[AWE] [GAMENIGHT] Operation Backfoot - Benjamin Levine

Copey

When: Sunday 30th July, 1830 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)  

Server: EU3/AWE

Briefing / Planning: 1815 UK LOCAL (GMT +1)

Mission Start: 1840

Map: Bozcaada

Mods: Standard AWE

First person lock: No

Loadouts: Pre-set with a limited arsenal

Respawns: Yes

Mission Length: ~120 minutes.

Factions: BLUFOR (US Army) vs OPFOR (Russian Forces)

JIP: Yes

Number of Slots: 37 (with 1 Zeus operator)

Summary:

The Russians after their victory in Crimea, have made the over aggressive move to stretch out into the islands of the Mediterranean Sea. The Russians invaded what they believed to be an undefended Turkish Island, however their intelligence did not find the American Mechanised Company training on the island. Push back the Russian invasion and destroying any short range cruise missile sites. 

stryker-combat-vehicle-07.jpg.5b5c3216049456f0ecdc5b23a6db9699.jpg

Any questions, comments or suggestions should be posted below.

Regards,

Copey

Just to flesh out a few details:

This mission is what I feel is a good mix of fast paced mechanized combat along with a heavy dose of urban combat, which will challenge your mechanized squads. To this affect re-spawning is allowed to keep up pace of play, re-spawning is enabled on all strikers (like you might do in BF4). The composition will ideally be a mix of 3 HMG or GMG Strikers and a MGS Striker with a command and repair Striker. 

Squads are like this:

Infantry: 9 man squad with two colored fire teams x3

Crews: 2 man teams, driver and commander/gunner x4

Pilot: 2 man team AH64 (will be filled last) x1

CMD: 2 man team with Plat CO and Plat Eng. x1

I hope to see a large player turn out to make this a fun as possible all while showing off one of the new terrains,

Ben

44 minutes ago, BenjaminHL said:

This will be very helpful for this mission and if you read it the gameplay will be better for all:

As much as I appreciate that you linked my comment, you might want to remove the "#comment-53535" at the end of the link so that it goes to the post itself instead of automaticalls scrolling down to my comment;):lol:

Like that:

On 7/19/2017 at 9:23 PM, Copey said:

Number of Slots: 37 (with 1 Zeus operator)

Got a question - is one Zeus slot technical limit (game/server can't handle it, bigger lags)?

I would like to sometimes help Zeus AWE missions, but since I don't have any prior experience with this, would prefer to do it with advice of experienced Zeus first.

49 minutes ago, kman said:

Got a question - is one Zeus slot technical limit (game/server can't handle it, bigger lags)?

I would like to sometimes help Zeus AWE missions, but since I don't have any prior experience with this, would prefer to do it with advice of experienced Zeus first.

On AWE are two Zeus slots but you can also Zeus with more people at the same time.

@kman There isn't a real limit to Zeus. I make my own missions basically from the ground up, so in theory I can have how ever many slots as I want. And second as for experience it is honestly just best to get fimilar with Zeus in the editor and then host your own GN to give it a go. Just start out conservative.

-Ben 

Ye I tried in editor, I can move around, spawn units, order them to move/attack and puppeteer AI units.

But have no experience with ARES (or how to actualy load it alongside of AWE mods) and other advanced stuff.

I think Zeused missions are best since it makes AI to behave more realistically, you can keep eye for them not to wander off ETC..

I'm also for conservative use, there is always better option to prod players to move then to start mortaring them...

Anyway, If Skull have me I would give it a go, or perhaps on AWE when other Zeus has time to show some advanced techniques.

On 27/07/2017 at 0:12 AM, kman said:

Ye I tried in editor, I can move around, spawn units, order them to move/attack and puppeteer AI units.

But have no experience with ARES (or how to actualy load it alongside of AWE mods) and other advanced stuff.

I think Zeused missions are best since it makes AI to behave more realistically, you can keep eye for them not to wander off ETC..

I'm also for conservative use, there is always better option to prod players to move then to start mortaring them...

Anyway, If Skull have me I would give it a go, or perhaps on AWE when other Zeus has time to show some advanced techniques.

As of now player Zeus's are only for personal hosted GN's on AWE. Spartan doesn't apply to AWE. However, I feel that allowing player Zeus to help during GN's not their own might be beneficial. I hope to bring this to discussion within the team. 

Given the nature of AWE I do strongly believe that allowing Zeus to players outside of (personal) GN's is not beneficial to the server, there's too much responsibility as it's a bit of a niche market of players and most of the players are regulars, we don't want metagaming or accusations flying about.

Yes. I agree that for gauntlet, its better to leave Zeus only to people who have commited to be Admins.

I was asking just in relation to the gamenight. Benjamin however already submitted the mission and it would need to be changed for more Zeus slots, so maybe next time.

Had a blast while it lasted. I had quite a few problems, first arma3sync bugged out on me and I had to redownload a whole bunch of mods, that's why I was late. After that apparently my comms didn't work at all. And then I DC'd for no apparent reason and Arma stopped working. Off fo a great start :D