Stiletto Feedback Thread

Malden 043

Destroy Cache November: There were no enemies at all and also no crate at the AO. Shrinking the AO by collecting Intel actually shrunk the AO but unfortunately away from the the actual location (as we found out later). We then completed the Retrieve Intel from UAV mission what caused the destroy Cache mission to shrink to the exact location wich was on the 0,0 coordiante. But there wasn´t even a temporary-spawn-platform anymore and instead just a bugged out Nationalist-Troops-MBT-flag standing in the water. Zeus also couldn´t locate the cash near that 0,0 marker but instead somewhere in the AO area from the very beginning.

Destroy enemy armor: There was one MBT left that couldn´t be destroyed. It seemed to get mobility-killed since the crew dismounted after detonating one satchel but even more satchels only slightely moved the tank while seemingly not doing any damage. Artillery, etc. also did nothing.

Mission Control: Both tasks also could not be canceled. It said "Task aborted" but the task just wasn´t canceled (Tried as PC and ASL aswell).

Mission Control: The end mission button was grayed out even though all players where in the HQ-building and we tried it as PC as well as ASL.

Exploit: The medical-box from the medical HQ can be loaded into vehicle and used in the field to always reset you. (=> maybe change that back to the magical building that just heals you?)

Updates: I'm polishing off 044 which has some interesting new things.

On the server, @GhostDragon has made some changes to the CBA server settings which should make NVG's much less of a pain to use (eliminated blur effect on aim down sights, and reduced effect filter from 100% to 33%).

There was one MBT left that couldn´t be destroyed.

This is kind of an Arma thing but I think the easy fix will be to remove MBTs from the enemy assets to be destroyed.

Mission control items I'll review in 044.  The medical box exploit should be fixed in 044; I changed from the insta heal system because the trigger wasn't working consistently.

Stiletto 044 is now on the server, on all maps. Major changes in bold.

CHANGE LOG 044
1. Transitioned to ACE arsenal: the default scroll action will open the arsenal, and using it will preserve your radio (using the ACE action to open the arsenal will not preserve your radio).
1A. By default, Vanilla arsenal loadouts are not compatible with the ACE arsenal, however, a conversion tool exists. Open up the Eden editor, create a new map, and then select Tools -> Import BI VA loadouts to ACE Arsenal.
2. Moved quickload/quicksave actions to arsenal as ACE interaction items, so they are available at all arsenals. Current player self-interaction continues to exist as a transitory nag message.
3. Fixes to Capture and Kill HVT missions. If players are detected in the town area, HVT may attempt to flee; if HVT moves more than 1000m away from their start town, mission will fail.
4. Tweaks to bases: spaced out choppers in Altis base so they spawn a bit more easily, moved air service boards closer to pads so pylons rearm more easily.
5. New SMS text received functionality: message and sender now displayed in hint rather than just 'Message received.'
6. Vehicle service boards can now add fast ropes to unarmed helicopters with a separate scroll action.
7. Added Civilian interaction items to main body (talk, restrain; search and disarm were already there) to accommodate those players who don't or can't interact with the ACE body parts.
8. Guerilla OPFOR factions won't trigger their own IEDs placed in vehicles.
9. Added 30-second window to Logi placement action: structures removed in this time frame get a full refund and take no time to remove.
10. Additional base assets added to Logi menu.
11. Fix to Destroy Jammer mission: a significant amount of explosive damage is required to destroy it (at least a satchel charge, 3 demo blocks, or an LGB should do the trick. A MAT round will not cut it).
12. New mission parameter: spawn no missions, random/discovered missions only, or all missions (default: all missions).
13. Destroy enemy armor mission: no MBTs will spawn to be destroyed.
14. Overhauled / redesigned the Civilian trading system with a new dialog.
14A. Civilians will no longer gift you with intel, you will always have to trade for it (or restrain them and search for it)
14B. Civilians can be greedy or generous, with safe areas generally producing generous civilians, and a preponderance for greed as areas are less safe. Greedy civilians will be more demanding to trade their items.
14C. The Intel Operative has a bonus for trading.
14D. Successful trades will improve karma for the civilian's region.
14E. Civilians will trade for medical supplies, certain items of equipment, and smoke grenades.
14F. Civilians will occasionally wear vests and backpacks to accommodate items they carry: they will not always be suicide bombers!
14G. You can give items to civilians by clicking the "gift" button.
15. A surprise!

