Stiletto Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Joebillibob said:

Stilletto 054

During final mission peace talk, the objective spawned in the bottom right of the map, far in the ocean. 

Did the actual mission spawn out there or did the marker just go out there? Often we get missions where the marker buggers off to a corner of the map and you have a real hard time of finding the mission location.

49 minutes ago, Minipily said:

Did the actual mission spawn out there or did the marker just go out there? Often we get missions where the marker buggers off to a corner of the map and you have a real hard time of finding the mission location.

To be honest, we did not went to check it out.

STILETTO_Tembelan_01_054

Boat spawn: There is no option to spawn Assault Boats (like the Rescue Boat but black) and there still is an empty space that has the spawn option on it but doesn´t spawns anything after confirming. Also this isn´t related to the player-role.

Edited by Noah_Hero
Removed attachments to free up space

37 minutes ago, Joebillibob said:

Are the new tanks will be added to the servers? Or we will not be adding dlc only vehicules?

Well they probably won't but it would be nice if some were. The Weazel tank fits a really niche role that would be cool to see more on EU3 cough cough recon. It comes in an olive colour too so you don't need the shitty AAF camo.

The Tank Destroyer would be cool too but I don't expect that getting added, obviously same goes for the Armata. The Merkava would be nice, it's certainly a blufor vehicle but once again, I just doubt it. The Bobcat would be nice provided it could give ammo to vehicles in Ace, I think it might, It'd certainly be a good vehicle for Logi to assist forces with ammo resupply as well as provide EOD. Once again, will we see it?

I think the MAAWs would be nice though, at least the Mod 0, it's pretty nicely detailed. The Mod 1 would probably just get aboosed as it has a built in rangefinder.

Prowler AT variant will probably be added but given the community I could see it get abused, obvious aboose aside though it would be a nice tool for smaller teams.

That's about all from what I can see, vanilla has some nice stuff to use on AWE but I highly doubt we'd ever see it.

27 minutes ago, Minipily said:

That's about all from what I can see, vanilla has some nice stuff to use on AWE but I highly doubt we'd ever see it.

Could i know why? 

I mean if there is a majority of players wanting theses new assets, why not implement it?

I could see that other players not having the DLCs would be a point against having them in the server, but it would not be detrimental to others.

2 minutes ago, Joebillibob said:

Could i know why? 

I mean if there is a majority of players wanting theses new assets, why not implement it?

I could see that other players not having the DLCs would be a point against having them in the server, but it would not be detrimental to others.

Because in some cases it's not been about what the players wanted.

You'd have to talk to the boss, I'm just saying that some of these things will probably not be added considering they haven't been added in the past or at least lasted long. I guess that's what you get when people think 2035 technology is the same as HALO Reach despite 2035 technology in ArmA 3 being pretty darn realistic to what advances we have at this present minute.

DLC has thrown us back in some cases, there was a poll to add Tanoa as a map for Stilletto and it won the poll some 25-30+ > 1, yet we never got it. A shame considering how fun the map is, I've done some milsim events on it in my time and it works a dream.

28 minutes ago, Minipily said:

DLC has thrown us back in some cases, there was a poll to add Tanoa as a map for Stilletto and it won the poll some 25-30+ > 1, yet we never got it. A shame considering how fun the map is, I've done some milsim events on it in my time and it works a dream.

I saw the poll about the Tanoa map, and even if i want to see the map on the rotation, i undertand why it was not added.

Not everyone have the Apex DLC, and i understand that it would piss off people who doesn't have it. It was mentionned that it would be used in certain game night tho.

That's different for the vehicules DLC, which can be used even if others don't possess the expansions.

I guess a poll would be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Joebillibob said:

I saw the poll about the Tanoa map, and even if i want to see the map on the rotation, i undertand why it was not added.

Not everyone have the Apex DLC, and i understand that it would piss off people who doesn't have it. It was mentionned that it would be used in certain game night tho.

That's different for the vehicules DLC, which can be used even if others don't possess the expansions.

I guess a poll would be a good idea.

Perhaps, moreover I'm sure a Zues online would give you such toys provided whoever is in charge is okay with it. It's been like that before with the IDAP testing which was pretty darn fun.

1 minute ago, Amentes said:

It's very much worth noting that adding Vanilla stuff into an RHS environment isn't a good recipie for a balanced experience.

