Stiletto Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

So would it be o.k. when the server is empty

Yep, that'd be fine. You'd need to go platoon commander to activate the Logistics squad, then change roles to one of the engineers.

14 hours ago, Ryko said:

Yep, that'd be fine. You'd need to go platoon commander to activate the Logistics squad, then change roles to one of the engineers.

Well I tried that this morning but still couldn’t get the logi to work. Could all spawn containers, except the FOB medical, load, transport etc but could not create any of the buildings etc. 

2 hours ago, Mad Eye Moody said:

Well I tried that this morning but still couldn’t get the logi to work. Could all spawn containers, except the FOB medical, load, transport etc but could not create any of the buildings etc. 

Are you able to get on right now?

If so I can try to help you.

Same here @Mad Eye Moody I'm a big fan of Logi if you want a lesson just give me a shout.  I had  a Tutorial  along with Zed From @Plant1ing and it was a big help and i enjoy setting up Fob's sometimes using some existing areas or sometimes completley from scratch especially when your on the server alone as facing the PLA on your own is not fun lol!

Just found out that at the Base on Tembelan the repair Hemmt is stuck inside the shed where it is spawned as its too tall and gets stuck and you cant get it out of the shed!. i was trying to use it to repair the medevac helo that someone had parked half on the shed roof!

On 5/26/2018 at 9:58 AM, BBFSGaming said:

Same here @Mad Eye Moody I'm a big fan of Logi if you want a lesson just give me a shout.  I had  a Tutorial  along with Zed From @Plant1ing and it was a big help and i enjoy setting up Fob's sometimes using some existing areas or sometimes completley from scratch especially when your on the server alone as facing the PLA on your own is not fun lol!

Hi BB thanks for the tutorial, it was most helpful. Your idea of a training video is a good one, along with an explanation of how the points system works, refreshes etc. Another  thought occurred to me that it may be helpful to planned missions if projected FOB locations and required equipment where posted on the forum. Then us with time to spare could beaver away and build them up. 

Your most Welcome, thats how i learnt.  I've thought about that before but it doesnt work as generally the server get hashed before a game night (then dies when we all try to squad up at once lol! #blame@Mouldy !!) so Any work you do before would get deleted, and at the end of the day it is down to platcom or ASL if they want a Logi and a FOB setup, and everyone that does it has a different opinion of how and what they want to do.

Faction Request

Chedaki and Middle Eastern insurgents to play as, would be real fun.

EDIT: No, I don't think it will be fun so we can run around screaming Allahu Akbar and shit, but instead so we can build hidden away FOBs inside caves, cliffsides and valleys as we attempt to run sabotage and attack missions on a much more powerful force etc etc.

Feature Request(s)

• Make Vortex 1 open up at 8 players, instead of 0. IIRC the slot opens at 0 players to provide transport and reinserts quickly on large maps, so no excessive driving is required. Now that we have the Rally Point system, we don't need a Vortex at such ridiculously low player counts.
  • If possible, could spawning on the rally point actually spawn you with the gear you died using? That way rally points are a bit more balanced and fair, since you can't just spam-spawn gear into the AO. For example, if your medic is running low on supplies, instead of scavenging gear, returning to base or calling in a supply drop, ASL could simply throw down a rally and allow the Medic to respawn on it will full supplies. This is an extreme example, but even in actual combat the rally point can be seen used in this particular way. Such as; your Squad is out of AT, again, instead of scavenging or calling in a supply drop, your AT/LAT can just throw himself at contact and die to then respawn fully loaded. I think this idea could make AOs a lot more interesting and supply drops, FOBs and RTBs a lot more viable and necessary, rather than just for fun.

Wait, you want to increase the use of a system that is according to yourself, in the post you just made, prone to abuse?  
If anything I'd think the rally point should be locked as soon as a vortex is on or as soon as we have more than 8 people as by that time someone should have gone vortex. And yes please let's have vortex from 0 players on.  In my opinion the first 2 slots that should be filled are, in this order: ASL and vortex.  Even if you don't need vortex to fly you in he'll be able to: scout out hostiles, provide CAS, protect against enemy air assets, search and destroy artillery/mortars, fly in supplies, fly over objectives (like the comms tower), ...

And if the second thing you describe ever gets common occurrence I personally think either someone needs to be banned from taking command or rally points should be removed.

I think having no Vortex makes people value their lives more. Because of this I like the idea of having it locked until a certain amount of players is reached that makes it more reasonable to use. Also there are plenty of other ways to get to the AO like Boats or Cars that do take longer but often not a lot. Also I would for these ones rather have someone in LOGI constantly reinforcing the troops in the AO instead of a Vortex since it just seems to fit these small numbers of people a lot better.