16 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

Tembelean 43

MAP: There is no map light like the maglite, fuilton or chemlight(+chemlight shield) required when it is dark. The map is not affected by darkness.

This is a CBA ACE server setting, I think.

53 minutes ago, Noah_Hero said:

Tembelean 43

MAP: There is no map light like the maglite, fuilton or chemlight(+chemlight shield) required when it is dark. The map is not affected by darkness.

Should be fixed now (dont know what i changed but shhh) 

Also night vision should be slightly more palatable now.

learned i can update it on the fly so thats good to know :D 

Logi system bug:

If you try to place an object on a steeper gradient it stops the ability to place the object, however the object still stays locked to the character meaning the object is constantly stuck to the player, only way to fix is to re-spawn. If you re-spawn the object will be dropped in its position where you died however its only visible to the person who placed it, while it is also physical to the person [can be stood on].

4 hours ago, GhostDragon said:

Small issue found today, if you change slots to medic without respawning you are not assigned the correct medic attributes meaning you can not give fluids or advanced treatments to players. 

If you change slots outside of base you aren't given the attributes for the new role (for example, repair powers as an engineer, Logi powers and - notably - advanced medical abilities as a medic).  This is by design so you can't spam switching in and out of roles to accomplish a particular objective.

If you change slots outside of base you aren't given the attributes for the new role (for example, repair powers as an engineer, Logi powers and - notably - advanced medical abilities as a medic).  This is by design so you can't spam switching in and out of roles to accomplish a particular objective.
Seems fair though might be nice to be able to have some way of applying the changes at a fob?

Seems fair though might be nice to be able to have some way of applying the changes at a fob?

Yeah, makes sense. Fixed in 045: you need to be within 150m of the arsenal at main base, or an infantry spawn location in a FOB, to change roles and get the role benefits (it'll also give you the default loadout for that role).

Running towards & into the arsenal crate deals damage until death.

Fixed in 045. Until then, don't do that.

Lythium 44

ACE - Arsenal: Takes away Chemlights out of Chemlight-shields. Also the ACE - Arsenal takes away Scopes and radios aswell.

(Before everyone asks why would you take them: because with a Chemlight inside they have the same weight as the Maglight or Fuilton while offering a bigger lighted circle. And no they don´t run out like a chemlight without the shield would do)

Self Interaction: Sometimes under equipment you get the option "split belt" even though you don`t have an AR equipped or any AR ammo that would support this feature. When doing that action it will spawn you a belt. Also an AR was nearby who was using the spawned in ammo. Also we couldn´t really figure out how to reproduce the bug reliable.

Stiletto 045 has been added to the server on all maps.

Regarding dogs: an error caused dogs to spawn in a vastly greater quantity than intended. This has been fixed. Only a small percentage of dogs are actually aggressive, ie., not all dogs need to be killed on sight, just the ones that are charging you and barking crazily.

CHANGE LOG 045
1. Tweaked arsenal so it won't kill you if you continue to run into it.
2. Updates to ambient dogs:
  2A. Fixed an error that caused dog spawning to happen on all clients instead of the server; should hugely reduce the number and frequency of dogs spawned.
  2B. aggressive Ambient Dogs will now attack any nearby humans, including enemies and civilians.
  2C. Forward compatibility to allow created dogs to attack only a certain subset of factions, to allow for enemy dog handlers.
  2D. Increased frequency of dogs barking when dog is attacking.
3. Fixed some crates at the supply depot: medical crate now has multiple options, and a basic ammo crate containing Vanilla 5.56mm mags is also available.
4. Fixed Rescue pilots endgame mission (downed air vehicle wasn't spawning for SOCOM & other certain factions)
5. Redesigned Trading dialog layout, and added help hint text for trading interface for greater clarity.
6. Fix to rally point deployment, server now handles the timer so it shouldn't persist after a player disconnects.
7. Tweak to zeus module creation to facilitate population of assets to the curator interface for JIP Zeus players.
8. Fix to kill / capture HVT missions modifying failure event of HVT escaping the area.
9. Fix to Destroy Jammer mission to set jamming effect for JIP players.
10. Tweaks to arsenal.
11. Added flip vehicle action to HEMTT vehicles.

Regarding specific issues:

ACE - Arsenal: Takes away Chemlights out of Chemlight-shields. Also the ACE - Arsenal takes away Scopes and radios aswell.

