Help with Addons

z4driver

Hi all, new to Arma and just started with multiplayer. Probably there's an obvious answer to this but hopefully you'll treat me kindly.

I installed Arma3Sync and used it to download the add-ons from the public server repository. When I launched Arma via Arma3Sync, Steam then downloaded the same add-ons via Workshop. I've now got two copies of each addon, one in Workshop and one in an Arms folder in Documents. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930F using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

Euhm, you don't need to subscribe to the addons via steam.  You can of course but the mods in the repo are the ones that are on the server.  
After downloading them with arma 3 sync just go into the mods tab, select the mods you want.  Don't run all the mods at the same time because several mods replace the same vanilla sound files.  And that'll lead to strange things happening.

AFAIK I haven't subscribed to any add-ons on Steam. It just seemed to automatically pick up that I was starting with add-ons and downloaded them.
@fir_nev It was through your guide that I found out about add-ons [emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G930F using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

41 minutes ago, z4driver said:

@fir_nev It was through your guide that I found out about add-ons emoji5.png

Not sure which guide but thank you!

That is some strange behaviour.

Maybe U will need to login to Steam to see if U accidentally subscribed to them. I found a useful video that might be Ur remedy...

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, GamerbugUK said:

There is an even faster way, launch Arma 3 - click MODS - look for the tab at the top that says MORE with a drop down, hit the drop down select UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ALL STEAM WORKSHOP MODS

I personally DL the mods through the REPO then add them to my launcher using the LOCAL MOD option.

What @GamerbugUK said. I am stuck with the wife...