Stiletto Feedback Thread

16 minutes ago, Ryko said:

Civilian vehicles spawn with random amounts of damage; some are fine, some are busted up.

I tried to partially repair the truck as an engineer. After it failed, i did a full repair with the repair truck. The truck continued to leak after this. So i moved it to a repair spot in an FOB and did a servicing.

After this, the truck still leaked heavily. Maybe it was a isolated incident. I will continue to check this to see if this bug reappear.

On 5/5/2018 at 7:30 AM, ShadowAce11 said:

FEATURE REQUEST: New mission - ambush.

So - love the idea.  There are of course a few elements that make this concept a bit harder to execute than may be initially seen as straightforward.

1) personnel starting as wounded - Arma isn't consistent when it comes to applying wounds properly. In the initial version of the "rescue pilots" mission, it was just a one-stage mission of finding the wounded pilots, and bringing them back to base.  Sometimes, the pilots wouldn't be wounded; sometimes they'd be dead.

2) moving around non-player personnel - it's kind of working in the "Peace Talks" mission, but adding non-players to player groups isn't (to my mind) the best option. In the mission you're proposing however, it seems that's the only way it'd work, to get the AI to behave reliably (otherwise you'll have to cable tie them in order to load them into vehicles).

3) Essentially this is a modification of the "extract asset" mission (rescue Bishop, rescue Joker, etc) so you could feasibly extend on that mission, if it was a case of then needing to bring that non-player asset to another location for mission success.  The original version of the extract asset mission worked that way - you had to bring him from point A to point B, rather than back to base- but I started running into exceptions where you'd establish where point A was successfully, but the logic in finding a reasonable point B failed.  So it was easier to just bring the asset back to base.

At this point, I'm putting a hold on elaborate development of Stiletto and concentrating on other activities (such as the pub server mission) - I will continue to support Stiletto in terms of bug fixes and feature updates, but ultimately, the mission is (I think) about as far as it can reasonably go before additional features will start to impact on the performance of the server.  If people want to extend upon what I've done, I'm happy to help in a support capacity.

- R

The free IDAP mission from I&A could possibly be converted into stiletto without too much work.  It's 4 IDAP guys being held hostage in an IDAP tent.  IDAP guys are tied up and the only objective in I&A is to free them.  For stilleto it could be expanded to bring them to base as well.  But in essence it's the same mission as rescue bishop, joker, ...

Vehicle request

We need something like CRV-6e Bobcat aka Nemmera ARV (as it's actually and truthfully called within our modset) with the bulldozer shovel to actually push stuff around, like unlucky plane wrecks off the airfield runway or tragic helicopter wrecks around the base (yeah, that shit happens).

Thing is, we have no way to despawn them other than through the actual vehicle spawn, but you have to push it there.

I can only use tanks right now, but their hitbox usually causes them to flip themselves, so I have to spawn yet another tank to unflip the previous one and try to finish pushing the wreck without flipping again. Since I changed my gameplay to first person only, it's now even harder to control the tank in a way that it doesn't flip when pushing stuff. From what I've tried with Bobcat (also seen on the server with Zeus assistance), it works just fine, without flipping.

Or... this script.

I know that a base cleanup script for wrecks could work (or just interaction menu to remove the actual wreck), but then again, whitelisting an existing vehicle and using that vehicle to clean the stuff seems more immersive and interesting.

So in general, it might be a good dedicated Logi vehicle. It can also refuel other vehicles as well, through the ACE interaction menu.

You could also implement a script that makes it spawn a "rampart" (least that's the name of it in Logi structures menu) in front of it without needing any "resource points" crate.

The bulldozer shovel can be actually animated via scripting (source: wiki), so there could be a possibility of maybe creating a scrollwheel option to raise/lower the shovel.

Spoiler

Found this

DFUNC(isBobCat) = {
    private _veh = vehicle CLib_Player;
    if !(_veh isKindOf "B_APC_Tracked_01_CRV_F") exitWith {false};
    if !(driver _veh == CLib_Player) exitWith {false};
    true
};

[
    "Lower Plow",
    CLib_Player,
    {call FUNC(isBobCat) && (vehicle CLib_player) animationSourcePhase "MovePlow" == 0},
    {
        (vehicle CLib_player) animateSource ["MovePlow", 1];
    }, ["showWindow", false, "ignoredCanInteractConditions", ["isNotInVehicle"]]
] call CFUNC(addAction);

[
    "Raise Plow",
    CLib_Player,
    {call FUNC(isBobCat) && (vehicle CLib_player) animationSourcePhase "MovePlow" == 1},
    {
        (vehicle CLib_player) animateSource ["MovePlow", 0];
    }, ["showWindow", false, "ignoredCanInteractConditions", ["isNotInVehicle"]]
] call CFUNC(addAction);

Also as seen in Remnants of War campaign, the turret can somehow be removed, which would repurpose the vehicle to a true Logi vehicle and reduce the likelihood of it being misused as actual fighting vehicle.

