A few ideas and more

shuenix

Question

Hi again

First I would like to say say that its good you are doing the rewamp. Personaly I dont like the point system, but something has to happend, cause its becomming a little repititive. So any change will do.

One night when the EU1 was broken, a group of us regulars found another server: "7th Cavalery Realism". Their setup is quite different. They have implemented counterattack and Halodrop and much more. We had a very fun night on that server. I urge you to take look on 7th and see if "we" could use some of their implements.

Besides that, I would like to see more "harbours" for the boats, at least one at the west side of the main island.

Shouldn't we drop the Carrier, what it is good for? I have heard pilots saying that, I am not a pilot.

I am thinking dropping UAV operator and give some of the recons access to the Darter, but I not sure it can be done. In my eyes, darter belongs to recon. Maybe attach a Recon/Darter guy to each group. Then give the Fighter plane 2 GBU's. 

Is it possible to get AI to ganision a little more? Clearing houses is an exciting and fun part og the game.

Could we get a little more stamina please? Its a big island and you have to carry a lot of stuff, to avoid sitting in a vehicle all day.

Give Teamleaders Nightstalker or something else attractive. 

Restrict the classes that can handle explosives.

Its good server to play on, so keep up the good work. Thnx.

Shuenix

Technically it is indeed possible to lower the weight of every single weapon, magazine, launcher, launcher ammo, vest, backpack, handgun, grenade, smoke grenade, ... in the game.  It is too much work for the gain we get and i'd need constant attention to maintain it.  In addition, what should we set it too?  Good for one person is too light for the next and too heavy for a third one.  

So no, we're not changing weapon weight.

48 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

Technically it is indeed possible to lower the weight of every single weapon, magazine, launcher, launcher ammo, vest, backpack, handgun, grenade, smoke grenade, ... in the game. 

A lot easier would be to use Revo's 3DEN Enhanced for a moment, and edit the Load Coefficient. That way, you could also edit each unit / role individually.

E.g. While a regular rifleman has a load coefficient of 1, an autorifleman would be trained to run around with some extra weight on his body, so his coefficient could be 0.8. In the end, because of the way ArmA uses a single stamina level regardless of role (AFAIK !!), they'd both have the same amount of stamina in the field.

599c357b4aa4a_Loadcoefficient.png.7c44783667279ea2a6187cf275f1d30d.png

On 22/8/2017 at 3:05 PM, GamerbugUK said:

Please do not do this, you should need to consider your loadout rather than increasing the amount you can carry.

Thats excactly what I do, but try to be an Autorifleman and carry your own ammo. Either you have so much you cant run or so little you dont have much ammo for firefight, especialy if you need to do supression fire, it costs a lot of ammo.
In real life you would have an assistent to carry ammo too and even some others in the group also. Depending on assignment and group size. If a group vehicle is involved, it would be full of ammo too. In that case you wouldn't have to go far for rearming. 

BTW. I am a trained MG gunner. Trained on 7,62mm and 12,7mm and Quad 12.7.

Back to game:
If the supplychain worked perfect in the game, it would be no problem, but it doesnt. Thats the reason why I suggested change in the stamina system. 

But I think we have to live with the "walking war".

Gert/Shuenix

Not sure that being a trained gunner is important, your real life scenarios make perfect sense without needing to back them up.

Regars the limitations; take a vehicle, take a friend or pick a lighter setup. You can carry a ridiculous amount of 6.5 100rnd mags for the MX-SW, I think I was easily toting about around 1500 rounds of ammo, which is pretty impressive for a solo person and allows you to lay down some impressive suppression (not that suppression really does anything in Arma).

In real life an AT soldier would also have support carrying rockets etc, or a vehicle to supply them, but in arma you can carry exactly 3 a weapon and some gear. I have a choice, take 3 titan missiles, ask a buddy or grab a vehicle - I tend to do the latter.

It's a pick up and play server so the supply chain doesn't work as there is little coherency, though you may find others willing to help in that regard.

Counterpoint to what I have said of course is, its a pick up and play server, so why restrict weight, and not allow people to carry more rockets ammo boxes etc? and the answer is we used to allow that and AOs went down faster than they came up with one man armies laying waste to them (anyone remember the VR suit abuse?)

3 hours ago, GamerbugUK said:

Not sure that being a trained gunner is important, your real life scenarios make perfect sense without needing to back them up.

