Stiletto Feedback Thread

I like Stiletto, it challanges the players more than Gauntlet and has another mentality on the mission types. Although Stiletto is in "early access" phase it's on a good way to become a stable concept for the future. But the people still need to adapt to it because it's a different concept.

8 Bozcada

Logi has no Logi arsenal

300 crate spawns a 600

Possible conflict between Infantry spawn and Vehicle spawn placeables; couldn't place Infantry in FOB after building two Vehicle, error message: "A FOB spawn point is present within 2000m. Aborted."

1: do not allow mission maker to carry c4. 2: stiletto is awesome and a good alternate to gauntlet

Sent from my iPhone using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

Stiletto has been updated to version 10. Didn't include notes for 9 I believe so here they all are:

change log 010

1. ported to Malden
2. Revised town detection method to ease load on server
3. Revised enemy camp mission to prevent overload of enemy spawning
4. Towns no longer spawn civilians if you fly over them, only if you are on foot or drive into them
5. Revised town cleanup when you leave the area, removes all civs, vehicles and other placed objects
6. Detecting a trap will now detect it for all players (word gets around!)
7. HVT is no longer unarmed.

change log 009

1. ported to Lythium and Altis
2. Lythium map changes: removed default plane spawn location, added JBAD guard house to main base.
3. added medical facility as spawnable Logi item.
4. Fixed logi spawn crate problems, and infantry spawn problems.
5. Removed backpack on chest functionality as it wasn't working properly.
6. Added civilian area threat level descriptors to top right of map.
7. Zeus players no longer automatically see civilian area threat levels, use mission control option to see.
8. Altis base is in Selakano. Medical center in base on Altis requires you to use the "Heal" action on the medic

To clarify, the HVT didn't despawn, but other bodies did faster than allowed us to have EOD check them for traps.

Malden and Lythium 11, heli spawner doesn't have an interaction, nor does the air repair pad. Didn't check ground vehicles.

Current default despawn time 480 seconds. Suggest how long you think it should be, keeping in mind that the longer that bodies stick around the potential impact it could have on server performance. 

Also mission critical bodies will never despawn. 

Under the current setup, is it possible to search a body, find that it's trapped, and then call EOD over to retrieve any possible intel?

I'm unsure whether a trap will explode immediately when found by a non-EOD player as I've been getting mixed messages from players.

Issue we had was we only had EOD checking bodies for fear of traps. If it was possible for anyone to check, but only for EOD to disarm a found trap to retrieve potential intel, then the body despawn wouldn't be an issue in my view.

Maybe up it to 600 secs (10mins)

just a little bit more time to do your thing, and not too much after all i guess so that it will impact server performance

sometimes searching the bodys takes a while longer because you are still fighting his friends of

29 minutes ago, Amentes said:

Under the current setup, is it possible to search a body, find that it's trapped, and then call EOD over to retrieve any possible intel?

I'm unsure whether a trap will explode immediately when found by a non-EOD player as I've been getting mixed messages from players.

Issue we had was we only had EOD checking bodies for fear of traps. If it was possible for anyone to check, but only for EOD to disarm a found trap to retrieve potential intel, then the body despawn wouldn't be an issue in my view.

i recomend having team leaders and engineers (and if they are ok with the risk) having regular infantery search the bodys but if a trap is found call either the eod or a engi over to deal with it (also establish a protocol where the medic is at some distance form the rest of the guys just in case somthing hapens, and call out over the radio if somthing is cooking). also one of the safest taktics is to have A boddy team search the bodys at the same time so both have time to escape if they find somthing they dont like. note that 78% (not offical numbers) of the time you wil not set it off.

edit note that checking trucks and cars is a difrent story there its recomended to have either the enginer or the eod checking it the trucks have a high chanse of going wrong in a catasropic manner

also this is all from my personal opservation

50 minutes ago, Ryko said:

Current default despawn time 480 seconds. Suggest how long you think it should be, keeping in mind that the longer that bodies stick around the potential impact it could have on server performance. 

Also mission critical bodies will never despawn. 

Can't explain it, but they did this time. My assumption would be there's some issue related to the pilots themselves not being tied to the mission as mission critical. Hence it not causing failure and them despawning.

