[AWE] [GAMENIGHT] Prometheus Series - OP: Achilles - by KPJ

Karate Pyjamas

When : Saturday 16th September, 1845 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)  

Server: EU3/AWE

Briefing / Planning: 1830 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)

Mission Start: 1900 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)  

Map: Altis

Mods: Standard AWE

First person lock: No

Loadouts: Pre-set with limited supplies

Respawns: Yes

Mission Length: ~120 minutes.

Factions: BLUFOR (USMC) vs OPFOR (SPA, Russian equipped)

JIP: Limited

Number of Slots: 40-ish (with 1 Zeus operator)

Current Roster, definitely not finalhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NtmTdHKPVPWrpl08hSglgr8a4YKn2v5gbSWEV0yB53A/edit?usp=sharing

Debrief:

SPA has been pushed back into the Altis mainland. Reinforcements have landed on the beaches of Mazi and set up a FOB on the Feres Airfield. Armored vehicles and troop carriers are being moved in as we speak so we can mobilize our troops further north. Intel gathered from their officers suggests a SPA stronghold near the town of Pyrgos, this will be our next target.

Mission brief:

Intel suggests there is a SPA stronghold near Pyrgos, we have to clear this out and liberate the town of Pyrgos. Any SPA forces we encounter along the road have to be dealt with. We will be driving a convoy over near Pyrgos. Vortex is on stand by. Heavy ordinance from Vortex is available but limited.

large.achilles.jpg.586d52daa746cf5f79374

Any questions, comments or suggestions should be posted below.

P.s. Prometheus will run for 3 more consecutive weeks, then a one week break then 3 more consecutive weeks.

Regards,

KPJ

18 hours ago, OlimRa said:

Will be there, but im gonna be about a half hour late because im at work..if thats ok?

Yes, that's fine. I will make a note and reserve your slot. Just look at the form when joining what you should take.

For everyone who still needs to sign up, please look at the current roster first to see which roles are open. If you're going to pick roles that are already filled you're going to get disappointed. I rely heavily on a first come first get bias, and then trying to create teams with people who have a good dynamic without making any team a pro-team or newbie team.

Guest EnragedTeddyBear

If u want u can update my name ^_^ McTw1st instead of EnragedTeddyBear ?

However keep my slot open i dont know if ill be back in time so if im not back when u all are slotting in ill take what ever is free when i do come back

On 15/09/2017 at 0:19 PM, J0hnson said:

Are we to convoy through the town too?

Well, we're liberating Altis... I guess that answers the question ;)

20 hours ago, McTw1st said:

If u want u can update my name ^_^ McTw1st instead of EnragedTeddyBear ?

However keep my slot open i dont know if ill be back in time so if im not back when u all are slotting in ill take what ever is free when i do come back

Okay!

4 hours ago, OlimRa said:

Hi! U can drop me off from the list ? cannot arrive in time. Im not at home until 2030 UK time..Sry. Next saturday im free from work ? have a good gamenight fellaz

JIP is available, just join a slot once you get there.

Hey, thanks for the gamenight to everyone involved, 'twas awesome.

As a whole, I think that we were effective and hit objectives hard, which is always nice. Few issues, though minor ones and related directly to me. Had a small fright when game started and AR had only 2 30 rnd magazines of 5.56 as ammo :D no biggie though. The smoke rounds from mortars at the end of the mission, you could see through the smoke with a scope. Though weird, I personally took advantage of it, how ever immersion breaking it was. If I shouldn't have done it, let me know and I'll restrain myself in the future. Another gripe with myself was when GhostDragon took  ASL. I should've taken immediate team lead of A2 when this happened. At least this is my understanding that this is the AR's duty. I just wasn't on the ball, I realized this only at the last minutes of the mission. After Ghost started as ASL I feel that A2 deteriorated a bit and lost it's cohesiveness because of me. If this happens again poke me and tell me to do my job. I think ghost had to herd the whole of alpha AND lead A2. Other than that, I think A2 kicked ass and it was a joy to advance behind leo and XWatt, learned a thing or two of CQB :)

3 hours ago, Tim O'Kill said:

AR had only 2 30 rnd magazines of 5.56 as

The smoke rounds from mortars at the end of the mission, you could see through the smoke with a scope.

Should've been 2x 200 round boxes, weird. Not sure how that happened. About the smoke, that's the BAF smoke, it's iffy to say the least. I'll not use it again.