General Questions about usermade missions for Enhanced (Gamenights)

I've been looking around on the Forums and couldn't find the answer i was looking for (If anyone knows a topic about it, please post a link below).

So what i want to ask is:

-Are there any minimum technical requirements (scripting) for a mission to be called good or acceptable?

Or is it fine to be simple as long as it works without any errors?

-How much support from other players and staff can i expect in the process of building a mission? For example testing, improvements, or all in all reaching the niveau of AhoyWorld missions.

-Criteria for a mission to be fit for a Gamenight

-Is it possible to try other gameplay-styles, which may some people of the staff dont seem fit for a gamenight or on Enhanced in general(Aircraft only, Armor only, etc)?

Quick disclaimer before i type anything else: I'm not directly involved in enhanced gamenights so anything i say is just my personal opinion/experience.

4 minutes ago, Fugitz said:

-Are there any minimum technical requirements (scripting) for a mission to be called good or acceptable?

Not as far as i'm aware, i can give you some of the basic code for stuff like TFAR etc. if you want it PM me.

5 minutes ago, Fugitz said:

-How much support from other players and staff can i expect in the process of building a mission? For example testing, improvements, or all in all reaching the niveau of AhoyWorld missions.

Ask around and you'll find people willing to help you :) 

5 minutes ago, Fugitz said:

I'm gonna leave this for someone else to answer.

6 minutes ago, Fugitz said:

-Is it possible to try other gameplay-styles, which may some people of the staff dont seem fit for a gamenight or on Enhanced in general(Aircraft only, Armor only, etc)?

Armor only gamenights have been held before.  And to my knowledge members of staff aren't against other types of gamenights.  

In short. 

Not really, just work.

If they are friendly users will help and staff will test when you submit.

You can make it what you want, but obviously if players dont like it or staff doesnt like it it will not happen or turnout will be low.

However thats what I know. Take this as a temp answer until a staff member like @Copey answers

8 minutes ago, McKillen said:

If they are friendly users will help and staff will test when you submit.

If i want to submit and share it, it would be the best to create a new topic for the mission itself, wouldn't it?

If i want to submit and share it, it would be the best to create a new topic for the mission itself, wouldn't it?

I would go on TS or on a night on enhanced go talk to people in the downtime between missions. Then ask for help, its what I did. If you ask some people for help they will be more than happy to help. If you want you can also make a topic about how you need some help for a gamenight. Just make sure you make it in the right place.

TL;DR - probably

@Fugitz

A: No there are no minimums and to start it is best to just have a good mission with fun gameplay 

A: As much or as little as you want. I can help you whenever both you and I are on and feel free to message me. 

A: Both ryko and other game night related staff have laid out requirements here: 

A: Make and create whatever you want and usually the player base is always up for a change of pace.

Again if you want any help just ask,

Ben

1 hour ago, Fugitz said:

Generally I would put it like this: our emphasis would be on efficient scripting that results in good frame rates. I generally frown upon missions where every enemy is placed down in the editor with a bunch of waypoints, because this tends to reduce mission performance without providing a benefit to player gameplay.  Therefore it's a better practice to either create something with the intention of a Zeus to run (so enemy units can be spawned dynamically in better response to player position) or with a dynamic spawn system where units are spawned and removed as required by the mission (Gauntlet does this).

New mission makers tend to dump a bunch of units and props, give them a bunch of waypoints, add some tasks and think that the mission will be perfect. This is often not the case.

We're happy to work with you to create an interesting and efficient mission.  It is a very tricky thing to produce a mission which works 100% perfectly on game night and testing is encouraged.

We're pretty open-minded, as long as the tasks are fair and reasonably possible for the players to complete, and the environment you're creating is in some way believable.

19 minutes ago, Ryko said:

Generally I would put it like this: our emphasis would be on efficient scripting that results in good frame rates. I generally frown upon missions where every enemy is placed down in the editor with a bunch of waypoints, because this tends to reduce mission performance without providing a benefit to player gameplay.  Therefore it's a better practice to either create something with the intention of a Zeus to run (so enemy units can be spawned dynamically in better response to player position) or with a dynamic spawn system where units are spawned and removed as required by the mission (Gauntlet does this).

New mission makers tend to dump a bunch of units and props, give them a bunch of waypoints, add some tasks and think that the mission will be perfect. This is often not the case.

I used to have the same opinion and avoid placing units in the editor, but with the introduction of the dynamic simulation system(https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dynamic_Simulation) it can actually be beneficial to place all units in the editor (or spawn them with a script in the beginning of the mission). When the mission doesn't require an insane amount of units (+1000 units) there's no real reason to use dynamic spawning anymore for a simple mission, especially if you combine it with a headless client.

So if you're unfamiliar with scripting I'd just place everything in the editor, and enable dynamic simulation.

So, i would like to have a place where i can talk about the mission itself i have in mind, but i dont think i should continue it here because it would be off-topic. Where should i create the Topic where i can talk with you guys or anyone who is interested about it?