Stiletto Feedback Thread

8 minutes ago, hobnob11 said:

Arsenal:

Radio Stealing:

- Steps to reproduce:

1: Equip a radio, exit arsenal, confirm radio still equipped, re-open arsenal.
      2: Save that loadout, exit arsenal, confirm you still have radio.

3: Open Arsenal again, load the loadout, confirm both in the arsenal and out of it that the radio is now gone.

- Tested 3 times both with the scroll wheel and the ace interact.

The only way I managed to make this work is following:

- Open arsenal

- Do your business

- Make sure you're on the communications tab

- Make sure the selected radio is highlighted

- Then leave the arsenal

On 17.2.2018 at 12:19 PM, hobnob11 said:

Scope / Attachment Stealing:

- Unable to reproduce, but happened to me yesterday, I load my standard loadout, quick save it using the ace interact, get into the heli, as soon as i get off the heli I notice i no longer have a scope. I realise this doesn't help you much in figuring out what causes this, but I can confirm it does still (rarely) happen.

I tried to reproduce this issue and it is not always happening because it seems to not affect all scopes but the ones it affects are constantly getting removed. I know for a fact that it affects the M145 scopes, the M150 ACOGs and the AN/PVQ-31 ACOGs. To reproduce this it is pretty much the same as with the radios I think.

On 2/17/2018 at 6:19 AM, hobnob11 said:

Radio Stealing:

So I've confirmed the radio issue, but I couldn't reproduce the scope issue.

The only thing I can suggest is that it's somehow related to how ACE handles the setting of variables, in that the arsenal may be loaded before all the variables are properly set. For scopes, try closing the arsenal and re-opening it before dealing with a loadout, the variables should be set properly by the second time.

For the radios, it's probably related to the fact that saving a loadout, you are saving a specific radio, and those 2,000 individual radios are not individually whitelisted in the arsenal.  I'll see if there's a workaround, but for now, just make sure you've got a radio before you exit the arsenal (like always).

2 hours ago, Ryko said:

but I couldn't reproduce the scope issue

steps to reproduce:

1. Get in the arsenal
  2. Put the "M145 MGO" on your gun
  3. Save the loadout
  4. Load a different loadout
  5. Exit the arsenal
  6. Load the previously saved loadout (wich should have the M145 MGO on it; the loadout is greyed out)
  7. The M145 MGO is taken away

Stiletto 049 released on all maps. Lythium has been placed first in the default rotation, followed by Altis, Tembelan, Malden (default faction OPFOR), Stratis, Kunduz, Bozcaada and Gorgona.

CHANGE LOG 049
1. Fixed error in Recover Cache mission where returning the cache would cancel the mission instead of completing it.
2. Fixed mission load error: Resource Title Default not found. This also fixes the minimap not being removed error.
3. Removed dependency on XLA_FixedArsenal for repo.
4. Fixed error causing dogs not to spawn.
5. Tweaks to marker movement on intel review.
6. Generous civilians will gift you intel items again.
7. Response/Blood pressure/Pulse/Tourniquet actions on civilians will not give you a friendly effect, and friendly effect is not guaranteed.
8. Fixed crate spawning issues (medical among others)

Things that may or may not be fixed (further testing required)

1. When you died, dynamic groups has a tendency to remove you from the group, this may now be fixed so you are still in the role while you are respawning (please advise if this is in fact the case)

I don't know if this is a known bug but when i try to use artillery as ASL, i had mixed results.

When i used it in the last version of stilleto it worked fine, but last time i tried (2 days ago) i tried to use different type of ammo and it didnt worked. Map markers and notifications were working but nothing happened after "splash".

Or maybe i'm a dumbass and don't know how to use it, which could be possible.

Stiletto 050 is on the server on Altis, which should fix these issues.  This is a test version as there are important changes for how Zeus modules are assigned for admins, and when that's confirmed working I will roll it out for all maps.

Stiletto 050 has been fixed and rolled out across all maps.

CHANGE LOG 050
1. Fixed errors in intel review, searching, and deploy rally point actions.
2. Fixed errors in logi actions not setting.
3. Fixed errors in Extract Asset mission.
4. Intel review is now performed one piece at a time per action to avoid wasting intel.
5. Revised how Zeus modules are assigned. Moderators are no longer automatically assigned a module and must use an ACE Self-Interaction to Take or Leave a module.