Load up Dev Branch, take the vanilla MAAWS, shoot at an Abrams for a bit. You'll see what I mean.

This is true, hopefully they may get somewhat balanced for each other in the future.

1 minute ago, Amentes said:

It's very much worth noting that adding Vanilla stuff into an RHS environment isn't a good recipie for a balanced experience.

Load up Dev Branch, take the vanilla MAAWS, shoot at an Abrams for a bit. You'll see what I mean.

Is it the same thing with the vehicules? Or are they more balanced if mixed with RHS stuff?

1 minute ago, Joebillibob said:

Is it the same thing with the vehicules? Or are they more balanced if mixed with RHS stuff?

Haven't tested it extensively yet, but again the track record kinda speaks for itself.

One area where no testing is required to prove the discrepancy is in the sighting systems for various weapon systems.

RHS doesn't give you the nicely pristine and wide field of view sights with an extreme magnification range.

Stiletto 055 has been loaded onto the server on all 6 maps.

CHANGE LOG 055
1. Added flavour helmets for pilots, removed SAR-21 rifles. PRC152/FADAK radios now properly restricted to Corporal and above. The arsenal will still probably eat your radios from saved loadouts, so always check you have a radio before you leave base.
2. Added Single & Double flood lights to Logi spawnable items. Note that they can be turned off via ACE interaction, but they cannot be reactivated if you do this (blame ACE).
3. Changed Fog dynamic: Fog will not improve or disperse over time to avoid Arma's wonky fog mechanics.
4. All HVTs / human objectives will now automatically surrender if you point your gun at them and use the Stop action (within 20m).
5. Tweaks to rally point deployment to fix spawning errors.
6. Dogs can no longer bite you through vehicles.
7. Admin Show FPS command shows server & HC units being controlled by server & HC.
8. Fix to USMC Squad layout (thanks Plant1ng), and update to BAF Squad layout (thanks GhostDragon)

9. In all missions, OPFOR will support themselves a bit better (groups will no longer blindly patrol when another group is attacked)

10. Fixes to capture/kill HVT missions, HVT fleeing area refined and mission fail conditions refined
11. Fix to Deploy Comm array mission (enemy reinforcements were not being summoned, thus mission could not complete)
12. Inanimate objects will no longer complain about you searching them (thanks Moonfire)
13. Enemies who are restrained/surrendered now properly referred to as Enemy rather than Civilian, and different interaction options are available in talk menu (ie., you can't trade with them)
14. Boat spawn options cleaned up; assault boats added
15. Tembelan island rocks deleted where AI were able to walk through them.

I know that the "Vehicle is too far away" error with the pylon menu on the heli pad is out of your control because its an ace feature. But could you maybe increase the range of the whiteboard? so i can stand nexto the heli and still interact with the whiteboard? Some maps (i think its malden's that does this) put the whiteboard out of range of the heli, so you have to move it closer.

13 hours ago, hobnob11 said:

I know that the "Vehicle is too far away" error with the pylon menu on the heli pad is out of your control because its an ace feature. But could you maybe increase the range of the whiteboard? so i can stand nexto the heli and still interact with the whiteboard? Some maps (i think its malden's that does this) put the whiteboard out of range of the heli, so you have to move it closer.

I'd agree with this 100%

I've had situations where I can't load the vehicle because "vehicle it too far away" but if I stand further away from the whiteboard so my physical character is closer to the aircraft, it then loads just fine.

Stiletto 055:

Issue 1: Kill HVT AO. If the HVT is killed by players, and if for some time (maybe cleanup script) the body has not been identified, the body can't be identified but it will stay on the ground. So entity of body is there but the entity for checking if that is our objective is not there. Task can't be completed. If we remember this correctly, Gamenight 9th this March (Malden) also had the same problem. We killed him but we weren't sure where did we killed it. There were smoke around to check bodies but we couldn't identify it (holding space).

Issue 2: Spawn point spawned by SLs is bugged and spawns at bottom left corner. Tent animation is at it's location where the spawn point has been put down. https://imgur.com/a/MgceL

Issue 3: Intel reviewing over the LR says that somebody else is also reviewing the Intel at same time which is not true. More info as I test it more.

EDIT: I'm pleased to say that AO deploy Comm Array worked flawlessly. IT spawned additional mechanized infantry and continued in noticeable timeline.

Edited by Plant1ing
added picture