HQ building

Xwatt

Question

Some players have made it apparent that they feel there is no motive to seek out and complete the HQ sub- objective and possibly the ammunition cache as well. This is what this highlights.

To enhance the gameplay of the sub-objective, the ideas discussed makes the sub objective more of a threat to the player, so there is an incentive to complete the sub-objective.

In short, the options discussed are:

1. Jet CAS runs

2. Spawning of a CAS helicopter

3. Increase of skill level for main AO (difficulty will be reduced to default after sub objective is complete)

If you have ideas for the cache sub-objective aswell, feel free to drop them below. If you have any alternative options that we haven't listed for the HQ building, please let us know below as we take all options into consideration.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

So, I have my ideas for this and I'm casting off my staff mantle for this and taking up my occasional public server player one.

I personally think that the radio tower should alternate jets and helicopters - 20% Shikra, 10% Kajman, 40% Orca, 20% Whatevervanillasu25iscalled. Those numbers are just for an example.

The HQ could be used similarly to spawn additional units, but consider it to be calling in ground reinforcements. 50% chance to spawn in unarmed ifrits to deploy infantry, 25% for an armed Ifrit, then a 5% chance or so for more heavily armed vehicles.

The Cache I'm not too sure on yet, bear with me on potential ideas for that

3 minutes ago, BloodInTheSand said:

The HQ could be used similarly to spawn additional units, but consider it to be calling in ground reinforcements. 50% chance to spawn in unarmed ifrits to deploy infantry, 25% for an armed Ifrit, then a 5% chance or so for more heavily armed vehicles.

Sadly, I told Xwatt to add the fact we need ideas that aren't too similar to in game things already. He's good at his job :P. I'll let you off as you think modded is better than public, but effectively the relatively new factory priority objective does this. The factory spawns in specific units. It was thought of and is a good idea however in my opinion it is too similar to what is implemented already with that factory. 

In regards to the radio tower, I'll wait a bit longer before I say anything on this, I'm sure it can be discussed here and internally.

In saying that however, I might add in a modified version of your HQ building idea, it will definitely be kept in mind. 

Lets hope the ideas continue to flow in!

22 hours ago, McKillen said:

Sadly, I told Xwatt to add the fact we need ideas that aren't too similar to in game things already. He's good at his job :P. I'll let you off as you think modded is better than public, but effectively the relatively new factory priority objective does this. The factory spawns in specific units. It was thought of and is a good idea however in my opinion it is too similar to what is implemented already with that factory. 

In regards to the radio tower, I'll wait a bit longer before I say anything on this, I'm sure it can be discussed here and internally.

In saying that however, I might add in a modified version of your HQ building idea, it will definitely be kept in mind. 

Lets hope the ideas continue to flow in!

In that case, then, I'd say having the HQ tied to skill level would work well. Makes sense that having somewhere to relay commands would increase the combat effectiveness of the AI

Yes Would force ppl to take it to ease the Taking of Ao. The prio mission are sadly Much overlooked. IF they where to Cause a problem Like Arty and  AA. Would be s digf story.

Say factory. IF it spawns X klick from Ao the Veichles ther start moving to Ao. .

and the sub cache give EI better Gear. 

And the HQ. Either as Said before here. Increse skill or hostile tanks or so. 

Prob Things already mentioned some where. Bit just My thoughts