If you mean running solo alongside everyone else, outside of the command structure,  that would be lone wolfing and definitely not allowed. 

However if you mean playing when nobody else is around... pick a slot and play it to the best of your ability to complete the objectives! After all, as the only player, you're in command and have all of the authority over rule bends around assets that a normal CO would have. 

However, don't take that to mean you can do whatever you like. The rules are there to prevent things from going horribly. 

I hope that one of those responses answers your question. 

As always, I'm not on the administration team, so that's just my take on things. 

If you mean running solo alongside everyone else, outside of the command structure,  that would be lone wolfing and definitely not allowed. 
However if you mean playing when nobody else is around... pick a slot and play it to the best of your ability to complete the objectives! After all, as the only player, you're in command and have all of the authority over rule bends around assets that a normal CO would have. 
However, don't take that to mean you can do whatever you like. The rules are there to prevent things from going horribly. 
I hope that one of those responses answers your question. 
As always, I'm not on the administration team, so that's just my take on things. 
I'd say that's a pretty accurate reply, regardless of being on the staff team or not [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3T using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

28 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah i meant when nobody else is around at all. 

Another quick one.

If i'm online all alone and take a littlebird to the AO, is there a way to respawn it back at base? Do i have to destroy it? 

Helicopters are restricted exclusively to the pilot slot, they shouldn't be taken by anyone else.

Wasting assets is against the rules, and this includes abandoning vehicles or destroying them for no good reason. 

In short, if you've taken a vehicle to an AO - try to get it back. As a pilot you shouldn't be leaving the vehicle in the first place except in base or under some very specific circumstances.

5 minutes ago, BloodInTheSand said:

Helicopters are restricted exclusively to the pilot slot, they shouldn't be taken by anyone else.

Wasting assets is against the rules, and this includes abandoning vehicles or destroying them for no good reason. 

In short, if you've taken a vehicle to an AO - try to get it back. As a pilot you shouldn't be leaving the vehicle in the first place except in base or under some very specific circumstances.

So even if I am the only person on the server and it'll take an hour to drive a truck to the AO? 

Rules are rules and I'll abide by them obviously, just figured it would make sense to loosen some things when nobody else is around. 

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

So even if I am the only person on the server and it'll take an hour to drive a truck to the AO? 

Yes, there are no maps so big that driving to an AO in a small, fast vehicle like a prowler would make it unplayable. Perhaps with the exception of Lythium, where the incredibly far AOs tend to be few and far between, which I don't believe is on the current version of gauntlet anyway.

Rule 8 covers this.

AFAIK, the attitude has always been if there's less than 6-8 guys around, and everybody is ok with it, you can bend the rules if required.

The key being, if people turn up and wanna play "proper", then that should be respected.

As such, no, I don't believe there would be any issue in going FSG, grabbing whatever the heck you desire, and then using an AH-6M as a mobile mee-hee for yoo-hoo.

That said, when people do turn up for proper play, a map restart might well be prudent.

Officially, if you're alone on the server feel free to bend the vehicle rules a bit. That said, don't waste assets or break other kinds of rules. As soon as someone else joins, make sure you try to return to normal play, or even talk with them. I would say a good cut-off point for this leniency is about 5 people, which is enough to fill a fireteam.

42 minutes ago, Colsta said:

Officially, if you're alone on the server feel free to bend the vehicle rules a bit. That said, don't waste assets or break other kinds of rules. As soon as someone else joins, make sure you try to return to normal play, or even talk with them. I would say a good cut-off point for this leniency is about 5 people, which is enough to fill a fireteam.

That's awesome, after about one other person I'd return to normal haha.

Do any vehicles respawn? like the quad bikes? just so i know which vehicle is most 'expendable' so to speak. 

There are spawn pads around base at the separate vehicle service stations where you can spawn vehicles depending on the faction you're playing. 

The large lamp posts next to the pads have a scroll wheel option for spawning things. 

Edit: I realise that didn't answer your question upon re-reading it. In theory every vehicle should respawn but this is a good alternative. 

3 minutes ago, BloodInTheSand said:

There are spawn pads around base at the separate vehicle service stations where you can spawn vehicles depending on the faction you're playing. 

The large lamp posts next to the pads have a scroll wheel option for spawning things. 

Edit: I realise that didn't answer your question upon re-reading it. In theory every vehicle should respawn but this is a good alternative. 

Oh that totally answered it too though, that's really good to know.