3 hours ago, Amentes said:

The way it is now, if you detect a trap, the disarm option becomes available for all players. My assumption is that the soldier has reported it across the chain of command and everyone is made aware. I was initially hesitant to do this because of the situation where you kill a dude, search his body and find a trap, and leave him. Hours later, someone else comes along and magically knows there is a trap on him.  However there's no real better way and I'm satisfied with this method.

So: if you are NOT finding the disarm trap option after someone else has discovered a trap, then there is a bug to be tracked down.

When you search a body, two paths are considered: whether intel is detected, and whether a trap is discovered.  If a trap is discovered, you will be prevented from detecting intel because you have seen the trap and decided against further searching. If the trap has been detected by someone else, this will also be the default result (you can't force a trap to explode through reckless searching). If the trap is not discovered, there is a chance it is set off.

If the trap is not detected and doesn't go off, or there is no trap, we then move on to see if the player has detected intel.  So there is a chance that intel is detected, but the trap still sits there being dangerous.

Stiletto 01_012 is now on the server, available in the following maps: Altis, Lythium, Bozcaada, Malden, and now - Gorgona.

The most notable change is a review / revision of the role of pilots. Following up on a suggestion by Amentes which was intensely mulled over and discussed by Steering, we are altering how Air teams are configured.  Instead of two 2-man air teams, we are moving to 4 1-man air teams: Vortex-1, Vortex-2, Rambler-1, and Rambler-2. These pilots are available to command to allocate as needed: for infantry transportation, for close air support, and for use by Angel and Logi teams as required.  The slots unlock at every 9 players with the first one free - so you have 1 up to 8 players, 2 at 9-17 players, 3 at 18-26 players, and 4 at 27+ players.  Angel and Logi teams no longer have dedicated pilots, but get an extra rifleman for protection.

All pilot guidelines are still in effect: to use a two-seater CAS airframe, you must use two pilots (though technically, they do not have to be in the same Vortex / Rambler callsign).  CAS pilots must have command approval to use these vehicles, and must have authorization from command to engage targets.  A general priority is given on the server to transporting infantry: no one likes to sit around at base.

Other changes:

1. Changed CHVD spawn message placement/style.
2. Updated dynamic groups to reflect changes to Vortex / Logi / Angel, and the method by which dynamic group information is transmitted from the client to the server and vice versa "should" improve server performance.
3. fixes to spawned missions.
4. FINALLY fixed that bug where enemy camps continuously spawn at final mission.
5. Russian Desert faction loadout got a uniform instead of spawning in underwear.
6. Fixed/updated vehicle unstick code (every two minutes, Vehicles marooned because of arma AI drivers are bumped to give them a fighting chance at getting where they're going)
7. Ported Stiletto to Gorgona: default player faction is Russian Spetsnatz against CHdSK rebels.
8. Default timeout for bodies to disappear changed to 10 minutes.
9. Adjusted role selection screen in lobby to reflect unassigned (Yay CBA!)
10. Modified how civs spawn and despawn to improve performance.

Stiletto v013 now on the server and set for default.  Changes:

1. Updates to arsenal (no huge changes, just fixing things like pistols weren't showing up for Eastern factions).
2. spawned enemy vehicles now have a 50% chance of cooking off ammo.
3. Changed "black" civilian zone to brown to avoid confusion with unknown zones.
4. tweaked vehicle spawn initialization.
5. East/West MRAP vehicles now spawn with standard inventory.
6. tweaked how missions spawn to improve performance.
7. Civilians will not wander after dark and will be staying indoors.
8. Altis: added a few extra villages in some empty areas.

9. Tweaked map intel function so there won't be a pause when showing / hiding the threat level indicators.

10 minutes ago, Ryko said:

9. Tweaked map intel function so there won't be a pause when showing / hiding the threat level indicators.

This... I am very happy with ..

question. The hvt mission. Right now, when you kill him you always have to check his inventory to be sure it is the right person.

Is it possible to create something that when you have positive id on him, that i mean when you fully see him in yoir scope, that the mission will be succeeded?

I am asking this because it's a nice sniping mission, only problem (i had it this afternoon) is that when you kill him

on a distance you have to go there. And that was very hard when you are there with only a sniper(team) and have to encounter the patrols.

Or could be a nice side mission (not needed for the end mission to spawn). Nice to try when there are not that many people online

Is it possible to create something that when you have positive id on him, that i mean when you fully see him in yoir scope, that the mission will be succeeded?

Maybe in the future, but for right now the mission is designed this way so that the players just don't arty strike or carpet bomb the town he's in.