(This is for staff only, and now it really works as intended, thanks @J0hnson)

STILETTO_KUNDUZ_01_050 @24.02.2018, 16:29 UTC+1

• Still/again(?) can´t abort missions on mission-control-board: Tried as ASL and PC. Clicked on the task, clicked on "ABORT MISSION", it sayed "Task aborted" but the mission wasn´t (still on the map aswell as in the "Task Overview")
  • Still/again(?) can´t change the map with the mission-control-board: Tried as ASL and PC. The "END STILETTO (all players must be in the command building)" was grayed out even though I was the in ASL/PC slot and the only player on the server (and therefore all players where in the command building).

Stiletto 051 has been uploaded to the server, available on all maps.

CHANGE LOG 051
1. Fixed error in Logi functions: when attempting to place a structure where the gradient wouldn't support it, it would prevent the player from placing elsewhere or cancelling.
2. Added show FPS/hide FPS to admin commands (shows both server and HC fps)
3. Revised method for creating new missions and setting karma through mission control dialog (easier and requires no markers)
4. Civilians (and the enemy) will no longer allow you to restrain them without being surrendered. To try to make a unit surrender, point your weapon at them and use the stop command.
4A. The odds of a unit surrendering are related to the courage and extremist ratings on the unit, and are modified by the unit being wounded.
4B. Unconscious units can be restrained.
5. Updates to stop action / surrendering methodology.
6. Added optional mission Clear Armor (armor-based mission) available through mission control interface.
7. Slight tweak to ambient AI: air assets should spawn slightly more often.

8. Fix to abort missions on the mission control board.

Regarding RADIO problem.

Mission Mod : Stiletto

• 1. LYTHIUM mission 01_05x. Haven't tried to recreate on LYTHIUM 01_051. The radio RF7800 disappears from inventory. When I've realized on AO I didn't have radio I haven't been worried too much since I was close to RHS's HMMWV and I've picked up same RF7800. Programator was present inside of inventory. I've placed HMMWV's RF7800 inside my inventory. By clicking SR radio key for checking, it was present. When I've reached my team I realized they are talking to radio but didn't hear anything. I've checked again by clicking SR button and nothing happened. I've opened inventory and again, the radio RF7800 was not present. This is to take consideration and note that not only arsenal box blocks radio but something else is also fiddling with it maybe.

• 2. TEMBLEM and LYTHIUM. Radio PRC-152 is present to AR, LAT, Rifleman, TL. Should be Blacklisted. But what IF SL is KIA and we need to assume command or report last position of squad? Can it be picked from the ground (regarding arsenal blacklist) without blacklist rule removing it from our inventory? Does blacklist inventory only work around arsenal box or is checking all the time inventory of player what is present in it? Maybe this is connected with problem no.1?

Thank you for 051 update and subject under list 7. "And there shall be no Air, I became the Flyswatter."  - a PS2 proverb.

Edit_1: If there will be more enemy Air. Where are we going to equip FIM-92? LAT,AT,Engineer don't have that option in arsenal.

Edit_2: What breaks radio presence in inventory. I join TL. Load up my saved loadout where radio RF7800 is present. Everything works, radio is present. I switch to LAT same team. Wait till it loads, access arsenal but don't touch anything. Still with loadout which is preconfigured and radio is present. Switch role again to TL. Go to load my loadout. Loadout loads but there's no radio in it. Programator present.

Role TL > Load saved loadout for TL > [RADIO WORKS] > Change Role to LAT, wait till it loads [RADIO WORKS] > into Arsenal, don't touch anything, exit Arsenal> Change role to TL, wait till it loads [RADIO WORKS] > Into Arsenal, load my saved TL loadout, exit Arsenal> [RADIO DOESN'T WORK] = radio not present.

Edit_3 : By default TL's preconfigured loadout equips PRC-152.

Edited by Plant1ing
AWE_Testing

4 minutes ago, Plant1ing said:

Should be Blacklisted. But what IF SL is KIA and we need to assume command or report last position of squad? Can it be picked from the ground (regarding arsenal blacklist) without blacklist rule removing it from our inventory? Does blacklist inventory only work around arsenal box or is checking all the time inventory of player what is present in it? Maybe this is connected with problem no.1?

AFAIK stiletto never takes items away from you that you pick up from the ground.  It'll only not display them in the arsenal.

3 hours ago, Stanhope said:

AFAIK stiletto never takes items away from you that you pick up from the ground.  It'll only not display them in the arsenal.

This is correct.

