Couple of suggestions

Wyldwiisel

Question

Hi I'm a new guy had a great welcome from the guys on Teamspeak and on EU 2 only been playing a few days but I do have a couple of suggestions 

everyone seems to be on server EU1

So why not mix it up a little on server 2 have it as a night mode server or have it switch over every hour or two 

Also as a noob I am struggling to tell players from AI could we have a suggested dress code for AI so it's obvious to a noob like me I haven't killed another player yet but I have been killed for hesitating and checking the map to see if that is a red player or blue 

Also can all NPC use tracer rounds on a noob training server too would help me to look the right way in real life if you hear a noise you can pretty much look straight in that direction that's not really possible with stereo headset so tracers would help too 

the other thing I've noticed on server 1 it's seems like we have 60 Rambo wannabes on there not much squad control by officers could this be effected by having a 200m bubble around the leader and if you stay in it you get extra HP or armour or map info gets delayed if your outside of the bubble around the leader

4 answers to this question

The problem with these ideas is that they all involve a large amount of coding to make possible, and it is a fairly hard task to make such things plausible. 

As for the 60 players issue, this is the nature for EU1. No matter how hard you try there will always be one person who tries to destroy the enjoyment of others. It's your role as a well informed player to contact an admin to deal with this issue, or file a player report if that isn't an option.

1 hour ago, Wyldwiisel said:

Teamspeak and on EU 2 only been playing a few days but I do have a couple of suggestions 

everyone seems to be on server EU1

First of all..... welcome! Good to see new people coming and giving their views as a new person :D

Now... in my opinion some of these ideas are quite good but others I personally disagree with. 

suggested dress code

To help you out with this, friendly players cannot dress in CSAT or AAF camouflages, which are the most common type of hostiles you will see. It may take a while but eventually you will be able to tell just from a glance, although admittedly I have walked with a few CSAT soldiers from time to time. 

NPC use tracer rounds

Personally I quite like this idea. Helps out the newer players to Arma by giving them a few pointers, bravo! However the only problem I can see this causing is when players use tracers (which they can) then they could get a lot of blue fire focused on them. However, I still am quite a fan of this.

60 Rambo wannabes

To put this simply, this is the nature of EU1. It is there to offer that style of gameplay and always has been that way. However, there is a more teamplay oriented server which is EU3, or AhoyWorld Enhanced if that tickles your fancy. It uses mods, and also requires a bit of game knowledge and common sense (which is rarer than you think) but that is where the team play happens.

Other than that, it's good to see what a person that is newer in our community thinks.

Thanks for the insight <3

3 hours ago, Wyldwiisel said:

Well I'll prob move to Eu 3 once I have a few more hours under my belt didn't know about uniforms but hopefully now I won't be standing in door way wondering If that guy is friendly or not I seem to spend 50%of my time on map screen at moment

It'll get easier with time, approaching suspected enemy positions slowly and using binocs/rangefinders to spot enemies before they spot you is always preferable to running into ambushes. You will soon also see that AI moves in a certain way. It is quite distinct and will help you separate friend from foe.