AWE and its future

Guest Bartlett

Guest Bartlett

Right.... As I can see for myself and hear from current players/admins who can add their name to this if they like, they are all currently saying/worrying about Ahoyworld going under, I'm hearing quite a few similarities in what everyone is saying, so I'm gonna babble on a bit and hope you can make sense of this

I will start by pointing out the common problems then add my ideas....

1, Group a vs group b..... us and them..... this is everyone everywhere. There is bickering within the community, there's bickering between groups a & b of eu3 members which @Minipily has already pointed out. Then there's bickering between moderators i.e. public moderators (group A) vs eu3 Moderators (Group B ) and then you have another group core vs moderators and this is all due to poor communications, AW really does need a good kick up the ass.... 

2, Bitching, Backbiting and general Jeremy Kyle show entertainment.... we ALL have the random bitch/rage/rant..... but more care needs to be put into who you are doing it to and how private it actually is (that means everyone)... and for members to find out about Moderators insulting/degrading other members of the community its not private enough for the community to find out which is really not on..... the other thing is bitching with each other on telegram..... really not doing well when @Stanhope and another admin are having it out and a core staff tells you to back off (not sure who started it, but it happened!!!).... assume every post is public!!!

3, sorted by rank

Core Staff..... yep you guys..... listen to the god damn team below you as they represent you..... if they pass something up they are doing it for good reason.... if you don't act on it ALEAST get back in touch with them and give them a good explanation on why you cant deal with it, if not you are effectively building barriers creating an us and them scenario.

Moderators..... yes you got a big 'M' next to your name and for some of you it makes you think you can be a class 'Muppet' (respectfully :)) when it comes to being the rule police.... remember you wasn't always an admin please treat us how you want to be treated...... I'm not sure if  @Ryko is going to do/say anything in regards to recent unplanned meetings in TeamSpeak in regards to excessive ban hammering/ kicking over things that you could look a lil deeper into to find out it wasn't actually malicious intent..... 

Members.... less on the bitching..... if you are then make sure its privately with someone you know well (goes for everyone really) everyone is entitled to get triggered at some point and have a mad rage over jack all (I for 1 can put my hand up and say I have had a rage over jack all, its healthy to get it off your chest but just be careful).... make sure its not heard by everyone else and if it does come out and its made a big deal of then come forward and be the bigger person and explain you were raging over nothing and if you wanna then apologize :) 

4, rules.... we all know they are there to benefit us.... specially when you get people that abuse the system, (putting my hands up here) I myself have abused the system.... I also report what I can abuse to make admins aware ... just like the backpack on chest @Ryko :P 

but.... I think the rules need a review, and put them to a vote.... not just admin and core but to the community!!!!! we should have our say. Can you not create a post on rules with a for and against and reasons why???? (this idea is Ramsay's kitchen nightmare.... know your market) we the community/ general eu1 players are the market and we are coming back simply because you are selling good shit!!!!

5, member size slowly dwindling.... yes its a community not a job to everyone but advertising is key ..... nobody advertised eu3 to me I stumbled on ahoy when miss clicking another I&A and I myself being an ARMA scrub asked what the other TS channels were for, nobody pays attention to the eu1 in game advertising me personally cant see the billboard properly as it just appears blocky.... I went on eu1 a week or 2 ago, and I think it may have been @PiranhA that did a private Zeus mission I took part in with a few guys.... trying to make sure the people in my Zeus squad had mics.... I also did drop the hint and explain what I see on eu3 to try and entice people to at least have a look at it. maybe if we the eu3 players did that more along with Spartans assisting could help a lot by winning the public over into coming onto eu3.... also there was a suggestion made by I think @GhostDragon, about doing eu1 game nights and someone else about the carrot and the stick.... my thoughts on that are rather than throw money at it use what arma gave us ..... we all know that it would be great to be torch or vortex on eu3 .... why not on eu1 on game nights but lock it to members as in Zeus/Spartan only gives assets to members exclusively to the eu3 members, lets face it if I joined a new vanilla server .... saw it was a game night but there was only certain people getting this stuff id think to myself .... how do I get my hands on that.... spark the question.... drop links ..... get them talking then get them joining in..... within a few weeks we would have tons of new eu3 players that get the 'perks' on eu1 game nights, (win win scenario)

in order to boost the communities population we gotta advertise it and for that you need to hit the right market (yes I know its a community but it still applies) best way of advertising is with the 'customers' that you have (eu1/2) I think the most effective way would be word of mouth.... it always has been.... and an increase in members means a possibility in increase in donators which benefits AW's survival financially....

