Stiletto Feedback Thread

30 minutes ago, Ryko said:

Stiletto v013 now on the server and set for default.  Changes:

3. Changed "black" civilian zone to brown to avoid confusion with unknown zones.

Just had a look and my colour deficiency makes it hard to tell the difference between Cautious orange and Hostile brown zones. Every colour-weak guy is different, so that may just be me.

However, if you want to stay away from black zones, might I suggest colouring Safe zones blue and shifting the spectrum up by one? Neutral green, Cautious yellow, Dangerous orange and Hostile red. 

1 hour ago, SkullCollector said:

[...] Every colour-weak guy is different, so that may just be me. [...]

Neutral green [...] Dangerous orange and Hostile red. 

Well that's gonna be hard for those among us with Daltonism.  

(Don't worry about me,  I might have daltonism but i was born with it so i call the same things red and green as anyone else does.  I just don't see the same thing :))  

Funnily enough, Arma's already taken this into account.

What I'll do is the following:

Safe: Light blue, fully coloured

Neutral: Green, diagonal cross lines going from SW to NE

Cautious: Yellow, horizontal cross lines

Dangerous: Orange, diagonal cross lines going from SE to NW

Hostile: Red, diagonal grid

Unknown: Black, Cross marks

1 hour ago, Fraggloid said:

There are several types of tripwire mines appearing in the mission that cannot be disarmed by EOD. Upon approaching, they detonate at a range of around 2m.

how are you aproching it? i never have eny dificulty wen dealing with that typ of mine

11 hours ago, LEO said:

how are you aproching it? i never have eny dificulty wen dealing with that typ of mine

Prone, and very slowly. I aim at it and check scroll options and ACE interaction for a disarm option constantly. I also have my mine detector active. It detonates between 2 and 3m out; well before I get any option.

It'd be cool to look into mods like these:

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/ZUlSFniY91#.WaAP1z6GM_4

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26882

Adding in such mods would allow us a much greater range of IED themed activities. IEDs are a MAJOR thing in real-world insurgencies as of late, so it'd be good to simulate that more than booby trapped vehicles and the odd IED.

In stiletto altis. The town directly south of the base. That isnt occupied right now.

We talked about that yesterday real quick, and it would be nice to have that occupied too. So you have to keep those guys friendly or else bad things will come at the base

4 minutes ago, Fraggloid said:

Prone, and very slowly. I aim at it and check scroll options and ACE interaction for a disarm option constantly. I also have my mine detector active. It detonates between 2 and 3m out; well before I get any option.

It'd be cool to look into mods like these:

http://makearmanotwar.com/entry/ZUlSFniY91#.WaAP1z6GM_4

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26882

Adding in such mods would allow us a much greater range of IED themed activities. IEDs are a MAJOR thing in real-world insurgencies as of late, so it'd be good to simulate that more than booby trapped vehicles and the odd IED.

now the question is did you see the wire itself? if you dont see the wire you shuld not aproce it

1 minute ago, Fraggloid said:

Not all IEDs have wires. 

14 hours ago, Fraggloid said:

There are several types of tripwire mines appearing in the mission that cannot be disarmed by EOD. Upon approaching, they detonate at a range of around 2m.

as per this qoute you specified tripwire mines and thats what i am basing my asumtions on that you are talking abaut the PMR-3 typ mine if you are talking abaut a difrent mine then specifiy it

2 hours ago, Fraggloid said:

I had one. I always have carried one, on all loadouts, since joining the server. That option doesn't appear.

I don't know what to tell you other than maybe you need to verify your game files / ace install.

Version 014 on the server for all 5 maps.

change log 014
1. if you search multiple times, your chance to find things will improve: if you search exceptionally well on something that doesn't have anything to be found, you will be notified that there's no point to further searching.
2. vehicles are now properly medical vehicles, so stitching in them works again.
3. threat indicator styles changed to assist the (colour) blind.
4. frequency of C4 traps tweaked slightly (should occur slightly less often)
5. in the extract asset mission, you have a hold action applied to the asset so you'll know him when you find him (helps for when he decides to leave his position).
6. tweaks for mission cleanup to improve performance.
7. fixed "stop" action as the civs were going nuts when multiple players were calling out for them to stop.
8. Dynamic groups: leadership should be decided properly now when joining a group.
9. Arsenal updated to add various uniforms and helmets.
10. Quick tagging and Quick mounting ACE modules added.

Bug report:
Stiletto Gorgona (i think 014):

we were playing with the default factions (spetsnaz vs insurgents i think)

1. Rifleman had access to long range radios.  
  2. Destroy AA mission spawned with OPFOR AA vehicle and INDEP force protection.  OPFOR was hostile to INDEP so they started engaging eachother
  3. JIP problem with task spawning.  Some units did some units did not have the rescue king task.
  4. The above mentioned mission spawned with both INDEP and OPFOR units in the AO.  Which started engaging each other.  

Stiletto Altis (i think 014):

1. the chairs in base are carryable via ace interaction.

3 hours ago, Stanhope said:
  • Destroy AA mission spawned with OPFOR AA vehicle and INDEP force protection.  OPFOR was hostile to INDEP so they started engaging eachother
  • JIP problem with task spawning.  Some units did some units did not have the rescue king task.
  • The above mentioned mission spawned with both INDEP and OPFOR units in the AO.  Which started engaging each other.  

This. Gorgona has issues with spawning some insurgents as OPFOR some as INDEP which leads to the enemies engaging each other. 
On top of this, I noticed with the rescue king mission (will attach screenshots of the aftermath later) that after the units broke out into a full scale firefight, they very shortly afterwards vanished altogether, which broke the mission and required a hash to resolve.

I might be missing something, but I have some hazy memories of some kind of UAV intel download mission.

As far as I know, it is a "Hold down space" kind of download. Is it possible to set it to "toggle" instead of "hold"? It's kind of annoying if you accidentally release the button during a very very long download sequence.

Version 015 is on the server now, in all 5 maps.

1. tweaks / fixes to hostages and extract asset missions
2. tweaks to civilian spawning / despawning mechanic (mission-specific hostages were accidentally being removed if you left a civilian area)
3. tweaked opfor spawning to try and deal with incorrect factions being spawned and then attacking each other
4. tweaked civilian talk mechanic for performance and correction
5. tweaked civilian spawn distance on Gorgona
6. fixed arsenal for eastern factions

Version 016 is on the server now, in all 5 maps.  This will probably be the last update for some time as I'm going on vacation in a bit, and I'll be focusing on some other Ahoyworld projects.

Changes:

1. updates to civilian talk system. Civilians will now only ask for 1L containers of Plasma, Saline or Blood.
2. fixes to stop action, civs should actually stop now.
3. update to map intel icons to reflect smaller map sizes.
4. arsenals tweaked to fix small bugs.
5. tweaked incidence of booby traps to reduce frequency of suicide vests.
6. Fixed squad leader ability to place rally points.

Version 017 is on the server now in all 5 maps. Updated thanks to the early release of Laws of War, and also to fix some annoying bugs.

Changes:

1. updates to arsenal and whitelist in relation to new content from Laws of War DLC (yes, the EOD suits are in, and the new UAVs are available for the UAV operator)
2. fixed ability to trade with civilians.
3. fixed an error in relation to civilians who spawn wounded.
4. updated civilian types to include new classes from Laws of War.