Stiletto Feedback Thread

31 minutes ago, Joebillibob said:

I have been noticing, since version 0.50, a small issue that i don't know if it was already known. When being assigned to a team color by team leader, it sometimes randomly reset itself to no color on certain players.

It's been going on for a while now, it's usually when someone new joins the squad/server.  AFAIK there isn't a fix yet.  

It was even an issue before the squad system, it's an issue that occurs when the person that assigned the colours leaves the team. The fix I used to use was letting people self assign through ace, a feature that's no longer available unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, GhostDragon said:

It was even an issue before the squad system, it's an issue that occurs when the person that assigned the colours leaves the team. The fix I used to use was letting people self assign through ace, a feature that's no longer available unfortunately.

Unfortunately it isn´t just that easy. Because the colors also vanish without said person leaving. For example (as Stan described) when someone joins any team.

44 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

Unfortunately it isn´t just that easy. Because the colors also vanish without said person leaving. For example (as Stan described) when someone joins any team.

You don't even need to join or leave or anything. Last game night, it happened without anyone dying or spawning in the fireteam.

STILETTO_LYTHIUM_01_051:

Mission-marker-bug: When shrinking the AO with Intel the marker is moved to the 0,0 temporary object-spawn

respawn-bug: When getting killed you get thrown on the map with the remark "Arsenal" on the top-left (instead of "Stiletto_<number>_<map>_<version>"

rally-points & artillerybug: both can still be used by unassigned units and seem not to work for ASL.

Radio- & scopebug: Even following your advice on how to save the loadouts to make them keep the radios and scopes it still takes them away (Tried it with: keeping the default loadout, entering the Arsenal, exiting the Arsenal (scope & radio still present), re-entering the arsenal, saving the loadout, exiting the arsenal (scope & radio still present), re-entering the arsenal, loading a different loadout, exiting the arsenal, re-entering the Arsenal, loading the previously saved default loadout -> scope and radio where removed)

STILETTO_BOZCAADA_01_051:

Boat-spawn: We couldn´t spawn Rhibs (it was not in the list but there was just an empty space between the assault-boat and the motorboat where most likely the option to select the Rhib should´ve been; it was possible to "select" that empty space and click "spawn unarmed" but nothing would happen).

Edited by Noah_Hero

Please note that 052 is the most recent version, and while bug reports are fine, I am not developing on version 051.

I have explored fixes for radios being eaten by the arsenal, and it's not possible with our version of TFAR and how ACE parses the arsenal.  Apparently the TFAR 1.0 beta has support for the ACE arsenal, but until they've ironed out their audio issues and produce a version which doesn't have the horrible clipping issue we're stuck where we are.

Short version: check your loadout before you exit the arsenal and ensure you have the radio and scope you desire.

18 minutes ago, J0hnson said:

Civilians seem to be non-stop sprinting around everywhere and only some respond to the stop command. We had only just entered the town on foot.

What was the security level of the town? Civilian's don't guaranteed stop any more, they'll run away if they're scared of BLUFOR.

Stiletto 053 has been uploaded to the server.

CHANGE LOG 053
1. Fixed error in intel review.
2. Complete overhaul of Ambient AI & Ambient Civilians and how these functions interact with the Headless Client. Ambient OPFOR units have traditionally been run by the HC: to improve performance, Ambient Civilians are also now run by the HC (if it's available).
3. Fixed rally point deployment.
4. Slight raise to logistics crates: 350 for small box, 700 for large box.
5. Added scroll action to logistics crates, crate may be destroyed (useful for clearing away clutter, especially when the resource points are exhausted).
6. Fixes to FOB infantry spawn point, including arsenal which didn't disappear (it now does).
7. Another attempt to fix team colors staying as configured, this attempt is a bit more brute force but it "should" work.
8. Revised diary to update Stiletto game mode rules, and added description of dynamic groups.
9. Applied mission end fixes to Capture UAV mission and Hostage Rescue mission.
10. Tweaks to civilian ambient vehicles to prevent explosioning.

Pretty sure this happened before the new version you just posted, but both today and on Friday when you where Vortex, Capture HVT Missions have been spawning hvt's without the "confirm this asset" interaction, the mission still completes when you take this person back to base, but its easy to mistake him for a civi

Stiletto 054 has been released across all maps.

CHANGE LOG 054
1. Tweak to weather, fog should be slightly less severe in worst cases.
2. Tweaks to ambient OPFOR spawning in relation to its move to the HC.
3. Added new Stryker and LAV-25 vehicles to vehicle spawn menu.
4. Fix to vehicle service/spawning area where vehicles weren't able to be deleted, and wouldn't reload ammunition completely.
5. Added new option to allow command player/admin to switch player faction and reset all vehicles/squad layout. Must be performed with all players present in the command building. Currently available for BLUFOR only.