Spoiler

Found this, not sure if there's anything better than this and not sure if this can be used with the vehicle spawns. 

if (local this) then  
{ 
 this removeWeaponTurret ["LMG_RCWS", [0]];  
 this lockTurret [[0], true];  
 this animate ["HideTurret", 1]; 
};

As a bonus (or actually the main purpose?), it could be used as EOD vehicle, as it appears to be working very well with removing unexploded AP mines and with the shovel lowered (script), it should be able to disable AT mines as well. (Honestly, I started having trouble with replicating the removal of AT mines without taking damage. I am not into scripting, especially not in ArmA 3, but general idea would be - if plow lowered AND moving forward then disable damage from AT/AP mines.

That could lead into more interesting missions (I know that's currently on hold)...

Spoiler

...where you have to get rid of unexploded ordnance like minefields and so on, to either finish the objective, or to actually get to the objective itself.

It would provide a choice:

- bring a slow but armored vehicle for clearing the path in the minefield (+ have to set up FOB if the base is remotely on an island or a ship) which will take time,

- use the actual engineer at hand, which could be faster, but actual defusing might take longer time and there is a risk of losing the engineer in an explosion.

In either case, there should be something that prevents destroying the mines by just shooting at them or throwing explosives. Basically true minefield - spacing large enough that a single grenade will explode 1, max 2 mines. And some kind of cover, so you cannot just snipe them from a distance.

On 5/6/2018 at 2:12 PM, Joebillibob said:

I tried to partially repair the truck as an engineer. After it failed, i did a full repair with the repair truck. The truck continued to leak after this. So i moved it to a repair spot in an FOB and did a servicing.

After this, the truck still leaked heavily. Maybe it was a isolated incident. I will continue to check this to see if this bug reappear.

I can now confirm this is actually an issue in the end. Not even Ural, but also KamAZ and who knows what else. Stole one from a roaming civie (looked like insurgent, not sure), serviced it (FOB), went to nearby town to gather intel, returned back and the fuel was almost empty. Freshly serviced and refuelled vehicle.

Edit: Even after refuelling it again, by the time I wrote this post, lot of fuel has leaked already.

Also, there's a small bug on Stratis - middle bridge of Agia Marina periodically spawns a vehicle underneath it. They don't explode, but they get damaged as hell every time, since they are stuck in the bridge. No tires and smoking.

That's weird, all services always repair, refuel and rearm. Be it planes service, helicopters service or vehicles service.

Spoiler

image.png

I shot this vehicle's fuel tank, serviced it, it got repaired. Worked with random Ural off the street once before as well. It's just... Some of them get repaired, some of them just don't.

If I ever come across a leaking vehicle again, I will try to specifically ace-repair the fuel tank, but I just have doubts that there will be such interaction available after I'm done servicing it.

6 minutes ago, Cellhawk said:

That's weird, all services always repair, refuel and rearm. Be it planes service, helicopters service or vehicles service.

I agree, or we are being lied to when the server says "repair complete" ?

Could syndicat be added to the list of enemy factions we can fight?  Not necessarily to the random faction list but at least as a selectable option so moderators can select them if we wanted to fight them.

5 minutes ago, Cellhawk said:

But... Don't they use vanilla weapons?

Yes, yes they do.   Hence the not adding to the randomizer, which is the option selected by default.  That way, if we're fighting them it's because a moderator has made us fight them.

EDIT: By the way, anything wrong with vanilla weapons?

Edited by Stanhope

1 hour ago, J0hnson said:

[FEATURE REQUST]

Change the default camouflage of the Blackfish from Olive to Blue, looks more like the USMC MV-22 Osprey then, but futuristic.

@Ryko:

_blackfishCamo = ['a3\air_f_exp\VTOL_01\data\VTOL_01_EXT01_blue_CO.paa','a3\air_f_exp\VTOL_01\data\VTOL_01_EXT02_blue_CO.paa','a3\air_f_exp\VTOL_01\data\VTOL_01_EXT03_blue_CO.paa','a3\air_f_exp\VTOL_01\data\VTOL_01_EXT04_blue_CO.paa'];

for "_i" from 0 to 3 do {
    _vehicle setObjectTextureGlobal[_i, (_blackfishCamo select _i)];
};

Feature Request, Ace Jerry Cans.

Over the last couple days, We've been in a situation where a Jerry can would have been really fucking useful, and since Ace actually comes with Jerry cans, i figure there would be little harm in adding them to the logi menu.

Maybe they could even be added in all vechs as default cargo, but that might be a little more involved to code.

"Land_CanisterFuel_F"

just by spawning the object it has the refuel and carrying mechanics etc built into the object, and it comes pre-loaded with fuel ready to use.

Or even, this could replace the "use emergency fuel" ace interact option, it would just spawn you a jerry can, and it could be added to ground vechs as well :D

On 5/8/2018 at 5:57 PM, Ryko said:

Yup, I like it. ACE historically didn't have these, must have been recently added. It'd be nice if they could be made as player inventory items as well, but that's probably a stretch.

they are player inventory  items on most exile servers so it may be possible,maybe not for me but probably for you @Ryko ?