Community Logic

JulianWilliams

So today I got banned for constantly mentioning minor offensive words that the society wouldn't find it offensive. Rape? Gay? You find these words very offensive to you? Speaking of gay, you can actually get auto-banned for saying this word in the server by receiving 3 warnings if you keep saying it.

Gay is just another bullshit gender and is not an offensive word. Seriously? I've never been to war or at least joined the military but from my knowledge and based from all the videos I've watched, I've heard them use foul words, EXCESSIVELY. Is this a 4+ years old video game, where words like these are bannable?

If you keep intend to keep this rule, stop calling yourselves friendly admins if you couldn't even be a little bit nicer to people, especially to the players playing in the server.

Ever since I joined this community, I've never met a friendly staff member, yet they keep telling me that they are nice and friendly.

A player asks what was going on and the staff member replies in a rude manner. Really? Plus, I've seen you guys roast players and being sarcastic to them, including me, when I was just asking a question regarding the server. Is that really friendly?

Ban me or delete this post if you feel guilty and don't want everybody to see this, the truth. It's either you remove this stupid rule or you purge the admin team or just tell them to pretend to be nice to people at least, please. You must be in 1980s if you think words like these are prohibited. #bruh.jpg

happens evritime:

> says 'fuck' in chat as a reaction, not addressing it to anybody

> admin: watch ur language

> says it again by accident or intentional

> gets auto or admin server kicked and will receive a free ban if it happens again

If a member of staff could post the chatlog that would sure help and allow anybody else to see for themselves.

It is indeed wrong to recieve warnings for the use of the word 'gay' in the 21st century. However, referring to it as "just another bullshit gender" is not the way to go either.

I'm certain that there's more people, members or not, who do not understand the way community management is done by the moderator / admin / staff team and I have to agree that the amount of sometimes highly questionable actions taken / decisions made, misunderstandings and just downright unprofessional behaviour is too high to call it very rare incidents. But that's just my opinion and I'm not writing this because I want to complain but because I am convinced that there is a dire need to get this issue fixed in order to keep AW attractive and, actually, if I think about it, alive.

7 minutes ago, Chuck Norris said:

The reason you were banned was because you posted this in side chat:

"16:17:12 | (Side) Julian Williams: #sayyestorape"

Need i say more?

If you have a problem with a ban please post a ban appeal here.

ah yes, very offensive word. yea, i totally deserved that ban for just saying that. even if it was a joke or serious, i'd still get banned, yea.

like, hell, i didn't know the reason i was banned. I never asked why I'm banned from the server nor I'm asking you to extend my ban duration.

2 minutes ago, JulianWilliams said:

ah yes, very offensive word. yea, i totally deserved that ban for just saying that. even if it was a joke or serious, i'd still get banned, yea.

Yes. Yes it is offensive.

Respective of this comment, I will refer you to the community rules and guidelines; 1.1.1 specifically.

'AhoyWorld is a welcoming community that respects its members and visitors. We expect everyone to maintain this environment and will take action against those who jeopardise that community spirit.'

Offensive jokes are funny at times - but there is a time, and a place; and especially when it is in good humour - and they are actually funny. I would suggest to you that this is not funny - think about it. Seriously, take a moment to think, it's important for what comes next Julian.

If you arrive at the conclusion that you have stepped awry of what is considered acceptable behaviour; then post a ban appeal, and it will be considered. But beware, you have made a name for yourself as being rather obnoxious and toxic with players and admins alike.

Should you arrive at the conclusion that this sort of behaviour is acceptable to you though; you know where the door is. Go ahead and use it - this is not the place for attitudes like that, being brandished in the manner that you have. If you feel you are unable to do this, or continue along similar lines to your current provocations, we reserve the right to show you the door - think of it as being similar to a bouncer in a club.

If you feel like these are not the actions of 

1 hour ago, JulianWilliams said:

friendly admins

then please file a report in the respective place. But perhaps question the reason for which you are being treated in such a way first.

Using gay as anyting but a way to describe someone as happy or homosexual is using a word as a slur, "this is gay", "that is gay", "stop being gay", as it is using a word associated with a peopel of a sexual preference and putting a negative slant on it as you would typically replace the word gay with another negative term, "bad", "wrong", "stupid" etc.

You say being banned for a server for this is bad? I know people who have been given formal warning at workplaces and even sacked for this, so no it is not OK. Does it bother me, not really, is it deemed offensive by many, yes.

As for rape, using this as a joke doesn't really work either as too many people can be offended and rightly so. Does it bother me? No I have a dark sense of humour, do I use it here on the server? Nope.

Also it takes time to stop and type these things, it's not like you are blurting it out in the heat of the moment over voice chat.

I've always found the admins friendly but then again I have never given them a reason not to be.

23 hours ago, JulianWilliams said:

Gay is just another bullshit gender

Just to add to this; I was sick so couldn't let you know any earlier :(

Gay isn't a gender, it's actually orientation.

Also, admins are friendly, just not to people who are offensive. So just a tip, don't be mean nobody appreciates it:angry:

And actually I do find rape offensive. A family friend had a bad experience one time with it... Don't say things like that, there are 60 people in EU1 a lot of the time, you don't know any of them and what they are like

32 minutes ago, McKillen said:

Also, admins are friendly, just not to people who are offensive. So just a tip, don't be mean nobody appreciates it:angry:

I was never unfriendly to anybody in the community. I respect who respects me, I'm friendly to anyone being friendly to me. The time when I said 'rape' in chat was just a joke and was never meant to offend someone else. Everyone can tell that, since I've been joking for the past 20 minutes before I got banned.

