the-bass-tian||Sebastian

[Bug] Enemy Tank despawn even when captured

I don´t know if I am allowed to post here, but I try. :-P

I searched but I didn´t find any report that describes my problem.

I recently captured an enemy Varsuk MBT and was having lots of fun, supporting the friendly infantry around but it despawned right when the objective (destroy factory) was accomplished.

Since I really love the Arma 3 Combined Arms Feeling, I love driving tanking and gunning in support of all foot-movers...so capturing an enemy vehicle should be featured and rewarded with keeping that precious fancy rather queer looking contraption. Right?

[Fixes possible]

A.) When you despawn the remaining enemy equipment and man, can´t you check if "taken-by-friendly" and prevent it from despawning?

B.) When despawn check if vehicle/unit a humanoid (I call most of them not "human") player is inside and prevent it from despawning?

C.) Are you collecting all spawned AO-Enemies into an array/list? Ze Unit might be deleted from that array/list when entered by a humanoid Player, to prevent it from being deleted afterwards.

D.) Since the tangos won´t leave their nettle-carrier if not destroyed, you might enter the fix into the "repair" script. So when vehicle from enemy is repaired, remove it from list, remove tag "deleteme" or even respawn without name "delete-me". (I don´t know if changing name is possible via script - I only coded in old flashpoint times...)

D would be the best choice performance wise I guess.

...I also demand a "lock-vehicle"-option to prevent idiots from driving my Hunter right off the hull-down-position right into enemy lines... :-P

Greetings, 

Sebastian

P.s.: excuse my maybe buggy english, I am Herman ze german ...

I apparently forgot to lock the enemy vehicles spawned at the priority factory mission.  It wasn't intended that one could hop in it and control it but i'll bring it up with the rest of the dev team to see if we might go with one of the options you suggested.

30 minutes ago, the-bass-tian||Sebastian said:

I also demand a "lock-vehicle"-option to prevent idiots from driving my Hunter right off the hull-down-position right into enemy lines... :-P

We're working on something but i can't give you any ETA.  For now just try to stay away from random players, if they do get in tell them to get out.  If someone refuses to get out contact a member of staff, either ingame or on TS.  They'll order the player out and if he doesn't do this either kick him out of the vehicle or the server.

Stan

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts