Stiletto Feedback Thread

5 hours ago, Minipily said:

No surprises for the F18 anyway, it's not supposed to work with FIRWIL,

Actually, it is. Firewill was asked by the F/A-18 mod creators to integrate his AWS system, and he did; but as it stands the mod creator has still left all of the non-AWS systems in there, presumably because he wants AWS to be optional.

And that is why the F/A-18 is kind of a clusterfuck right now, though it still works fine for me.

2 hours ago, Stanhope said:

Aand the service pads put the default loadout back on the airplane after initiating it after you changed the pylons up.  I should really just wait a bit before reporting these things so i can all bundle them into one post :) 

Do the service first, then change up the pylons. 

3 hours ago, Amentes said:

Actually, it is. Firewill was asked by the F/A-18 mod creators to integrate his AWS system, and he did; but as it stands the mod creator has still left all of the non-AWS systems in there, presumably because he wants AWS to be optional.

And that is why the F/A-18 is kind of a clusterfuck right now, though it still works fine for me.

Huh, news to me. Yeah I thought they weren't designed to go part and part because of the clusterfuck.

On 26/11/2017 at 9:43 AM, Noah_Hero said:

Is your "style of menu (Medical)" set to "Selections (3d) or to "radial"? Because it only works with the 3d one and if you have that enabled you can just look at his head, click the ace-head-option, click the talk option.

That'll be the issue, I have the contextual medical stuff disabled with only medical menu access on the persons torso.

Stiletto version 0.27 is now on the server in all maps except Bornholm, which it looks like we'll be removing for performance reasons.

Change log

1. Updated rescue missions for different completion parameter (taking the asset / pilot / hostage to the medical building wasn't working. Should work now just entering the main base zone, but you will probably have to remove passengers from vehicles. I could be wrong about this)
2. Added the 6x scope for autoriflemen. Meant to be used with the M240B.
3. Changed method for FOB arsenals; should work for JIP, and will now disappear after 4 minutes (so good for setting initial loadout, but use Logi supplies to resupply)
4. Changed BluFor tracking method (using ACE BFT now instead of Quicksilver's soldier tracker, changing AI groups / player names settings through SMS menu should now work properly)
5. Tweaked vehicle spawning code, should allow vehicles to spawn with animals nearby.
6. Tweaked AI spawning, enemy air vehicles should now properly spawn in the air.
7. Updated missions to change task spawning style, should now properly populate for JIP players.
8. Base player respawn time set to 25 seconds.

9. Fixed Logi spawning on Altis.

Bug: civilian (who hated blufors guts) didn't say anything but it was mentioned that he was injured.  Upon opening the medical menu no injury unbandaged or bandaged could be discovered.  

map & version: malden - whichever version we were playing just now, don't think it was the latest one

Bug across all maps and for several versions now:

Upon closing the squadmenu without selecting a role and occasionally when having selected a role the squadmenu addaction disappears. It doesn't always happen. Re-executing the onrespawnscript fixes the issue.  (via the reset loadout action in base)

Haven't been able to determine what exactly triggers it.

Im'a just bundle all these together:

0.27 feedback thread:

Change log

1. works fine, you dont have to get them out of the vech, as soon as you drive into the base zone it completes the mission (praise ryko)
2. sounds neato.
3. JIP'd, didn't get arsenal.
4. Works with the ace micro dagger! (yay)
5. is that what caused sometimes not being able to spawn stuff? lol. (not sure how to test, but I'm sure it works.)
6. Nope, mission we did about 4 hours before time of this post had a buzzard landed just outside of the AO, ontop of a hill.
7. didnt notice anything broken here.
8. re-spawn time is sometimes 0 seconds, sometimes 25 seconds. (didn't do much testing, maybe just the first couple of spawns are broken?)

9. haven't tested..

tested on 27 malden and 27 lithium.

Stiletto version 028 is now on the server.

Change Log

1. Changed spawn method when spawning on carrier to avoid parachute death hilarity.
2. 6x ACOG properly restricted to AR and marksman roles.
3. Mission control updated to allow for abort of missions and also shows karma values per location.
4. Added "heal" action to deployed Logi medical building - heal effect will only work if you're inside the building.
5. Added miniMap for vehicle users: Keybind is END to bring up / remove the display, and CTRL-END to toggle through different layers of zoom.
6. Tried again to fix enemy aircraft spawning on the ground instead of flying. We'll see if this one works
7. Tweaked ambient anti-air and anti-armor response to produce more assets rather than infantry groups.

Stiletto version 029 is now on the server, rapid turnaround on a new version due to a few bad bugs.

Change Log

1. MiniMap can now be closed when outside of a vehicle.
2. MiniMap satellite textures removed for legibility.
3. Artillery designation marker will be automatically removed after 5 minutes.
4. Additional method applied to remove parachutes after spawn on Carrier FOB - maybe this time it will work?
5. Updated arsenal contents.
6. Tweaked automatic parachute deployment script to account for carrier.

Bug report:

After the map was loaded I wasn´t putted onto the map-spawn-selection-screen but insted was putted to your 0,0 platform. There I could open my map but not move. Respawning was possible though. This seemed to create a dead body on the platform but also a body that was floating above the platform (about 10 meters). This body had no collison enabled and could not get killed. Though in intervalls randomly it kept falling down and just through the platform (it splashed a lot and there weren´t any new bodies on top of it). Also I wasn´t able to find the bodies inside the platform/pier or on the bottom of the ocean.