that's just my thought and feedback is welcome (+memes on topic if they are funny :) )

6 minutes ago, Bartlett said:

1, Group a vs group b ... due to poor communications

We are implementing measures to improve communications. Yes we will have regularly scheduled meetings but we are also looking into doing something which will ensure that the players' voices are directly heard.

Moderators insulting/degrading other members of the community its not private enough

People are still people, yes it's fine to assume we can hold staff to a higher standard. At the end of the day we can say anything, it comes down to how a player is treated on the server, and in that regard, I don't think you can point to many examples where deliberate prejudice has boiled over into sanctions. It is also a two-way street, if you expect staff not to talk about you, then players shouldn't also be talking in the same fashion about staff.

Core Staff..... yep you guys..... listen to the god damn team below you as they represent you..... if they pass something up they are doing it for good reason.... if you don't act on it ALEAST get back in touch with them and give them a good explanation on why you cant deal with it, if not you are effectively building barriers creating an us and them scenario.

I don't know where this perception has come from that CS is ignoring the items being brought up to us, frankly, it don't think it could be further from the truth. If any staff passes something to us, it is always evaluated and discussed. Sometimes it is acted upon. Sometimes it is not. Everything is evaluated in accordance with Ahoyworld's community guidelines, and what is fair and reasonable to do on the server.

If you have a specific example where you think something was passed on to us and we did not act on it, I would encourage you to share it.

Moderators ... when it comes to being the rule police.... remember you wasn't always an admin please treat us how you want to be treated...... I'm not sure if  @Ryko is going to do/say anything in regards to recent unplanned meetings in TeamSpeak in regards to excessive ban hammering/ kicking over things that you could look a lil deeper into to find out it wasn't actually malicious intent..... 

The job of the moderator is to enforce the rules. On AWE, there exists the opportunity to delve into why a player broke a rule. But ultimately, that's what a moderator's job is. We go back and forth when it comes to rules enforcement, one moment we're not being stern enough, now it seems we're being too stern. Ultimately, if we have rules and they're not being enforced, then why do we have rules at all?

I think the rules need a review, and put them to a vote..

The rules weren't created in a vacuum, they evolved over time. I didn't sit down and carve out stone tablets one day that had everything there. They were created because a player did something, and everyone thought it was off side. If you think there is a rule that shouldn't be there, you have every right to bring it up to staff, on the forums, in person, and say "I think that's too strict." and we can discuss it. @Colsta has been spearheading a review of the rules with an eye to simplification, and likely we will move the specific scenario rules (ie., CAS needs authorization) to a forum post for discussion / reference because ultimately that's just a specification from "follow the chain of command".

The rules do change. We used to have a rule about the A-10 firing its cannon (don't do it) because it lagged the heck out of the server. Arma's engine got fixed, the server stopped getting lagged, so we removed the rule.

member size slowly dwindling

It's true, it's a factor. However it's also worth noting that players' tastes change as new games come out. When PUBG came out, I'd say about 20% of our player base started playing that and more or less didn't come back.  No amount of advertising is going to absolutely bring them back.

However, we can appeal to new players who are looking for a new place to play. This was the project for the Outreach team, which has been more or less in a constant state of flux and hasn't really pulled off what I hoped they could do.  My hope is there will eventually be enough momentum to pursue this goal (there's a post on reddit which is an example of what we're trying to achieve, thanks @GhostDragon!)

