Stiletto Feedback Thread

3 hours ago, LEO said:

until we have a working training program atm most training is done in the field and this change wil hamper training done on server. btw the eod slot can still be accessed by the command menu what about adding all of the explosives to that slot so it could be used as a training slot

If you need to have explosives (or any equipment) from the other factions for training purposes, that is exactly what zeus should be asked for.

2 hours ago, SiegeSix said:

Stiletto_Lythium_01_020

Intel Operative -  when searching something, it says "Searching any," and when he finds somethings, it says "Found any."

Doesn't specify the intel, just you found "any"

Is it just the intel operative, or any role?

Guest Bartlett

@Stanhope arnt they marksman scopes anyway???? Anything bigger I thought was mote toward sniper class???? 

I'm genuinely confused (main reason I haven't really explored the role)

From what i understand FSG can take up a sniper role if needed.  They currently don't have any scopes fit for that class.  They do have the guns fit to be a sniper.  

So either the guns (bolt action rifles) and scopes (sniper scopes, marksman scopes) should be both whitelisted or both blacklisted.

5 hours ago, Stanhope said:

FSG has bolt action rifles and marksmen rifles whitelisted but no long range scopes.  Highest magnification scope i could find is an ACOG.  

I have to do some thinking about how to implement this. Right now the long range scopes are tied to the marksman class, if I allow it for all FSG members then there's nothing stopping a machine gunner from mounting a 20x scope.  And to tie it in to the other comment (the 6x ACOG on a m240B) I'm loathe to do that because it will encourage heavy machine gunners to become heavy machine gun snipers.

To be honest I haven't seen FSG being used as intended, and I want to review how that squad is functioning.

14 hours ago, Ryko said:

And to tie it in to the other comment (the 6x ACOG on a m240B) I'm loathe to do that because it will encourage heavy machine gunners to become heavy machine gun snipers.

But as it seems the steering-guys liked the idea of having that scope.;) Also atm this isn´t an issue and we already have two 6x scopes whitelisted (I mentioned those in the quoted request)! So I´d guess self-control actually seems to be working for once. But if you really don´t want to have 6x available then at least also blacklist the other two mentioned ones.

"Bug": Destroy cache mission

Loaded cache into vehicle (LAW, had no explosives at the time). LAW got destroyed by EI. Cache seems to be stuck inside, undamaged.

Stiletto Malden

Request - Malden 2035

Could we get FOB on mainland? Preferably with few HMWs or any means of infantry transport. Just so there is way to play the map without air support/stealing cars/LAW/boating everywhere (aka when only few people are online). The map is really fun and decent for small numbers, but lack of bridge kinda sucks.

I guess you

Request/Question?

Guess the #vote missions option is long gone? Altis being often the map where server is when empty isn't the greatest as it is not so great for small numbers (aka when server starts to get people on or in off-hours) as it is just too large. Any chance to get back the function to skip a map in any form? Or if there is some, I guess it's unknown for most?

1 minute ago, RoyalSertr said:

Request/Question?

Guess the #vote missions option is long gone? Altis being often the map where server is when empty isn't the greatest as it is not so great for small numbers (aka when server starts to get people on or in off-hours) as it is just too large. Any chance to get back the function to skip a map in any form? Or if there is some, I guess it's unknown for most?

AFAIK the server isn't set to persistent battlefield.  Meaning that if everyone disconnects the mission will stop and it'll restart.  Every time the mission on AWE restarts it picks a new map.  
So if you're alone, connect push through, wait a bit and DC again.  A random map will be picked next.

2 minutes ago, RoyalSertr said:

"Bug": Destroy cache mission

Loaded cache into vehicle (LAW, had no explosives at the time). LAW got destroyed by EI. Cache seems to be stuck inside, undamaged.

Stiletto Malden

I believe this is an issue with ACE itself.  Ace doesn't actually load anything into anything.  It attaches the crate to the vehicle you're 'loading' it in with the same X and Y coordinates but a ridiculously large negative Z.  Meaning that the cache is several hundred meters under the map.

If a vehicle is destroyed the cache isn't because it's several hundred meters away from said vehicle.  (I think, i'm not 100% sure haven't looked into ACEs coding yet)

1 hour ago, Stanhope said:

AFAIK the server isn't set to persistent battlefield.  Meaning that if everyone disconnects the mission will stop and it'll restart.  Every time the mission on AWE restarts it picks a new map.  
So if you're alone, connect push through, wait a bit and DC again.  A random map will be picked next.

Which you must admit, is kinda ridiculous and unhandy (if there is few people on and all agree to change) thing to do. But yes, it is a solution. Kinda.

I guess there was a reason why disable player commands, I just don't see it. (also, to me it seems it just picks (defaults) Altis all the time, but that is probably just a feeling)

Just now, RoyalSertr said:

Which you must admit, is kinda ridiculous and unhandy (if there is few people on and all agree to change) thing to do. But yes, it is solution. Kinda.

I guess there was a reason why disable player commands, I just don't see it. (also, to me it seems it just picks (defaults) Altis all the time, but that is probably just a feeling)

I'll leave that to a modded mod to answer, seeing how i'm just any other player on AWE.

missions on the gorgona disarm nuke misson

I arived on the nuke and started the disarmament process by pressing the spacebar and by the end of the seid process it was not disarmed and I was unable to disarm it agein but some one else was stil able to disarm it so after he did it we decided to chuck ot down a cliff and hope the nuke did not kill us ( wich it did ) after that it said that stelleto had failed and server restarted

15 hours ago, LEO said:

missions on the gorgona disarm nuke misson

I arived on the nuke and started the disarmament process by pressing the spacebar and by the end of the seid process it was not disarmed and I was unable to disarm it agein but some one else was stil able to disarm it so after he did it we decided to chuck ot down a cliff and hope the nuke did not kill us ( wich it did ) after that it said that stelleto had failed and server restarted

This is brilliant :D

Cca 19:00GMT+2 17/10/20

Gorgona - playing as Russians(?), probably default settings

Bug - Tasks now showing properly
Upon joining, there was no Task tab in map menu nor any task icon on map. There was HVT Oscar as usual marked on the map with the cross thingy and square. After gathering intel, new mission was created (Rescue DIAMOND) and showed properly in task tab. For new JIP after that, there, again, were no tasks shown.

Bug/Missing feature

Couldnt gather intel I carried from my dead body. (Dissapeared?) Not sure if that is known issue.

Weird behaviour

Seems I got shot by guy who apperead ragdolled whilst I was searching him. Cannot confirm, might be just my internet was lagging extensively, but after returning, we havent encountered any active EI.

Dont see anything you could do or how could you check this. Just noting to put full report.