Greenhorn.

Avenhold

Hey folks,

Caught Arma 3 and its DLC during a good deal on Steam. I've put some hours in during Arma 2, DayZ, PUBG and even serve as an officer in a Planetside 2 outfit. I'm familiar with following orders and am always up to learning what I can to support in specialized roles as needed (apart from my non-game discriminatory tragic, flaming train wreck piloting skills). Truth be told I didn't know the extent of Arma 3's potential until I started watching some Zeus ops for this game; however, from what I saw I thought this would be a good fit for me.

I'm curious to know: what DLCs I will need to purchase in order to be compatible with the server and furthermore what sort of training I should get myself involved in and time commitments that may or may not be required. Any advice is always appreciated.

Cheers, Avenhold

Hello and welcome.

The servers are purposely built to be played without DLC, though having it will allow access to more weapons etc.

The only server reliant on DLC is EU4 which is set on the Tanoa map, and Apex is needed for this map.

All other servers are either vanilla (EU1/2/5) with the option of a few client side mods if you want them, or the slightly more tactical/milsim server AWE (EU3); that relies on a lot of mods, but again does not require DLC. There is a whole sub-forum for AWE where you can find all the help you need.

Ahoyworld wants to let anyone play not just those who purchase the DLC.

2 hours ago, Avenhold said:

what sort of training I should get myself involved in and time commitments that may or may not be required. Any advice is always appreciated.

If you just want to play on the public servers (EUs 1,2,4 & 5) then simply playing the tutorials, bootcamp thingies should be enough.  The rest you can learn while playing.  Just don't take a pilot slot until you know how to fly and most importantly land.

If you want to join AWE also do the tutorials but also take a look into the guide section of the forum.  Because on AWE we have ACE and TFAR running both of which make the game just a tad harder for new players.  There are plenty of videos explaining both on youtube as well, if you watch a few you should be good to join.  Ask anyone on AWE for help and they'll happily help you with anything you don't know yet.  

See you on the battlefield.

Hi Avenhold,

if you want to hop onto AWE (AhoyWorld Enhanced) you should definitly follow Stans advice for the beginning and

2 hours ago, Stanhope said:

take a look into the guide section of the forum

wich can be found here: https://forums.ahoyworld.net/forum/96-guides/

There you can also find the Rules and Guidelines of the Server wich you should read and understand before you join (don´t worry there are just a few rules:)): https://forums.ahoyworld.net/topic/7678-ahoyworld-enhanced-rules-and-guidelines/

So after you decided that you know the basics and read the rules you´ll probably want to join the server.;):) For this you now need to download and install the mods we are using and set up TFAR (a needed Teamspeak plugin for ingame communication). For this you´ll definitly want check out this link (it is a "tutorial" on how to install everything and it provides you the download link for the mods): https://forums.ahoyworld.net/topic/3174-how-to-install-the-ahoyworld-enhanced-and-public-mods-install-tfar/

After you finished everything above you can finally get the IP and Serverpassword from this link: https://forums.ahoyworld.net/topic/8254-ahoyworld-aweeu3-server-ip-password/

And by the way red Pandas are great!:)

Best regards

Noah:)

Thank you all for your informative, prompt, informative responses and the warm welcome to boot. Always a pleasure to find a pleasant, helpful community. I'll see to getting myself properly situated and a little more trained up before I hobble in and give some poor squad leader a nagging headache. Thanks again!

10 hours ago, Noah_Hero said:

And by the way red Pandas are great!:)

Indeed they are. ^_^

Cheers folks!

Avenhold

On 01/09/2017 at 5:37 AM, Avenhold said:

I'm curious to know: what DLCs I will need to purchase in order to be compatible with the server and furthermore what sort of training I should get myself involved in and time commitments that may or may not be required. Any advice is always appreciated.

Hello and welcome!
As for the DLCs, I think everyone has just about hit the nail on the head there. Though Apex and Jets can be useful to have, they're not necessary for just your day to day use.

For training, if you're interested in joining AWE and need a hand getting things set up then feel free to get in touch - and keep an eye out in the enhanced section of the forums here for news in regards to upcoming training sessions!

• 2 weeks later...