- R

Guest Bartlett

@Ryko

I'm not to sure on how to cut quotes down so ill try a different way

core staff...... @Copey and @Teddy both had issues that didn't get resolved and as a consequence AW lost them

member size.... I get that people come and go..... I'm talking about the people that are coming and you have your own vanilla server to 'farm' from..... I just don't see people coming as much as the potential that could if 'we' as a community actually did something about it,

rules review..... its all fine and dandy doing your review behind closed doors.... but I still believe that whatever you finish off with need to be put to a vote .... after all this is a community and in the spirit of communication putting them for a vote and getting the feedback gives both the community a chance to be heard and a chance for you to listen.... which also falls down to your first point for people to be heard... could this be a measure ???

moderators insulting/degrading other members..... as I said further in everyone does it is the privacy that's an issue.... its easy to be a sly fucker and go and tell them what's been said so make sure you know the person well enough and keep it under lock and key

Edited by Bartlett
i forgot to quote

34 minutes ago, Bartlett said:

really not doing well when @Stanhope and another admin are having it out and a core staff tells you to back off (not sure who started it, but it happened!!!)

I have no clue what you're talking about.  I never had it off with anyone in telegram to a point where CS had to tell me to back off.  

On the forums maybe yea, anyone can check that, it's public nothing has been hidden.  But never ever on telegram.  Whoever told you this told you a twisted version of the truth.  

36 minutes ago, Bartlett said:

What?  I mean what?  When did this happen?  I've been asking CS multiple things over the course of several months now.  ALL of my requests got some kind of feedback.  Again whoever fed you this was telling a twisted version of reality or oversimplifying or assuming that just because he couldn't get something done nobody could.

And there is no us and them scenario between CS and moderators that i'm aware of.  There just isn't.

43 minutes ago, Bartlett said:

nobody pays attention to the eu1 in game advertising me personally cant see the billboard properly as it just appears blocky....

That's up to your personal graphic settings, nothing anyone but you can do about that.

Now for the rest of that point about 'farming' players from EU1.  

EU1 is a very very casual server.  If you want to go on and kill a lot of AI on your own, by all means do.  If you want to make a convoy with 5 of your buddies, by all means do.  If you and your buddies want to play all tactical, by all means do.  

It is not specifically there to attract people to AWE.  And AW doesn't fully revolve around AWE.  Yes you guys are the most vocal group.  But that doesn't make you the biggest group.  There are at least 20-30 regulars for EU1.  They just aren't as vocal on the forum or in TS, they talk ingame.

50 minutes ago, Bartlett said:

why not on eu1 on game nights but lock it to members as in Zeus/Spartan only gives assets to members exclusively to the eu3 members, lets face it if I joined a new vanilla server .... saw it was a game night but there was only certain people getting this stuff id think to myself .... how do I get my hands on that.... spark the question.... drop links ..... get them talking then get them joining in..... within a few weeks we would have tons of new eu3 players that get the 'perks' on eu1 game nights, (win win scenario)

Alternative scenario: you see that certain people are being thrown favours you go to another server where that doesn't do that.  EU1 dies down in a matter of days.  

Another thing: several of the regulars on EU1 are well aware of the existence of AWE and chose not to join.  Others have tried it out and returned to EU1 because they didn't like it.  This scenario would force these people away.  

No giving people from AWE special priviliges on EU1 is not something i will be a part of.  You want us to treat you fairly.  Then i cannot treat you any differently than any player on EU1 and thus not give you any more priviliges than anyone from EU1.   And i even think that it could be against arma 3s EULA.  

59 minutes ago, Bartlett said:

4, rules....

Which ones are you talking about?  The ones for AWE, the ones for I&A, the rules of ahoyworld, ...?  Now i know which ones you're talking about.  Just don't forget that AW is more than AWE.

12 minutes ago, Bartlett said:

core staff...... @Copey and @Teddy both had issues that didn't get resolved

Respectfully 2 members out of a (back when they were on the team) 21 people team does not make for a split between admins and core staff.  A select number of individuals not being able to get issues resolved does not mean there is a split between CS and admins.  

All of this, just my 2 cents.

38 minutes ago, Bartlett said:

@Copey and @Teddy both had issues that didn't get resolved and as a consequence AW lost them

The issues were resolved, just not the way they would have perhaps preferred, which ran counter to aw's guiding principles. AW lost Copey because he elected to leave. Teddy is still a spartan by his choice, and did not decide to remain on the public team, also by his choice. 

