A new Base

Aegis_RVIR

Question

So, I hate sitting on my ass and doing nothing. Deciding I would give the new base idea a whirl again after the disaster of the South-West Base. I made a quick draft and these were the results.20170819124012_1.thumb.jpg.e303778bc990bca23e3560eb48083715.jpg20170819124004_1.thumb.jpg.d1c12b11d34d28cf585a0954de45b4c6.jpg20170819123957_1.thumb.jpg.4eaba30e001bce82f6dd3ea4c34f96cd.jpg20170819123953_1.thumb.jpg.2f3b0b666d6bb988d4f27d408ee3ff6b.jpg

The large white building will contain the spawn and Arsenal. The helipads are lit up using the small green lamps and a large airport lamp. A vehicle/UGV repair is avaible, however I forgot the service pads for helicopters, planes and UAV. For if you don't recognize it, the proposed base is at the southern part of the main airfield. The HQ at the base is used as an AA platform. Certain objective like the gate barriers are made indestructible so nobody just goes straight through them. The middel area can be used for slingloading but that is most likely gonna be near the blackfish when I add the Blackfish.

What do you all think?

20170819124032_1.jpg

20170819124036_1.jpg

20170819123947_1.jpg

Scar has a point. Slapping the base dead center in the map ain't realistic but do keep in mind we are talking about pubs were 75% couldn't give less of a damn about realism. They just want to play a gamemode which happens to be hosted by AW.

If we were talking about Enhanced, I would agree but this ain't that.

I personally have mixed feelings about the current FOB's. In my opinion each is only useful if it is close to the upcoming AO's or if it yields things like gunships and tanks (Looking at you FOB guardian andtheoneatmolosairfieldIdontknow thenameoff). I could go into this more but it hits the logistical nightmare of I&A waaaay too soon for comfort.

Seeing as this base template is now being used in I+A 3.2.8+ i´d like to suggest to add a sort of "load up" position where people with vehicles can access a Arsenal/crate  in order to supply their needs.

It doesnt have to be WW3 rdy with massive HESCOs and fancy stuff,just keep it simple.

Plus i´d like to know where the exact positions for repair/refuel/rearm (service) are located on the current template.

I could of check that out ingame,but the presence of publics around my car makes me feel uncomfortable to do so.

So,pls update me.

On 31.8.2017 at 9:48 AM, Cryo said:

In my opinion each is only useful if it is close to the upcoming AO's or if it yields things like gunships and tanks

this can most likely only be done by having AO routes scripted in order to benefit from FOBs.

Prime example is Molos (FOB Last Stand) as once you cap that the next AO will be on the N side of the map.

15 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Seeing as this base template is now being used in I+A 3.2.8+

Euh, no we're not using this?  The current FOB guardian is on the other side of the airfield from this one.

16 minutes ago, TheScar said:

i´d like to suggest to add a sort of "load up" position where people with vehicles can access a Arsenal/crate  in order to supply their needs.

I'll look into it for the next update.

17 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Plus i´d like to know where the exact positions for repair/refuel/rearm (service) are located on the current template.

They're marked on the map with a vehicle service marker.  It's located between the cargo HQ building and the big office building.

18 minutes ago, TheScar said:

Prime example is Molos (FOB Last Stand) as once you cap that the next AO will be on the N side of the map.

This will only happen if all the AOs close to molos are already taken.  And if it does happen it will pick a completely random AO.