I&A: Cluster Bomb Support type

Chutnut

Question

So in I&A as long as you have sufficient points you can call in scorcher, MLRS or cas support types, To extend the CAS maybe we could add the new cluster bombs in as support, Since it is very powerful maybe have it a fairly high point requirement, anyway plain and simple.

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Cryo said:

I feel the TK's already incoming. Add on top of it that some ammo doesnt detonate and you also have some discount mines depending on the placement of the bomb.

Pfft, A plus for realism, But it could be a bit of an issue. I dunno if there is a way to disable it but if so maybe consider it

On 17.9.2017 at 6:12 PM, Chutnut said:

I&A

On 17.9.2017 at 10:40 PM, Chutnut said:

A plus for realism

I don´t know if I&A and anything about realism should be mentioned in the same topic:lol:;)

But jokes beside: I like the idea because it would acutally somewhat buff the EODs a bit more since they could deal with the UXO but I just don´t see this working at all on I&A wich is why I am totally on @Cryos side. Just remember: the minefields were removed because most I&A-players seemed not to be capable of dealing with explosives without killing them as well as anyone standing nearby and I´d guess we´d have the same mess again but with the big difference that people wouldn´t even know where these UXO are since the new mine detecting system not automatically marks explosives anymore. Now imagine AOs with undetected mines and common I&A players who aren´t observant or carefull, don´t consider spacing and probably don´t know what to do with these UXO...people would probably be dying all over the place because of these.:(:lol:

[Just to say that as well: I liked minefields and hope they come back to buff EODs]

On 17.9.2017 at 10:40 PM, Chutnut said:

I dunno if there is a way to disable it

I don´t think so since BI always praised this system that you actually have to be carefull on how to use them...Also they builded the IDAP campaign as well as the Virtual IDAP showcase around these things were they literally every 2 minutes tell you not to use this kind of ammo because of said system/feature.:unsure:

Actually I believe the Minefields in I&A were removed because AI killed themselves on it, I may be wrong. And coming to that point the minefields around the radio tower were large amounts, Dozens of mines were placed around it whereas UXO's are less, Somewhat around 3 to 10 probably.

In terms of this being used as a TK weapon, I expect this to be accidental on most cases, Since it should be a support type which can be used at high amounts of points, 200 or more probably.

3 hours ago, Xwatt said:

Short and simple, with the massive spread that the cluster strike has, 90% its going to teamkill somebody, think about it, it just isn't the smartest choice of weapon in the toy box.

I actually believe the Laws of War update adds bomb CAS to vanilla, If so maybe just use a standard bomb instead, Quite as a deadly with less spread.

On 19.9.2017 at 10:04 PM, Chutnut said:

I actually believe the Laws of War update adds bomb CAS to vanilla, If so maybe just use a standard bomb instead, Quite as a deadly with less spread.

If you just want to have a standart bomb call vortex or UAV...they'll be more than happy to be allowed to drop a GBU.