Guest Bartlett

@Stanhope 

rules ..... for both servers as there was a discussion where @Ryko was present where people raised their issues... the voting however would be one the eu3 servers as the people there are more 'regular' than eu1

eu1 farming...... there's new people everyday..... when @PiranhA zeused the mission I did with eu1 players I counted 3 new players, 1 being brand new not even sure on what keys to press so it is possible to recruit newbies if you so tried

you and another having it out .... more specifically 1 admin kicked off with you which ended up in an argument which core did step in approx. 1 month ago

2 out of 21..... i've heard other admins have the same issue but they have seen the response they got so why talk to a brick wall???

since your an eu1 admin and play eu3 too and @Ghostdragon has already made an attempt/ suggestion on how to be proactive and listening to the public talking about insentive whats you r suggestion then?

just some minor thougts without any takin side by me :

First off,AhoyWorld isnt defined by "some" individials - its more of a general thougt about being a part of a community that offers YOU a place to enjoy,witness and strenghten the community spirit by doing what you enjoy in the first place ... playing a video game with similar minded people.

Remember,thats the basic thing that unites us all.

Like in real life,you always run into people you like more and people you like less.

The thing is dealing with that while keeping the main goal your lead you strive for - having fun with like minded people.

That sometimes means to swallow some,talk some and if you find no solution by this ... moving on.

Remember,AhoyWorld isnt defined by feelings and personel grudges and nothing in this World should trigger such.

But,as we all humans we always will stumble over such minor issues and its on us to overcome these issues on a regular base.

Summa sumarum,

dont get fooled by the topic title - there is a future for AhoyWorld and its not looking as badly as the past topics may suggest.

For example,i just looked up the community i started my MP domination with back in the 1990s - and surprise,surprise (not really for me) its still rocking:

Bravery Honor Courage

*salutes*

i even still know some of those guys listed there,back in those days we played Medal of Honor (the proceedor of CoD *shruggs*) and see they evolved and kept the theme and spirit the same as in my 90s days!

Take that as a example where the road is going for AhoyWorld

So far,back to work

tumblr_nwqd9jWRck1uorz8zo2_500.gif

Heads up,gents - its not the end (yet)

7 hours ago, Bartlett said:

the voting however would be one the eu3 servers as the people there are more 'regular' than eu1

That is not true.  It simply isn't, we've got people on EU1 that have been around waaaaay longer than the average AWE regular.  EU1 has several people i see on every single day and have seen them on for as long as i can remember.  

you and another having it out .... more specifically 1 admin kicked off with you which ended up in an argument which core did step in approx. 1 month ago

Nope still doesn't ring any bells.  The only argument i can remember is one in I&A dev and we were talking about something brand new with a whole bunch of guys.  The intervention that happend there was by the guy making that new thing, he also happens to be CS.  And the thing he said was to write it down on the forum so none of it got lost. 
If you want me to remember you'll have to come up with some more specifics.

2 out of 21..... i've heard other admins have the same issue but they have seen the response they got so why talk to a brick wall?

It sounds like you're talking from personal experience.  But that can't be the case. I also don't completely understand what you're saying.  Is it that not all of their requests get approved?  I mean of the major things i ask only about 50% gets an actual green light.  The remaining things either get denied or postponed.  And i have no problem with that.  For the minor stuff like updating the admin application to the public mod application, that took a while but it wasn't urgent whatsoever.  I continued doing other things in the meantime.  
If you mean to say that every single thing they requested got shot down then i don't believe you.  Well i maybe do if they were to constantly request insane things.  But i'm guessing that that isn't the case, so we're back to me not believing that every single request got shot down.

since your an eu1 admin and play eu3 too and @Ghostdragon has already made an attempt/ suggestion on how to be proactive and listening to the public talking about insentive whats you r suggestion then?

There is a very good reason i've never tried to get into outreach and wasn't invited.  I suck at advertising and all that other stuff they do.  I leave it up to them because it's what they are good at.  I have not the slightest bit of inspiration when it comes to those kinds of things.  And if i were to have ideas i'll relay them to the outreach team directly.  I don't see the point in me putting that in this kind of topic.

Also what scar said:

46 minutes ago, TheScar said:

there is a future for AhoyWorld and its not looking as badly as the past topics may suggest.