And I don´t like rallypoints aswell but if you are online with just two people, I must agree that they are helpfull. They are even helpfull for immersion then since you are at least not constantly bringing more and more vehicles to the AO what would happen if you would have no designated driver.

Vortex open at 0 players doesn't exact provoke teamwork. I see the value of Vortex on the server, but not when there is less than 8 ground units.

57 minutes ago, Stanhope said:

Wait, you want to increase the use of a system that is according to yourself, in the post you just made, prone to abuse?

I want to refine it Stan, I personally wouldn't use rally points with a Vortex on, but the changes I just described are a perfect middle-grounds. The Rally system will have downsides (limited gear) and therefore encourage the use of Vortex since you can't rely on the rally points forever.

What you're asking for is to redefine the default standard of the mission. I would argue the majority of players would prefer a Vortex at 0-8 players. If you want to try it out and see if your theory is sound, go into Plat Co and remove Vortex as a group.

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

If you want to try it out and see if your theory is sound, go into Plat Co and remove Vortex as a group.

I have tried but I cannot remove the slot, I didn't report it as a bug as I figured it was intentional.

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

What you're asking for is to redefine the default standard of the mission.

What I'm asking for is the removal of a feature that is no longer required due to the implementation of another.

The units on the Middle Eastern Insurgents factions spawn with empty gear, meaning they have nothing in their inventory.

When i was Zeus yesterday, i took control of several units of this faction, and some of them (not all) had only their rifle with the mag attached to it with empty clothes. They could not reload or throw grenades, which limits their fighting abilities.

I have 15 minutes before I need to go do something else and nothing particular to do during that time so I figured i'd list all the feature requests i've made that haven't been answered yet.  Now I don't really care what the answer is, I'd just like one :)

Airburst HE rockets

Spoiler

"A script that allows vanilla and mod ammunition to have an airburst capability added like the old MAAWS had:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/210503-release-airburst-he/"

Weather changer

Spoiler

"Could we maybe, possible get the ability to change the weather from the mission board in base?  (Only as platco or ASL obviously)  It's kind of annoying that when you're standing on the edge of the freedom and you can't see the water.  And if no moderator is on we're stuck with skipping days ahead till we can actually see something."

Rhino

Spoiler

"Could we maybe possibly get the rhino as a vehicle for some of the blufor factions? (If we haven't already, i don't actually know )

Classnames:
normal: B_AFV_Wheeled_01_cannon_F

normal tanoa camo: B_T_AFV_Wheeled_01_cannon_F

UP armored: B_AFV_Wheeled_01_up_cannon_F

UP armored tanoa: B_T_AFV_Wheeled_01_up_cannon_F"

Gorgon

Spoiler

"Could we have the gorgon (with NATO camo) as a spawnable vehicle for BLUFOR?  It looks a lot like the piranha DF30 and it's basically a carbon copy of the Pandur II.

Both of which are used by NATO forces."

And a brand new vehicle request:
Strider/Fennek:

Spoiler

The strider strikes remarking resemblance to the Fennek.  The fennek is being used by the dutch armed forced, the German armed forces and the Qatari Armed Forces.  It's (at least according to wikipedia) being used in Afghanistan.  So it'd fit in with the NATO forces if given the BLUFOR camo arma has to offer for it.
We also already have the vanilla M-ATV (hunter) in the vehicle list and they are very comparable in areas of durability, handling, ...

Classnames:
I_MRAP_03_F, I_MRAP_03_hmg_F, I_MRAP_03_gmg_F

Camo:

//Body
_vehicle setObjectTextureGlobal [0,'\A3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa']; 

//Turret
_vehicle setObjectTextureGlobal [1,'\A3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa']; 

Again, just looking for a yes or no, not trying to press any buttons and I don't really care what the answer is.

Feature Request: Jochem's script for goggles and visors

Jochem writ a simple script a long while back and I think it was requested before. It simply allows the player to attach or remove his combat goggles to and from his helmet. Additionally, the same script can be applied to helicopter pilot visors as they can be toggled up or down.

The script should work on all RHS helmets that contain a specific phrase in the calssname, this includes Russian Army helmets Air Force helmets.

It's extremely basic with no notable flaw whatsoever. It certainly increases realism and immersion, but more importantly, it's just a cool aesthetic feature that could even help in combat (i.e removing goggles from helmet onto face in action and returning them to the helmet when ready).