque known to house Taliban units: it is anticipated that this action will draw away a quick response team from the stronghold to defend the Mosque, leaving the stronghold vulnerable: the HiI team, supported by the SOCOM recon team if necessary, will locate and liberate the US Asset from where he's being held prisoner, and escape.

SOCOM Mainforce units attacking the Mosque should engage only so long as is necessary to provide a cover for the actual objective: all efforts must be taken to
1) keep US losses of personnel and equipment to an absolute minimum
2) keep injury to civilian population and structures to an absolute minimum.

Additional objectives may follow as the situation unfolds.

Cover Image:
large_fry.jpg.67822e2706abea011dbec03fae

Player slots: 30

Expected Mission Length: 90-120min

Mods required: Standard AWE

Server slots: 30

On 03/12/2017 at 12:33 PM, Snogers Kowalski said:

I dont know either... Is it hip now?

It's in the form, I think it may have been fixed now.

On 04/12/2017 at 9:01 AM, Walk'N said:

Seems nice...

Why scenario are now on friday evening?
I wont be able to play with you but next week I will...

MSO is running on saturdays now pushing most events to either friday or sunday.

Ryko's poor time conversion led me to put the correct time in the Event Time Announcer https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OP+Frying+Pan&iso=20171208T20&ah=2 and the event on the forums but I forgot to change the thread title and the description. 

So FYI, the correct time is 8pm UK time, but really, just look at this and fill in your own town: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OP+Frying+Pan&iso=20171208T20&ah=2

• David changed the title to [AWE][GAMENIGHT] Operation Frying Pan on 08/12/2017 at 3pm EST / 8pm GMT