AhoyWorld

Public Moderators

AhoyWorld public moderator applications

This is the topic where you can apply to become a moderator on our public servers.

Please read the entire post before filling out the application form.

What does a public moderator do?

Public moderators support our community by weeding out troublemakers and rules-breakers on our public ArmA servers, the TeamSpeak server and our forum.

On ArmA servers a moderator may warn, kick and/or ban someone in violation of the rules. If a ban is applied, a moderator must fill out a brief ban report. A tool which makes use of the RCON system is used to apply bans.

A moderator also deals with player reports filed by players when there are no moderators present to deal with situations. After taking any necessary actions, the moderator informs the reporter of any actions taken.

What are the requirements to become a public moderator?

Absolute requirements:

• Must not be banned within the last 12 months

• Must provide at least 2 references from current public moderators or core staff members

• Must be active on the public servers and on the TeamSpeak server

What we prefer:

• Forum member for at least six months prior to application with an active, positive and constructive posting history

• Personality is pragmatic, trustworthy, reliable, considerate and respectful

• Enthusiastic players who are interested in advancing the community for the general enjoyment of all

Probationary Period

If your application gets accepted, you will be given a 90-120 day probationary period which completes on the last full weekend of each month.

Apply Here

A period during which your actions are more closely monitored by admins & other (full) public moderators.  If nothing has changed it will be decided at the end of your probation period whether or not you'll stay a moderator.

I am very interested in helping keep the server troll and idiot pop Down .I was speaking with some of the staff yesterday to see if you guys could train me to use zeus better and they suggested I drop a few posts in here I am happy to have a discussion to temper my expectations.

Best Regards

R Monkey 

The easiest way to do that is probably by submitting a gamenight (here) and in the submit forum mention that you'd like to have someone help you with zeusing it.  But you don't need any experience with zeus to become a public moderator (basically an arma admin, who also has zeus) or a spartan (an arma zeus), if you get accepted into either they'll teach you everything you need to know for it. 

It's good to have a STRONG Team Speak/In-game presence so we can get to know you if you're looking to become a Zeus or Moderator. I would also recommend that you know the game/and rules like the back of your hand and becoming a FA or Spartan first. Also have a good presence on our forums and be a member for at least 6-12 months before applying for the Spartan or Moderator position.