Also I wasn´t able to climb down the ladder to the boats (there was no option in no angle/distance to the ladder). This couldn´t be solved by respawning.

Edited by Noah_Hero

1 hour ago, Noah_Hero said:

Bug report:

After the map was loaded I wasn´t putted onto the map-spawn-selection-screen but insted was putted to your 0,0 platform. There I could open my map but not move. Respawning was possible though. This seemed to create a dead body on the platform but also a body that was floating above the platform (about 10 meters). This body had no collison enabled and could not get killed. Though in intervalls randomly it kept falling down and just through the platform (it splashed a lot and there weren´t any new bodies on top of it). Also I wasn´t able to find the bodies inside the platform/pier or on the bottom of the ocean.

Also I wasn´t able to climb down the ladder to the boats (there was no option in no angle/distance to the ladder). This couldn´t be solved by respawning.

Which map, faction?  Did you JIP?

Stiletto 030 is now on the server, for all maps.

I've updated the settings for #vote commands, hopefully it works now: minimum players required 1, vote threshold is 90%, DO NOT ABUSE THIS.

Voting rules:

1) Everyone must be in base, ie., there can be no ongoing operations.

2) With a threshold of 90%, pretty much everyone must vote.

3) You can #vote missions, #vote admin, and #vote mission - easiest (assuming this all works) will be to vote admin on the map interface for the player you want.

The main change is that factions are now randomized between Western and Eastern factions, and MEC/PLA factions are added as player factions. So you may find that Eastern factions are spawning with a bit more regularity (currently, just Gorgona had a default Eastern, ie Russian spetsnatz, faction).  In the future I may develop some additional code that will allow players to determine the base factions at mission start, but for now, this will be a good start.

Stiletto 030 change log:

1. Updated supply crate spawning system (thanks Stanhope)
2. Updated vehicle spawning system to add confirmation layer.
3. Base HEMTT vehicle (mover) can now load and unload large (600 resource point) logi crates with a custom animation.
    3a) Spawn a HEMTT from the ground service pole - this is the HEMTT without any kind of cargo attached.
    3b) Spawn a 600 RP logi crate from the supply depot.
    3c) Position the HEMTT so the crate is behind and within 3m.
    3d) use the "Load Logistics Crate" addAction to load the crate.
    3e) with a crate loaded, use the "Unload Logistics Crate" addAction to unload the crate - theoretically, the area behind the truck must be clear, but it's not detecting very well, so be cautious where you unload as it can clip for Arma hilarity.
4. Added the base HEMTT vehicle to the ground vehicle spawn.
5. Attempt #3 at fixing the parachute spawning bug.
6. Adjusted the way mines are spread: more variables, more deadly!
7. Adjusted suicide bomber detection / following mode, more deadly!
8. Added Quad Bikes, HEMTT and VTOL air vehicles to vehicle spawn list (everyone gets them but poor ol' MEC).
8a. Spawned (non-armed) Blackfish will get 20 ACE cargo spaces; spawned Xi'an will get 12 ACE cargo spaces.
9. Added Mission Control whiteboards to Stratis and Bozcaada carriers.
10. Removed Malden main island vehicle depot: use Logi to make your own depot. Moved that depot to base for vehicle deployment.
11. Added Random faction selection for both player faction and enemy faction and set default factions to random.
12. Added Middle Eastern Coalition and PLA China as playable player factions.
13. Added "Factions" briefing entry in Map interface to show which factions are in use.
14. Removed ammunition from automated turrets on the Stratis carrier to make air battles a bit more interesting. There's still an ambient protection zone directly on the carrier.

Strange tho as this is the code i pulled from stiletto malden 030:

MMLogi = [  
    ["Logi",true], 
    ["20 points crate",   [2], "",  -5, [["expression", "20 execVM 'scripts\logi\logiSpawn.sqf';"]],"", ""],
    ["300 points crate",  [3], "",  -5, [["expression", "300 execVM 'scripts\logi\logiSpawn.sqf';"]],"", ""],
    ["600 points crate",  [4], "",  -5, [["expression", "600 execVM 'scripts\logi\logiSpawn.sqf';"]],"", ""],
    ["Back",              [10],"",  -4, [["expression", ""]], "1", ""]
];

And as you can see the script that gets executed is scripts\logi\logiSpawn.sqf and not scripts\misc\logiSpawn.sqf like the error says.

Found it:

Ryko check these 2 paths:
\STILETTO_MALDEN_01_030.Malden\scripts\logi\supplyPole.sqf

And
\STILETTO_MALDEN_01_030.Malden\scripts\misc\supplyPole.sqf

And then the code that is executed on the supply pole itself :) 

(spoiler, the one in the misc folder is the old one which is currently being executed and is throwing that error as the logi thingy references an invalid path)

4 hours ago, Ryko said:

Stiletto 030 updated to fix the Logi spawning issue... should be able to spawn the Logi resource crates now.

New Logi issue... Logi Support Engineer can't access the contents of following container!

As well as the spawning position on Stratis. Keeps respawning in the water!