Are you opening the arsenal with the ace action or the normal action? Using the ACE action will probably remove radios, but the normal action "should" preserve radios. Haven't seen scopes be removed except if you choose a weapon that can't support what you've previously chosen.

"split belt"

I believe this is applicable to 3cb weapons only.

glitch with the ammo display.

I've seen that too, it's not intentional but I don't know what's causing it.

1 hour ago, Ryko said:

Are you opening the arsenal with the ace action or the normal action? Using the ACE action will probably remove radios, but the normal action "should" preserve radios.

Opened it via scroll-wheel-action.

1 hour ago, Ryko said:

Haven't seen scopes be removed except if you choose a weapon that can't support what you've previously chosen.

I loaded a loadout from that I knew had a scope on it when I saved it outside the server but upon loading it on the server the scope was gone. I then saved it again with the scope on top on the server, left the arsenal, went back into the arsenal, loaded a different loadout, loaded the previously saved loadout and the scope was gone again.

1 hour ago, Ryko said:

I believe this is applicable to 3cb weapons only.

It is. But still the option should not be available when you haven´t equipped any ammo that supports that...and more important shouldn´t it just spawn you ammo in that case.:lol:

Stiletto 046 has been added to the server on all maps. It's essentially a bug fix release to address the issue of an error message received when assigning a role in base.

CHANGE LOG 046
1. Fixed spawning errors that produced a bug related to assigning player special role functions (ace healing powers applied to a medic, etc.)
2. Blacklisted the vanilla mine detector, revised engineer loadouts to use the ACE VMM3 mine detector, and whitelisted ACE mine detectors for engineers.

Stiletto 047 has been added to the server on all maps.

CHANGE LOG 047
1. Fixed an error that prevented ACE Mine detectors from showing up in the arsenal for engineers.
2. Vehicles that are abandoned on the battlefield are now vulnerable to enemy action. If you leave a vehicle unguarded, there is a chance that the enemy do unspeakable things to it. Hiding a vehicle near buildings or trees will lower this chance, and the chance is also highly related to the danger level of the area you are near.

Stiletto 048 released on all maps.

CHANGE LOG 048
1. Fixed error where returning a captured HVT or hostages to base deletes the transporting vehicle (thanks Ghostdragon)
2. Fixed errors related to searching for intel (thanks SiegeSix)
3. Added new endgame mission, Peace Talks, suggested by member _A.

All Bugs listed confirmed as of 10am. 17/02/2018, stiletto version confirmed as 048 (based on in game change log)

Spawn Crates menu:

Medical Crates:

Like the sound of different options, however..

- Numbers Listed next to options go " 1, 2, 3, 1, 9 ", this may be important idk

- None of the medical crates actually spawn, no error message is produced (so far as i can see), selecting the option does nothing.

Static Weapons:

- This entire menu is empty, is this a class restriction thing? (tested while playing as vortex)

Arsenal:

Radio Stealing:

- Steps to reproduce:

1: Equip a radio, exit arsenal, confirm radio still equipped, re-open arsenal.
      2: Save that loadout, exit arsenal, confirm you still have radio.

3: Open Arsenal again, load the loadout, confirm both in the arsenal and out of it that the radio is now gone.

- Tested 3 times both with the scroll wheel and the ace interact.

Scope / Attachment Stealing:

- Unable to reproduce, but happened to me yesterday, I load my standard loadout, quick save it using the ace interact, get into the heli, as soon as i get off the heli I notice i no longer have a scope. I realise this doesn't help you much in figuring out what causes this, but I can confirm it does still (rarely) happen.

Heli Service Pad:

You can just use a repair kit, but the harrier cannot use the service menu option on the heli service pad, and as you cant use the toolkit to refuel or rearm, it would be nice.

Add Fast Rope System is my favorite addition to stiletto in a long time, the Huey, blackhawk, and Wildcat unarmed medium transport heli's are much more useful now, because you can put people into places that the little birds can (in the last two days, that's mostly been inside towns).

One small request I have, I've been using the sling loaded "XL Empty Crate" to deliver supplies instead of the loadable boxes, it saves a lot of time to just release that then to land and get someone from alpha to unload the boxes, at the small downside of not being able to move the box as a inf. I was wondering if, instead of manually loading supplies into the inv, you could make the XL Crate have An ace cargo space of 2 or 4, so i can load for example a maaws crate and medical crate into it, that way the troops on the ground can unload the box they need and i don't have to be a sitting duck on the ground while they do.