@JulianWilliams I don´t know what in your opinion is friendly or respectfull but bs like this:

23 hours ago, Chuck Norris said:

"16:17:12 | (Side) Julian Williams: #sayyestorape"

is the opposite of both. I mean you wouldn´t shout something like that in the streets of your town because you know that people might find it offensive. So why do it on a public server?! And if any Admin actually should´ve been unfriendly or disrespectfull to you because of this I can definitly understand him and actually even appreciate his behaviour. Playing down topics like that just can´t be tolerated.

9 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

@JulianWilliams I don´t know what in your opinion is friendly or respectfull but bs like this:

is the opposite of both. If any Admin actually should´ve been unfriendly or disrespectfull to you because of this I can definitly understand him and actually even appreciate his behaviour. Playing down topics like that just can´t be tolerated.

I've been to other servers and not just Arma 3 servers, but other online video games as well and nothing like this has happened to me. I was never banned from any server for a reason like this. This is my sense of humor(edginess) but I know my limits and I will not go beyond that to get myself banned. That ban was not I was expecting. They usually give me warnings then kick. If they did that instead, I would have stopped. To be honest, I don't think this punishment is what I deserve. :(

friendly ? respectfull?

Spoiler

just sat on Amoni hill observing the factory obj when my Prowler got hit 3 times just up close to it out of no where ... when i was walking away from the (now unusable) vehicle i got hit 2m off my current pos

Now,i accused a Mk6 gunner at first,but seeing how close those explosions came (i cant even verify what caliber it was - RPG/Mortar shell/etc) but seeing 3 AW people with "certain" powers are online i m quite certain where it came from ...

Tragic fact,i cant prove anything and as i got no access to verfiy statements of ... well,in short - i doubt anything happens on a ARMA server without a admin being able to find out

But it speaks volumes (to me).

Go figure ...

hmmm hmmm

Edited by TheScar
wasnt even bothering to post in this,but it so well fitt´s

18 minutes ago, TheScar said:

i accused a Mk6 gunner at first,but seeing how close those explosions came

I can promise you it really wasn´t me. I am definitly not a guy breaking rules and especially not a friendly firing one...also you probably know how far the spread of the mortar usually it is.

Edited by Noah_Hero
be carefull to not let this go off-topic

21 minutes ago, TheScar said:

friendly ? respectfull?

Hide contents

just sat on Amoni hill observing the factory obj when my Prowler got hit 3 times just up close to it out of no where ... when i was walking away from the (now unusable) vehicle i got hit 2m off my current pos

Now,i accused a Mk6 gunner at first,but seeing how close those explosions came (i cant even verify what caliber it was - RPG/Mortar shell/etc) but seeing 3 AW people with "certain" powers are online i m quite certain where it came from ...

Tragic fact,i cant prove anything and as i got no access to verfiy statements of ... well,in short - i doubt anything happens on a ARMA server without a admin being able to find out

But it speaks volumes (to me).

Go figure ...

hmmm hmmm

so, you were cresting the hill, infact you were on the side of the hill the AI can see, you had your prowler, engine on, lights fully on. Firing titan after titan that are easily traceable. Every AI can see you, but they are just stupid enough not to. And did I kill you? nope. Did you move? Nope. Instead you sat there, leading me to make more shots, bare in mind any of these shots could of 1 shot you but I'm not that bad too one shot insta kill you. If you reacted and moved you would of only faced one shot. Instead you put markers on the map, quoting "I will never forget this." 

So you know, complain all you want Scar, just be grateful it wasn't a one shot insta kill when every AI in the AO could aim at you.

This is a warning to stay on track with this thread. Further off topic posts will result in it being locked.

@TheScar if you feel if any member of the staff team or Zeus programme has abused their position, please contact someone from core staff, or alternatively, file an admin report (located in player tools, whistle)

Regards,

Copey

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3T using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

@JulianWilliams

You sound like a really nice person...

I personally don't want someone, anyone, using the word gay in a negative way, nor is joking about rape okay in a mixed community like this. People need to be held to high standard of decorum, so i applaud whoever banned you. 

If you want to make rape jokes and call people anything up to and including 'gay faggy fags' go ahead and do that on another server populated by like-minded people. 

One of the best things i've found about this server is that everyone is really respectful and professional, with a few exceptions. 

7 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

@JulianWilliams

You sound like a really nice person...

I personally don't want someone, anyone, using the word gay in a negative way, nor is joking about rape okay in a mixed community like this. People need to be held to high standard of decorum, so i applaud whoever banned you. 

If you want to make rape jokes and call people anything up to and including 'gay faggy fags' go ahead and do that on another server populated by like-minded people. 

One of the best things i've found about this server is that everyone is really respectful and professional, with a few exceptions. 

I am a nice person. Don't judge me. I'm *probably* nicer than you but who knows?  I believe in myself that I am a nice and friendly person. We can be friends right now if you want to but I know you don't want that to happen.

I was with my squad members when I said those in server chat. I will not involve them here but we were only joking(having fun), like when we changed our squad name to Gay Squad. Yeah, that name is very inappropriate and I know that. It'd be much okay for me if that was the reason I got banned. It's understandable.

(I say dumb, inappropriate-but-funny and random weird stuffs in chat in an attempt to make friends with anyone in the server.)

@JulianWilliams

If you only want to be friends with people who say inappropriate stuff and are unprofessional, you're on the right path. You can joke and make friends without coming across like a jackass. 

That being said, I am not the nicest of people. And I will judge you, as all people judge anyone they come across in life. First impressions are build on a foundation of micro judgements. 

Your public persona is all people have to base their opinions of you on. If we/anyone, don't/doesn't like the first impression of you, why venture further into who you are as a person? 

Maybe we will see each other online, and i hope we do, and i hope you comport yourself with a high degree of class and composure.