Regars the limitations; take a vehicle, take a friend or pick a lighter setup. You can carry a ridiculous amount of 6.5 100rnd mags for the MX-SW, I think I was easily toting about around 1500 rounds of ammo, which is pretty impressive for a solo person and allows you to lay down some impressive suppression (not that suppression really does anything in Arma).

In real life an AT soldier would also have support carrying rockets etc, or a vehicle to supply them, but in arma you can carry exactly 3 a weapon and some gear. I have a choice, take 3 titan missiles, ask a buddy or grab a vehicle - I tend to do the latter.

It's a pick up and play server so the supply chain doesn't work as there is little coherency, though you may find others willing to help in that regard.

Counterpoint to what I have said of course is, its a pick up and play server, so why restrict weight, and not allow people to carry more rockets ammo boxes etc? and the answer is we used to allow that and AOs went down faster than they came up with one man armies laying waste to them (anyone remember the VR suit abuse?)

This game tries to get as real as possible, thats why I mentioned my RL training.

I think you are living in a dreamworld. The reality is: Take a vehicle to AO and even if you try to hide it. You can be pretty sure it is stolen when you need it. I have tried it so many times. It doesnt work. Get locks on the cars and it will be fine. 

Its all about the supply chain. Other servers the pilots take suplies in at the ending of battle in AO or when they go in for evac. They dont on Ahoy. Why dont the Huron sling a pallet when going the route anyway? I dont get it.

Get the supply chain fixed and all will be more funny. We can have low weight and run, we dont have to drive long distances with ammo to the group. AT can get their rockets. Dont have to spent time on RTB and back and a long walk or just to get shot down again.

10 hours ago, shuenix said:

This game tries to get as real as possible, thats why I mentioned my RL training.

for a start,as you said - its a game that we r playing on a free to access by anyone that owns A3 and therefor you can expect getting a certain portion of retards by default and RL training/combat experience doesnt apply in a game world,so dont even go there :)

Also,EU3#

But its a two way route,you also meet great tactical and teamplay orientated players also and (imo) thats what you (i) strive for,those 20min of enjoyable cooperation in the 3h run you had.

I think you are living in a dreamworld. The reality is: Take a vehicle to AO and even if you try to hide it. You can be pretty sure it is stolen when you need it. I have tried it so many times. It doesnt work. Get locks on the cars and it will be fine. 

What if i told you that your take on the situation is flawed?

I learned to keep my vehicle off pub crowds/reinforcements/anyone_i_dont_know @ my 2nd day on EU1#.

You need to adapt your plan to the current situations ingame.

Works for me,at least.

And about the locks on vehicles,sounds reasonable but that conflicts with the way AW always managed the (public) servers and this is the no mod requirement to play and that´s just fine.

;)

Its all about the supply chain. Other servers the pilots take suplies in at the ending of battle in AO or when they go in for evac. They dont on Ahoy. Why dont the Huron sling a pallet when going the route anyway? I dont get it.

I agree the pilots lack a certain idea of logistics 85% of time and have no intention to uphold a logistic chain at most.

Then you have the occasional pilots that take 15min to load their choppers only to be shot a few min after and all their load effort was useless.

Or,like i experienced,you fly a few hours with all sorts of ammo and none even requests it as they prefer to respawn and be reinserted,then you get shot down.

Get the supply chain fixed and all will be more funny. We can have low weight and run, we dont have to drive long distances with ammo to the group. AT can get their rockets. Dont have to spent time on RTB and back and a long walk or just to get shot down again.

There´s no way this can be enforced by AW at all.

The players need to change or simply JUST DO IT.

Its always best to start by yourself first and see if people will follow your path.

Again,that´s what i´d do.

Apart from the fact i see Ammo Supply trucks and Prowlers driven by several people all over Altis daily.

Maybe check the map more or adress certain people by chat you know doing just that regualry and the chance to get a supply drastically changes to your favour (at times).

Or,supply on dead enemies.

Again,i do that regulary - any chance i find gear on dead enemies  i deem usable i take it.

The most effective weapon of humans is their brain and the ability to work with it.

:D

451b0b813b09b63f436d35b3697ebb57.gif

12 hours ago, shuenix said:

Thsoe two points seem to counteract each other, ral as possible, can we run around with realistic loadouts. Don't get  me wrong I don't think of the public servers as remotley realsitic, it just needs to maintain balance.

Depends what the vehicle is for and where you park it. I do this all the time and I've had my vehicle stolen once in the last few months, and when it is stolen, not a lot I can do, move on adapt. I have had countless missions where my ammo ran out, I adapted, took what I could from dead enemies and made it through multiple AOs, its heartpounding stuff. Another issue I have had is crashing a vehicle I have loaded up either at an AO, or on my way to it, and thats really frustrating but those are the breaks as well.