The radio thing is like this: TFAR includes 1000 unique radio items for each model, but only the base model is represented in the arsenal. If you save your loadout with a TFAR radio, the loadout saves that unique item number (TF_RF7800_13). But when you go to load that loadout, the unique radio isn't in the whitelist, so it gets removed.

There is a script that runs when you open the arsenal by scroll action that removes your radio and replaces it with a base copy before you enter the arsenal: if you save this way, it "should" save correctly.  But if you change out your radio and then save your loadout, it probably won't load the loadout with the radio you've selected because it's created a radio with a unique number.

The absolute way around it should be: create a loadout, exit the arsenal, re-enter the arsenal, save the loadout.

As for radio items being improperly whitelisted for ranks - I'll have a look.

I think I'll learn by now always to triple check if I have radio in inventory.  :) . I had 50 fps when mission restarted which i have never seen on EU#3 before. Which is nice. The only thing I dislike is weather overcast. Like I don't have enough problems with NV :) But ye that is Arma.

ASL team seems to be bugged in 51; if you join a slot in that team after joining the server, your character will still be stuck walking as though you're unassigned.

Additionally, unassigned units can place rally points and use artillery. 

As ASL, I could put down a rally point, but it did not spawn. I assume this has a connection to the issue above.

How would you approach the problem of creating AO about patrol of one particular area (a quadrant) and having occasionally enemy infiltration? The AO would be time-based.  AO starts the countdown to AO complete status when first BLUFOR asset enters marked area. Then, if players are killed or they willingly exit marked area, second timer kicks in that tells you have minutes to populate marked area; otherwise AO is failed as there is none to patrol and send intel about marked area. This requests need to coordinate the inserts of players in marked area. AO can create like I saw weapon stash where civilian can arm themselves, so special approach to civilians is mandatory (this is also maybe already in effect by current Stiletto release since you are in hostile environment). We still have problem to solve by talking to civilians and searching vehicles.

What can cause the problems, that can error out mission:

• Enemy waypoints or positions where they are spawning and how they move
  • Every timer is heavy CPU tasking for whole mission which can create server lags or even crash. - Any idea how to approach this without using timers for ins-outs and general AO timer?
  • Sometimes resulting not shooting a single enemy which some players can find time consuming and boring, some can find it clear team 6 type and go full stealth mode. The creative nature of player is at his disposal how he wants to approach the problem.

What this AO can do:

• It can learn us how to approach the problem
  • It can learn us how to observe and read environment around us
  • Improve social skills and conversations around players - small talks while walking. = better teamwork. No this is not social experiment
  • Making checkpoints and guarding them while still sending patrols. For this a greater number of players must be present on server. Imagine Logi Team bringing sandboxes or just vehicles (how cpu intensive this can be?) and creating small outpost while there is another team patrolling marked area
  • Greater exchange of Intel about AO between BLUFOR players. You need to constantly monitor enemy movement, inform over radio their presence and preparing either ambush or engaging them to full extent.

This AO is somehow mix of well known "defend the Town" AO while first occupying it (in our case, AO insertion), with a twist that you are who needs to move around AO, gather intel, ask civilians, demo weapon stashes, engage in combats

Stiletto version 052 is now on the server.

I'm putting a hold on developing further on Gorgona and Kunduz because those small maps have problems which make them bothersome to play on.  As such the rotation for 052 will be: Lythium, Bozcaada, Tembelan, Malden, Stratis and Altis.

CHANGE LOG 052
1. Additional sanity checks when joining groups.
2. ALT-END will decrease zoom level on mini map.
3. Stinger anti-air launcher added to Rifleman LAT and Rifleman AT for western factions; Igla added for eastern factions.
4. Fixed picking up intel from dead friendlies.
5. Civilians will (if they like you) occasionally reveal the locations of mines on your map.
6. Dynamic group system now has parameter setting for None (Commander will create), Default Stiletto, and draft versions for US Army, USMC, MARSOC, British and Russian configurations.
7. Updates to review intel mechanic: additional feedback from Crossroads about the task the intel related to.
8. Discovered missions mechanic tweaked: as intel is collected, there is a proportional chance a new mission will spawn.

9. Tweaks to deploy/defend comm array mission should reduce the overall length of time the array needs to be defended, and enemy reinforcements should spawn more rapidly.

I have been noticing, since version 0.50, a small issue that i don't know if it was already known. When being assigned to a team color by team leader, it sometimes randomly reset itself to no color on certain players.

I does not seems to have a pattern (like after respawn) and seems to affect always the same player in the fireteam.

I have searched the forum for this issue in the past, but haven't found anything.