Bornholm discussion thread

Bornholm discussion thread  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to keep or remove bornholm from the modpack?

• Keep
    • Remove

I really like the map but to be perfectly honest we can have plenty of fun on the maps we already have, should we use them in the right way.

For example, you would expect Stratis (the first A3 map) to be pretty dun and dusted, but it is still one of the most enjoyable maps to play on Stiletto due to the many possibilities and unscripted differences between AO.

Most recently, setting up FOBs has been amazing on Stratis. The other day we set up a FOB at Kamino only after neutralisinig about five Ruski squads. We then used that to expand into the rest of the map, completing multiple foot patrols in the area making sure there was no threat of IEDs. Sure enough, there were multiple IEDs that were dealt with to then allow us to use Logi as humvee transport. All of this on a map that is years old. (Loved playing on 0.24 too, without cTabs and relying on radios, grids, competence and even using ACE DAGRs was just brilliant)

I would love to see more use of Altis in this same way. But to keep topical, I'm gunna vote against keeping it. It is a great map but we need extra frames more than we need extra maps.

21 minutes ago, J0hnson said:

Most recently, setting up FOBs has been amazing on Stratis. The other day we set up a FOB at Kamino only after neutralisinig about five Ruski squads. We then used that to expand into the rest of the map, completing multiple foot patrols in the area making sure there was no threat of IEDs. Sure enough, there were multiple IEDs that were dealt with to then allow us to use Logi as humvee transport. All of this on a map that is years old. (Loved playing on 0.24 too, without cTabs and relying on radios, grids, competence and even using ACE DAGRs was just brilliant)

Thank you for *not* noticing my subtle Zeusing to enhance it, seems like I did a good job then :)

13 hours ago, J0hnson said:

(Loved playing on 0.24 too, without cTabs and relying on radios, grids, competence and even using ACE DAGRs was just brilliant)

Sadly that was only because cTAB was removed from the modpack and the new version is broken, but who are we to judge someone if they need a cTAB to not shoot a friendly 200m away?

But yeah Stratis is brilliant and I don't think we really need Bornholm, it's just a large mod with less value than it's weight I believe.

• 1 month later...