An option here would be try, instead of lowering weight, lobbying for pilots to bring a supply drop to a finished AO as a standard practice maybe they will add in a rule or a best practise guideine "if a pilot is at base or very near base and an AO has completed, before heading to evac bring a supply crate with you".

I can't comment what other servers do, I only play here, but I guess if other servers did what I wanted and here didn't I'd play there instead. That said I've not liked every step AW has made but it still gives me what I want; even if they lowered the weight as you suggest I'd still play here it'd just be a lot more arcadey than it is now, but I'd adapt easy enough and just have fun being a walking tank.

I have checked the supplycrates at main. They are sort of useless. 

We need to have crates with ammo to most guns. Also sniper, markmans and LMG ammo. 6.5mm stanag alone doesnt do it.
When we get theese crates fixed, pilots could easily bring out ammo.
And pack it with RPG 7 launchers too. They are light and good in selfdefence. Its the closest we get to an fire and throw away AT weapon. In my time in the army, everybody carried an "onetime" launcher.

Couldnt the standard loadout in vehicles also be made as mentioned above?

51 minutes ago, shuenix said:

I have checked the supplycrates at main. They are sort of useless.

We need to have crates with ammo to most guns. Also sniper, markmans and LMG ammo. 6.5mm stanag alone doesnt do it.
When we get theese crates fixed, pilots could easily bring out ammo.

i agree,the default loadout of (liftable) ammo crates is questionable.

but,thats a minor edit issue and can easily be changed/added

Plus,if it comes to what loadout shall be in those crates is the other side of the coin

And pack it with RPG 7 launchers too. They are light and good in selfdefence. Its the closest we get to an fire and throw away AT weapon. In my time in the army, everybody carried an "onetime" launcher.

the RPG7 is not only useless,it s also classified as classic insurgent weapon to western forces and therefor FF issues may raise if we spread it on a wider level.

PCML (shruggs) or RPG42 would be my top of the cake.

Then there s the "limited space" issue,those crates dont really pack alot of stuff like you intend,i m sure you d be surprised if you try it out.

For fun facts,just try to empty such a crate and fill it yourself like you suggested and report back with a screenshot of inventory after.

Like said,you d be surprised.

Couldnt the standard loadout in vehicles also be made as mentioned above?

Now,now - dont get to lazy dear Sir.

If you cant invest the time to load your vehicle with your stuff you need on your operations i dont see the return value to invest precious dev time to make that happen to spare you 2min preparation time.

:blink:

On 17-8-2017 at 4:20 PM, Stanhope said:

I presume people currently don't like it because of the jet glitching through the deck.  We were hoping that BI fixed that bug soon but yea.  

The carrier on altis isn't used for a lot true, but on malden it holds almost all air assets (helis, blackfish, UAVs, ...) because malden's base isn't on an airfield.

malden's base isn't on an airfield, isn't on an airfield

Just gonna put it out there, that makes 0 sense in my opinion.

3 hours ago, TheScar said:

i agree,the default loadout of (liftable) ammo crates is questionable.

but,thats a minor edit issue and can easily be changed/added

Plus,if it comes to what loadout shall be in those crates is the other side of the coin

the RPG7 is not only useless,it s also classified as classic insurgent weapon to western forces and therefor FF issues may raise if we spread it on a wider level.

PCML (shruggs) or RPG42 would be my top of the cake.

Then there s the "limited space" issue,those crates dont really pack alot of stuff like you intend,i m sure you d be surprised if you try it out.

For fun facts,just try to empty such a crate and fill it yourself like you suggested and report back with a screenshot of inventory after.

Like said,you d be surprised.

Now,now - dont get to lazy dear Sir.

If you cant invest the time to load your vehicle with your stuff you need on your operations i dont see the return value to invest precious dev time to make that happen to spare you 2min preparation time.

:blink:

If RPG 7 and FF is an issue, then friendly BTR's, Quinlin's and Kuma's are much bigger problem. I must admit i have taken out a frindly BTR and a Quinlin. I know its my fault, i have the finger on the trigger. But theese vehicles in AO is a disaster waiting to come. Compared with them, RPG 7 is nothing of an issue.

I know the size of crates and vehicles. I have loaded them very often. But I also know that a good variety can be done. I have often done it with Prowler and Hunter. I also know that good crates can be made and they are big enough for rearming approx. 15 men.