People keep saying AW is dying, are we talking about AW or AWE? Because they are not the same thing.

I see EU1 full all the time, occasionally less so during the week, so much so I cannot get online on those occasions I want to hop on (fair enough as well).

If this is aboue AWE, shouldn't this be in the AWE forum as this seems to be where all this hubub is kicking off from, and by the sounds of it those who do not play there are better off for it.

I've never played AWE, have a great time on AW public servers and plug the community/servers wherever I can, nor have I ever seen the level of issues you all seem to have, so I guess staying on the fringes has it's benefits.

4 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

shouldn't this be in the AWE forum as this seems to be where all this hubub is kicking off from

I´d rather say that all this pointless whining happening here (and there: https://forums.ahoyworld.net/topic/9096-an-open-letter-of-the-problems-within-ahoyworld/) shouldn´t be at the forums at all since I really don´t see any other problem then that some people just seem to have the desire to complain about things:lol:<_<

All I'm seeing here is people blindly rushing to AhoyWorlds defence (which is fine, you have the right to do that) BUT, will you take a step back and look at the issues presented? They are real issues, people have left because of them, old-school players and new ones alike. The fact that a couple of Admins stepped down due to these should've been ringing Alarm bells straight away, same with a lot of the players that have been here for a long time.

There needs to be less arguing and more fixing. All that will come of this is that AW will become a better place, bet that sounds suddenly more appealing. 

And Noah, if you have nothing constructive to say, don't say it, you're just adding to the problem.

26 minutes ago, Teddy said:

Noah, if you have nothing constructive to say, don't say it

Of course my post wasn´t constructive. Why should it be? You guys weren´t either since you just complained instead of giving solutions, you guys equipped yourself with insulting Avatars and you guys even shared an unlisted YouTube-video that compares AW to 1933 to 1945 germany and active as well as former Admins/CS with leaders of said regime. I am sorry but you I can´t see where that was constructive from you guys since in my opinion in the end it was nothing more than a violation of the core rules of AW and especially of the probably most important one:

1.1.1. AhoyWorld is a welcoming community that respects its members and visitors. We expect everyone to maintain this environment ...

But if you want me to talk with you about the problems you guys seem to see you shall have my opinion:

• For example when it comes to Stanhope: He is warning, kicking, banning and reporting people. Where is the problem? An admin is just the police of a server and therefore he is just doing his job. Or would you want the police irl to not be strict?
  • Your other main-point was CS: well there might be bad/miss-communication but does that really matters? It´s not their job to interact with the playerbase. They just have to make the key descisions, make sure that the servers are running and point out the general direction they want to steer the community to.

Edit: Just a suggestion: better get your guys to delete said video

21 minutes ago, Teddy said:

All I'm seeing here is people blindly rushing to AhoyWorlds defence (which is fine, you have the right to do that) BUT, will you take a step back and look at the issues presented? They are real issues, people have left because of them, old-school players and new ones alike. The fact that a couple of Admins stepped down due to these should've been ringing Alarm bells straight away, same with a lot of the players that have been here for a long time.

There needs to be less arguing and more fixing. All that will come of this is that AW will become a better place, bet that sounds suddenly more appealing. 

And Noah, if you have nothing constructive to say, don't say it, you're just adding to the problem.

Look, despite me having talked to you, Copey and Stanhope while part of this was going on, hearing things from both sides of this, I still don't have a fucking clue what the bloody hell the damn problem is.

I'm sorry, but in these threads, the problems simply aren't laid out in a manner that people who haven't been part of the argument from the inside can understand.

As it is, all I've seen is complaints about lack of communication that people who aren't in the Admin staff won't be able to recognize, and shit thrown at Stanhope that, again, I personally can't recognise and which resembles more of a flat-out attack on the way out the door than it does anything constructive.

I've known you for a long time. I've known Copey for a long time. Some of the shit I see right now, like the ship-sinking meme, I simply can't believe I'm actually seeing, whether it's merited or not. When I hear Numbnuts making jokes comparing Stanhope to Hitler; and I hear people from your camp laugh at that; that's fucking low. I didn't expect low from any of you.