Issue

Misison: Stiletto Lythium 01_054

Number of AOs present: 2

Description of issue: After taking Intel as Intel Operative from civilians, I've retrieved three intel. First was and only in intel carried a "hanful of notes". After reviewing mentioned intel, it shrank space of it. I've continued to gather intel from two that were wounded. I've picked up intel, than bandaged them. In my inventory i had two intel carried: a couple of photographs and second was something else (it wasn't radio, notes, or gps; maybe it was single photo but I can't be certain). I've started with that "something else" which bugged out the location of AO "Destroy Cache November", which was far south from my current N location ( the area was east from only green circle on map and it was taking part of green circle). The AO bugged out and changed its location to left down corner.

on to last intel. At first Xroads said that intel is garbage. Then I've reviewed same intel again (a couple of photographs) and it updated same AO Destroy Cache November, the one in South, retaining same position, lower left corner and shrinking space.

QST: Is it possible that intel is area dependent? If I gather intel near or in radius of certain AO, it will only effect that intel. Maybe that's the reason it bugs out other AOs.

QST: What about intel subject as type dependent? Radio and gps for AOs : Capture Papa and Eliminate November; photographs and notes for Camps and caches?

LINK: I've attached map of particular AO for better understanding. Red "Picasso" circles are where the AO should be.

UPDATE:

-4th intel  well leafed notebook: Retrieve enemy supply crate: shrank correctly

-5th intel hastly drawn notes : Retrieve enemy supply crate: shrank correctly.

*one of intel is showing as "any" - i don't recall having or receiving that - maybe it was that "garbage from before" = it reviewed "any" and reported as garbage.

-6th intel flashdrive: Retrieve enemy supply crate : shrank correctly.

-7th intel flashdrive :Retrieve enemy supply crate : shrank correctly.

-8th intel smartphone:

-9th intel smartphone

NOTE:from 5 to 7 intel i was reviewing them immediately after i pick them up. Intel 8 and 9 were first picked up, then reviewed at same time

NOTE: as you can see in attachment "any" showed after i've picked up 8th and 9th intel

REJOIN same location. I think civilians are resupplying with intel, which is nice (probably new spawneers)

-10th intel - mobile phone:

-11th intel - a couple of photograhs:

NOTE: gathering 10th and 11th I was trying to recreate after my dc but the intel didn't do anything. it said I have those two intel, but I couldn't review them. I have option only to check intel

12th intel - well-leafed notebook:

NOTE: now I have three intel in my possession, but I don't have an option to review them at all. The check intel self-option now has showing: mobile phone, a couple of photographs, "any", and a well-leafed notebook.

--Thanks to my ISP and DC  I haven't reviewed Intel from smartphones. So this test remains pending.

QST: maybe it bugs out as how much intel you carry and in what order are you using it. Maybe one-by-one approach should not bug out AOs

QST: Is it possible to limit how many times AO can be shrinked? the 6th intel changed the location of AO. Maybe it couldn't represent it on map on pinpoint location, so it changed its location?

UPDATE: Minipily (vortex slot) helped me out with intel tranfer. So I gave him 5 pieces of intel + 3 "any". He reviewed one of intel but nothing happened. After checking one intel he transfered remaining intel back to me. I was still unable to review it. So when intel bugs out, it bugs out to all roles

https://imgur.com/a/qitWM

Edited by Plant1ing
intel is serious business

Hey @Plant1ing

Some information on your quest to understand intel:

1) The intel types are "flavour text", one type doesn't correlate to a specific task (whether it's a GPS tracker, a stash of crumpled notes, a radio, doesn't matter).

2) Intel relates to all tasks at any given time: including past succeeded/failed tasks. Getting new intel after you've completed a task, that intel could relate to that completed task. After 051 intel review should be more specific about what task the intel related to.

3) There is a greater chance when reviewing intel that the intel will relate to the closest task.

4) I added the return of "intel is garbage" to try and deal with the fact that somehow, somewhere, intel is getting bugged. I'm trying to identify and lock down all the sources of intel so that they are all in the same format and that method was supposed to be an exclusion process so that if the intel code isn't processed successfully, it completes gracefully and doesn't leave the AO unchecked.  Obviously there's still a problem.

What would be really helpful would be to examine your intel periodically after you collect it.  Right now, you can collect intel from the following sources:

1) Trading with civilians

2) Searching restrained civilians, or dead civilian bodies

3) Searching restrained enemies, or dead enemy bodies

4) Searching vehicles, caches, spawn camp crates

5) receiving intel from other players.

If at any point you receive or see the result of "any" then that'd help me identify what's causing the error.

Yeah Ryko, but I've written the procedure and when "any" happened. So I've reviewed intel from civilians (only trading in this test) and in the procedure. I had two intel, when i reviewed it, it said it was garbage and spawned "any" in check intel list. So from two I had three intel if we count "any".

FEATURE REQUEST

"Static Line Drop" scroll option that works similarly to the parachute option we already have, except this option would apply the D-6 parachute onto the player and deploy it automatically as soon as they have left the vehicle (if thats possible?).

Both options could be available for different scenarios. Yes, the static line is less effective, but still fun. Plus it keeps everyone together.

I specify the D-6 parachute due to the fact that it's non-steerable and therefore more commonly used within standard airborne forces, making it way more suitable for a static line.