What are the little things that annoy you?

21 minutes ago, Tales said:

FOB Military currently spawns the AAF Gorgon in the Hanger, consideration for a NATO APC (IFV 6c Panther)

Well it spawns a NATO gorgon, it has full nato camo.  And the gorgon is an IFV, not an APC, and the panther is an APC not an IFV as the name might suggest.  It also trades speed for those tracks.  It'd indeed get used when the AOs are close to it, but most likely not for troop transport.  More for one guy who's looking for a ride.  

24 minutes ago, Tales said:

Bobcat recovery vehicle in the hanger instead?

The problem with this is that it'd also enable pilots to insta rearm refuel and repair their jets and attack helos.  It's also a painstakingly slow vehicle.  It'd only get used by pilots and when the AO is very close to base.

5 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

Well it spawns a NATO gorgon, it has full nato camo.  And the gorgon is an IFV, not an APC, and the panther is an APC not an IFV as the name might suggest.  It also trades speed for those tracks.  It'd indeed get used when the AOs are close to it, but most likely not for troop transport.  More for one guy who's looking for a ride.  

The problem with this is that it'd also enable pilots to insta rearm refuel and repair their jets and attack helos.  It's also a painstakingly slow vehicle.  It'd only get used by pilots and when the AO is very close to base.

Indeed my mistake; I just fired up the editor to take a closer look and realised it does rearm aswell. I might have to keep a lookout for it next time it spawns on reward because of that feature! Mixing up the IFV & APC bit is amusing though my bad :lol:

21 hours ago, PiranhA said:

1- Analysis: Rotors get stuck again after repairs, it gives 2 options for solution: A-Moving the helicopter or B-removing the object preventing rotors to get back.

2A- Driving gently (!true love, affection, passion!) with (prefer a small) vehicle against the helicopter to move it away. If there's a object preventing you from doing so, go point 2B.

2B- Blow up what is preventing the helicopter to take off or object as mentioned in 2A. Destruction of the helicopter in the proces is not a option!

3- Get it repaired and fly away.

So we get clearance to blow up buildings at the base? :hmmm-min:

To 2A, I saw broken choppers lying on the sand bags *g*

With not a lot player online the chance of a mechanic is quiet low. I was able to "rescue" some helicopter and its fun to organize it like you describe it, but some time, scrashing into it is sadly the only option.

Point is, you atleast do a attempt to get it saved. Giving engineers a role of some importance. Its still a game with sometimes a admin needed so i agree on that, but again @Geb giving a try to make a solution yourself can be fun and satisfying sometimes even hilarious.

PS: Getting offtopic here.

I tried to push a heli away from a building yesterday and was making thing even more worse.

I was able to "gentle" push a Humming away from sandbags and even towards the repair pad.

But it didn't repaired itself and I had to get a Mechanic, refuel it and lift of a few cm in order to get it back to live (and was told to give it to another pilot because he's the better pilot *lol*).

1 hour ago, Geb said:

I was able to "gentle" push a Humming away from sandbags and even towards the repair pad.

But it didn't repaired itself and I had to get a Mechanic, refuel it and lift of a few cm in order to get it back to live (and was told to give it to another pilot because he's the better pilot *lol*).

Repair pad's script isn't enough to bring the condition to 100%. I normally will bring HEMTT Repair for the auto-repair mechanics by BI.

5 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

Repair pad's script isn't enough to bring the condition to 100%. I normally will bring HEMTT Repair for the auto-repair mechanics by BI.

It didn't repair at all, I had to made a small hopp to get it work (because I wasn't in the chopper?)

On 23.10.2017 at 3:21 PM, ansin11 said:

Ghost Hawk rules.

Yesterday, after the server reset, 4 of 5 pilots trying to catch the hummingbird ;-)

By the way, it spawned in a green skin, as i yump into the seat, it kicked me out, changed itself to the normal gray-pattern skin and after hopping in again, kicked me out again and an other pilot won the race to the pilot seat.

When the server just boots up a lot of the scripts are still initializing.  Because of this unexpected things are expected to happen.  I'd say just wait until the server has been up for a minute or 2 but i guess in a race that's not possible :).

On 10/22/2017 at 2:38 PM, Stanhope said:
On 10/22/2017 at 2:26 PM, GrandBravo said:

[] spawn {

{

while{(player distance _x) => "distance value"}do{

sleep "time value";

if{player distance _x >= "distance"}then{

deleteVehicle _x;

};

};

}foreach _reward;

};

This is indeed more like it, but doesn't really do what i want it to do. 

distanceValue = 5;
timeValue = 120;

[_reward] spawn {
{
_delVeh = this select 0;
if (isMultiplayer) then {_u = playableUnits;} else {_u = switchableUnits;};
while{!((_u distance _delVeh) => distanceValue) && ((_delVeh distance "respawn_west") < distanceValue)}do{
            sleep timeValue;
            if(((_u distance _delVeh) => distanceValue) && ((_delVeh distance "respawn_west") > distanceValue))then{
                deleteVehicle _x;
            };
};
    }foreach _delVeh;
};

Here you go, courtesy and kind regards of BACONMOP

Right, little update: i'm still planning on doing/fixing most of the things that were mentioned/suggested here.  But real life has caught up and will be keeping me rather busy until the end of next week.  After that i'll have a few days with nothing planned and will try, again no promises, to get most of this fixed/implemented/...

Little update on this:
I've found some time here and there to do some scripting and fixed some of the mentioned issues.

Side missions will now spawn at at least 2 km from any FOB and base instead of the previous 1 km.
I've looked at the AOs and removed those i thought were rather close to FOBs or significantly overlap.  If anyone has a main AO name that he thinks is too close to a FOB or overlaps with other AOs significantly let me know and i'll have a look into it.

I've also (hopefully) fixed the service pad not repairing wheels.  (And made it look a bit prettier.)

I've also done some minor tweaks to several things that'll just make I&A look a bit prettier.  Like giving the spawn points at FOBs the names of the FOBs.  And replacing some hints with better looking title thingies.  

Oh and i've written some code that'll allow pilots to despawn damaged helis in base and FOBs.

And i'm still not making any promises and i cannot say when the next version of I&A is coming out :).

Stan

its way to late into the nigh .. daaaayyyy ... early morning 20..sevenzeroninefourthreetwonxtmonth so i just drop some early sketches i found on that other not pr0nside i got in my favourites ...

ValveTime.jpg

Spoiler

soon-wolf-with-sheep.jpg

and as for the emotions ...

Spoiler

31QaUAo.gif

image.png

now back to the codec barracks you  ... worthfull and competent min .. student genius i ment.

Exaclty !

Lonley soldiers randomly appear in the spawnpoint, after some uptime. I think I just might have found out how to trigger a new body appear like this, if you logoff from the server before you have spawned after death. 

Not much of a coder but this might be a place to look at. 

if that is the problem, maybe try to change it so that you have a timer before you can leave your (dead) body rather than a timer before you get to choose a spawnpoint.

On a side Mission we hat do clear an enemy camp. After finding the five tends, my team covert it with led and frags with no effect. So I placed a C4 charge in the middle and was able to blow up 3 of them. Then the grenadier put around six shells with no effect again. Is it possible to reduce the "armor" of those tents?

Another thing (especially for a newbie like me), can you provide us with an Image what we are looking for on the side missions? I mean I was not expecting five one-men-tents close together when I should clear a whole Camp of a whole squad with 20 members.