Why is there a maximum amount of positive reputation that you can give/day?

Noah_Hero

Happend again to me today. I just wanted to like a post that I...well just like...but:

"You are only allowed to give reputation 10 times per day. You cannot give any more reputation today."

I totally get the point and agree with it to have a limit for giving negative reputation (max 1/day) to prevent angry idiots from annoying everyone. But why is there a limit for giving POSITVE reputation (max 10/day)?:blink: I mean probably it is to prevent "like for like" trades where people/idiots are liking every post the other person made in the last 10 years but I don´t think that this is an issue here in this community (And even if it where: who cares?!).:lol: Also I think people here are often too much cautious when it comes to giving +rep but this limit even strenghtens this behaviour. So why not remove this limit (if it is possible to do so) to get people to just liking everything they actually like instead of sparing their likes?:huh:

Best regards

Noah:)

28 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

I understand this is to prevent rep-farming but why include the Leaderboard? I am not *coughs* interested in who wins the daily race *coughs* but I do keep track (somewhat) post-to-like ratio. :P

There's a leaderboard?

I liek things if it makes sense, never hit that cap, didn't know it existed, seems odd but I guess be more desicive in what you like?

33 minutes ago, fir_nev said:

I understand this is to prevent rep-farming but why include the Leaderboard

Totally but in general I think showing a leaderboard at all isn´t a good idea because that might also be a reason for people not to like things. Like: "hmm, if I like his post then he might be overtaking me" or something. And people should discuss things here on the forum and not always have an eye on there rep/ratio.:(

Just now, GamerbugUK said:

There's a leaderboard?

Yeah, you find it under the "more" tab in the top line of the site. I don´t know why it actually is the only thing in there and only used it so far to mock @razgriz33 because @Ryko overtook him...:lol:

2 minutes ago, GamerbugUK said:

I liek things if it makes sense, never hit that cap, didn't know it existed, seems odd but I guess be more desicive in what you like?

I´m giving likes away for everything that I like (like people used to do on FB before everyone realised that that´s how they do personalised advertising):lol::) I mean why would you spare with likes? You show that you like something and the other person is happy because he got a like. a win-win situation.:)

Also I do not randomly give likes away to everything but for example yesterday I posted a few more things and there were a few good replys that I agreed with and then you hit 10 likes easily.

1 hour ago, Noah_Hero said:

I´m giving likes away for everything that I like (like people used to do on FB before everyone realised that that´s how they do personalised advertising)

'Cept then those situations happen where someone posts "my dog died today" and everyone just hits like as it seems the done thing. :lol: