What are the little things that annoy you?

Not sure if this is just my experience when I've been logging in but it feels like the bias between FOB Marathon & Last stand generally favours Marathon. Understandably Marathon is generally better positioned for the majority of AO's due to the lack of a western base otherwise.

Would be nice to see more of last stand

7 hours ago, Geb said:

It seems that pilots will form their own group called "vortex" instead of alpha 4-4. It may be a good idea to call the squad vortex from the beginning.

It is (i think),  but arma will be arma.  Squads for players have a tendency to rename themselves back to the default.

7 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

It is (i think),  but arma will be arma.  Squads for players have a tendency to rename themselves back to the default.

Is it amusing or scarry that a mil-sim make things on his own?  ;)

8 hours ago, Tales said:

Not sure if this is just my experience when I've been logging in but it feels like the bias between FOB Marathon & Last stand generally favours Marathon. Understandably Marathon is generally better positioned for the majority of AO's due to the lack of a western base otherwise.

Would be nice to see more of last stand

I'll see if i can increase the chances of the AOs going to the NWern part of altis a bit.  

1 hour ago, Geb said:

Is it amusing or scarry that a mil-sim make things on his own?  ;)

Annoying mostly, sometimes amusing :)

16 hours ago, Geb said:

It seems that pilots will form their own group called "vortex" instead of alpha 4-4. It may be a good idea to call the squad vortex from the beginning.

This!

I'm also going to say, making TS mandatory for pilots might not be a bad thing. I know it's against the spirit of EU1, but it would make communication way better and also maybe slightly improve the quality of pilots. Probably also warrants its own discussion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A little thing that annoys me: UAV autopilot lands on the Almyra salt flats when there is no base there and it has been commanded to land N of Selakano.

A little thing that annoys Jet pilots: UAV park on runway 22-R at FOB Guardian when autopilot landing there. Could it taxi to a separate taxiway and line up there instead and prevent collisions with Jets landing (or taking off - don't remember the "rule")?

Thanks for a great map.

RG Sneaker

Edited by Sneaker
Runway rules

6 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

A little thing that annoys me: UAV autopilot lands on the Almyra salt flats when there is no base there and it has been commanded to land N of Selakano.

A little thing that annoys Jet pilots: UAV park on runway 22-R at FOB Guardian when autopilot landing there. Could it taxi to a separate taxiway and line up there instead and prevent collisions with Jets landing (or taking off - don't remember the "rule")?

As far as I know we can't control that.  It's up to bohemia to fix that.

7 minutes ago, Sneaker said:

Thanks for a great map.

RG Sneaker

AFAIK that's more or less hardcoded and isn't something that can be changed by a mission-maker.

Easy solution, don't use auto-land ;)

Really though, the auto-land feature can be a recipe for disaster, given that it doesn't concern itself with other aircraft occupying the runway, FOD or runway incursions.

According to @ansin11, the one and only, there is no feasible MP solution for your problems @Sneaker (because landAt is for AI only).

Now as Wulf already told you, telling BIS about issues referencing I & A specific location markers (FOB Guardian? Where is that supposed to be?) is absolutely... I'll stick to the expression 'pointless', the other ones that cross my mind seem rather offending. Since this problem has probably been there since the first alpha builds, the community poked BIS about it multiple times, but this is pretty low on their TODO list - it's easy to circumvent for AI and, well, everything else is player controlled, and players can land themselves...

A: Do you agree (setting all expletives aside), that SOMEBODY wrote the landAt function ( AI autopilot scripts for the UAV)?

B: Can you acknowledge that it is feasible that this person is still alive?

C: Would you mind if I try to find him? I'm not hurting anybody.

Syntax:
plane landAt id
Parameters:
plane: Object
id: Number (airport index)

It doesn't matter where on the map you call landAt, the fixed-wing asset it is being used on will land at the runway specified by the id parameter. Even if the AI behaviour code (which is not written in SQF as far as I know) or the UAV Terminal code references landAt, it appareantly just defaults to either id 0 or 5 (Altis). Since we do not have access to that AI behaviour code or the UAV Terminal code, we can't do anything about that; that's is why this is an issue only BIS can address.

Then again it's also not unlikely that the AI doesn't even make use of landAt (because you actually give it a waypoint - that waypoint could be faulty as well, in which case, again, we can't do anything). I don't know that. I just mentioned landAt because the issue is known and can SQF-wise be avoided using landAt, at least where landAt can be used. It's probably implementable for MP, but - using SQF - not as a UAV Terminal feature.