I've tried talking to some of you about this. I've messaged Copey several times trying to get his explanation for this. So far, I've heard nothing back about it. It's fucking disappointing; especially when AhoyWorld has been in similar situations before, all of which were handled amicably and without making a public shit-show.

I've suggested to all of you that you sit down together. I've offered to sit in a chat with the three of you and moderate you into a civil talk about this shit.

Seems that wasn't an option. Why, I don't know.

22 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

Of course my post wasn´t constructive. Why should it be? You guys weren´t either since you just complained instead of giving solutions, you guys equipped yourself with insulting Avatars and you guys even shared an unlisted YouTube-video that compares AW to 1933 to 1945 germany and active as well as former Admins/CS with leaders of said regime. I am sorry but you I can´t see where that was constructive from you guys since in my opinion in the end it was nothing more than a violation of the core rules of AW and especially of the probably most important one

11 minutes ago, Amentes said:

I've known you for a long time. I've known Copey for a long time. Some of the shit I see right now, like the ship-sinking meme, I simply can't believe I'm actually seeing, whether it's merited or not. When I hear Numbnuts making jokes comparing Stanhope to Hitler; and I hear people from your camp laugh at that; that's fucking low. I didn't expect low from any of you.

I'm not apart of any of that shit, and I don't condone any of that shit. I haven't posted a single insulting avatar/meme/YouTube video, But you know what, damage is done, apparently I'm now apart of them.

I'm done with trying, fuck all is going to happen from this as usual, I'm the one trying to get some sort of change going and I'm basically getting a "Fuck you" for bringing up these points.

Guest Bartlett
20 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:
24 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

But if you want me to talk with you about the problems you guys seem to see you shall have my opinion:

• For example when it comes to Stanhope: He is warning, kicking, banning and reporting people. Where is the problem? An admin is just the police of a server and therefore he is just doing his job. Or would you want the police irl to not be strict?

The police IRL actually use their brain cells and investigate thoroughly (attest in the UK as it's the CPS crown prosecution service that have to prosecute) 

And as for comparing AW to Germany during the war.... I'm actually sat on the fence here seeing the issues and then the blunt lies from admins denying what's happened what I'm seeing is u

your more like north Korea.... secluded from everyone else talking utter shit..... this post is for productivity not lying your way out and not bothering with solutions!!!!

1 minute ago, Teddy said:

I'm not apart of any of that shit, and I don't condone any of that shit. I haven't posted a single insulting avatar/meme/YouTube video, But you know what, damage is done, apparently I'm now apart of them.

I'm done with trying, fuck all is going to happen from this as usual, I'm the one trying to get some sort of change going and I'm basically getting a "Fuck you" for bringing up these points.

So make it clear, like you're trying to do right now, that you aren't a part of that?

Whatever the intent, you made a thread wherein you talked about a series of problems, and you aimed it at the community at large. The community at large doesn't understand those problems because the community at large isn't subjected to them the way Admins might be.

In this thread, you also chose to flame Stanhope. Warranted or not, you asked for constructive discussion in a thread you started by flaming another player / admin. Do you see the problem?

I want to believe that you have the best intentions. I hope that you do. But so far, that's not what you've made it look like, and for someone that doesn't know you, you won't get the benefit of the doubt.

5 minutes ago, Teddy said:

fuck all is going to happen from this as usual, I'm the one trying to get some sort of change going

As mentioned by a few people, perhaps lay out what you think those changes should be, instead of just naming what you see as problems. There are a lot of assumptions going on here. 

Guest Bartlett
4 minutes ago, Amentes said:

So make it clear, like you're trying to do right now, that you aren't a part of that?

Whatever the intent, you made a thread wherein you talked about a series of problems, and you aimed it at the community at large. The community at large doesn't understand those problems because the community at large isn't subjected to them the way Admins might be.

Read up there are 2 sides to the argument and AW is blatantly ignoring this 

Guest Bartlett
3 minutes ago, Ryko said:

As mentioned by a few people, perhaps lay out what you think those changes should be, instead of just naming what you see as problems. There are a lot of assumptions going on here. 

Pretty sure the main post points this but the AW dictatorship won't listen

Now this topic says AW and its future, that's fair enough to say but I'm not giving a hell about AW I mean the EU1 players are going to be none the wiser about this its like what 50-60 people on at a time. (Don't give me an exact number) 

Its EU3(AWE) that all of you should be worried about. Most of the old player (Best players) have left AND NO ONE HAS A FUCKING CLUE WHY THEY ARE LEAVING? Argh.. 

1 hour ago, Noah_Hero said:

I´d rather say that all this pointless whining happening here

I'd fucking stab you.. POINTLESS? HOW. Like I just said Most of the player who have been here for a while are leaving. Its not "Pointless" we tired doing something AND DON'T ANYONE SAY WE DIDN'T FUCKING TRY. But like I say to a good friend of mine about this. "We can scream and shout as much as we want. Nothing is going to fucking change."

35 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

1.1.1. AhoyWorld is a welcoming community that respects its members and visitors. We expect everyone to maintain this environment ...

Well that's a faded out rule. AW is a fucking awesome a community well. Was a awesome community (I'm talking about the EU3/AWE side here) 

7 minutes ago, Amentes said:

Do you see the problem?

About flaming someone No. Of course not IF MOST ADMINS ARE POINTING AT ONE GUY WHAT DOSE THAT TELL YOU? ARE YOU BLIND? Wait. I forgot. Both you and Noah only see Rules. That's all you see isn't it? 

At the end of the day to make things easier for AW in general. I would start thinking about changing EU3 ASAP or pains me to say this: Take the fucker down and start from scratch. Now if you wanna quote every single fucking thing I just said please be my guest. 

8 minutes ago, Shadow Knight said:

I would start thinking about changing EU3 ASAP

Let me be absolutely clear, then. The change I got asked to make was to remove Stanhope, or in some way essentially stop him from being able to play on the server.  Unless you want to enumerate other issues that were never brought to my attention (like the infamous meeting recorded by GB, where the points were never summarized and sent), that is what I refused to do. Did I sit by and do nothing? No, I spoke directly to the people involved, regarding the actions involved. People committed to make changes in their personal play styles. Was it enough for some people? I guess not.

Shadow Knight, if you filed player reports because you thought you saw a rule being violated, I wouldn't ban you, either.

Let me put it out there again: I'm all for change. We've changed things big and small over the years. EU3 is a shade of its former self. But unless people start laying out exactly what they want changed, instead of just saying "things have got to change" without laying out some detail, then I'm at a loss.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Knight said:

Both you and Noah only see Rules. That's all you see isn't it? 

I believe that the rules should be followed.

If players are unhappy with the rules, then Admins and CS should discuss changes, and decide which, if any, are warranted.

If the rules get changed into something I don't personally like, then I'd know to find somewhere else. I'd quietly exit and that'd be it.

How is that an unfair expectation?

-

I've been where you are before, and you know that.

On the 30th of October, I wrote the following to Ryko amidst a discussion relating to the removal of FSG, a change I did not agree with:

"Truth be told, if it wasn't bloody hard to find a similar community with active week-day play, I'd probably have been gone at one point looking back."

"At this point, personally, I'm here because I can't find something better that isn't weekends-only."

Many of you are well aware that I've rage-quit the attempted training process four times in my time here.

I've taken breaks, been gone for a month or two, because I was raging hard at people not wearing helmets in combat, or deciding to lug an M240B with 1800 rounds into combat.

And I've done it quietly, without making a shit-show.

10 minutes ago, Shadow Knight said:

AND NO ONE HAS A FUCKING CLUE WHY THEY ARE LEAVING? Argh.. 

Let's take a step back here and assume we don't.

So far, we've been given mixed signals by a multitude of people we couldn't even begin to separate into camps, philosophies or wants and needs. It's all a blur, but fucking swearing the shit out of the situation is decidedly not going to help.

Evidently Teddy wants to be regarded as separate from the pot-stirring, excrement-flinging parties. That's fine, there's one. Who else will own up to wanting to change things and actually give us something to work with?

I want a list. Bullet points. No quoting, no name-calling, no pointing fingers unless it's conducive to your argument.

The glory days of old will remain glorious, but there's no chance of them returning if all you do is reminisce and whinge about how they're gone.